OL Bryce Givens

If Givens was from Texas, then I could see the Horns getting the upperhand. But I think it's fair game in Colorado. The same goes with the Gators. Listen, throughout this whole recruiting process, we will hear other rumors of commitments looking at other schools. That goes with the territory of recruiting three to five star players. A lot won't be true; some will. When it's all said and done, around four commitments will end up signing elsewhere. Right now that DB recruit from Texas seems to be the most likely to defect.

There seems to be an update on HI -- any idea what's going on???

he was supposed to be at NU's camp, but Jimmy Miller got hurt at TCU's Camp andwasnt going to be able to go to NU's. Bryce was riding with Miller's so he didnt make it to the camp

That's too bad on Millers part. He seemed to be on the verge of getting an offer....

what is the story on texting? i thought that was off limits now?

Gabbert isn't a coach so he can text all he wants.

"Once coach Gilmore (Nebraska), found out about the Texas offer on the Internet (June 2), he texted messaged me and I called him back." he said.

I thought the text ban was still in negotiations. If it isn't it wont go into effect until next year (2008)

Well it sounds like Givens is rock solid with his commitment. He has changed his mind on visiting the Longhorns.

Well, I hate to say I told you so, but.....

;)

you called it chuckd

but do you remember all of the uproar when Freekitty said that he was going to take a visit to OU, then came back and said that he was not going that the was a Husker, blah, blah, blah.........then text messaged Callahan and said "dont call"

even though i feel better about Bryce now, i will feel alot better after the ink is on the paper.

• 3 weeks later...