Beck's Spring Game at NCSU

Nebraska was one of the few Spring games where the QBs were stepping up. ESPN said the QBs at both South Carolina and Florida State looked awful in their games.

What ESPN buttering up Husker Nation? Sounds like they are trying to make themselves sound appealing so they dont get totally booed if they come for the USC game.

Not sticking up for ESPN, because I f'n hate them..... and not trying to be a "downer".......but I wonder if the QB's at other schools were playing against their 1st team defense or playing against back-ups like NU did??

Just an honest question...... personally, I think NU should go 1's vs 2's for the 1st half...... timing and continuity are extrememly important..... but it would be nice to see a "running clock" third qtr., when 1's face 1's....... Let's see Ganz and Keller face Suh and Co......or let's see this "improved" line vs Suh......

and come the 4th qtr...get the starters OUT !!!!!

Are you kidding me? It's a PRACTICE!!! It's not a game, it's not like we need to get the starters out to save them for next weeks game. Injuries can happen at anytime. Would you recommend only having the starters practice 3/4 of every practice? It's spring, all the players need reps, especially the ones we are going to be relying on this coming year. The only way to prevent injuries would be to put all the players you can't afford to lose in a padded room and make then stay there till Sept 1.

Keeping starters in a game that is out of hand during the season = stupid

Keeping starters in a PRACTICE during spring = completely normal

The Spring Game is only a game for the fans, for the players it is a practice. It is a chance for them to show coaches they can perform in a game-like setting, but so are the other scrimmages during the spring.

And for anyone wondering, according to Steve Sipple in his blog, Marlon is fine and was seen walking without crutches at the NU softball game today. Seems like the reports of a sprain are accurate and Marlon should be just fine.

Not sticking up for ESPN, because I f'n hate them..... and not trying to be a "downer".......but I wonder if the QB's at other schools were playing against their 1st team defense or playing against back-ups like NU did??

Just an honest question...... personally, I think NU should go 1's vs 2's for the 1st half...... timing and continuity are extrememly important..... but it would be nice to see a "running clock" third qtr., when 1's face 1's....... Let's see Ganz and Keller face Suh and Co......or let's see this "improved" line vs Suh......

Looking at some of the Spring games around the country it seems that several schools are switching to an offense vs defense scrimmage where the defense gets points for various things like turnovers, TDs, and 3 and outs. Florida State, Oklahoma, Texas and Iowa State (Chizek just came from Texas) all use this format.

Iowa runs theirs the same as we do.

South Carolina tries to split the two teams up evenly with two assistants running the respective teams.