RB Michael Shaw

Player: Michael Shaw

Hometown: Trotwood, OH

Position: RB

Height: 6’0”

Weight: 185

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Cincinnati, Florida, Iowa, Maryland, Nebraska, Penn State, Vanderbilt

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Husker: Randy Jordan is recruiting Shaw.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=639176

Michael Shaw, the 6-foot, 187-pound running back from Madison High School in Trotwood (Ohio) finished his junior year with 180 carries for 975 yards and 21 touchdowns. He also caught 10 balls for 200 yards and had an additional touchdown.

Shaw, ranked No. 50 in the Midwest by Scout.com, benches 285 pounds, squats 425 and has a 35-inch vertical jump.

"I have a good burst off the line and move fast," Shaw said. "I can run the ball, but am also good at pass blocking and run blocking. I can catch the ball out of the backfield too and have pretty good hands, but want to catch the ball more.

"I'm also working on improving my strength and running between tackles," he said. "I want to be able to create my own holes better."

Shaw has 13 scholarship offers and favors Nebraska and Iowa.

The Huskers and Hawkeyes lead slightly over Cincinnati, Maryland and Vanderbilt. All of his favorites have offered as well as from Illinois, Indiana, Toledo, Miami of Ohio, Eastern Michigan and Akron.

"I love the tradition at Nebraska," Shaw said. "It's amazing and they produce great running backs every year. Coach Bill Callahan is doing a great job and he's really put them back to national prominence. I love the West Coast offense and the short passing schemes they run.

"I also really like the tradition at Iowa," he said. "They have great fans and it's a football town. Football is huge in the Midwest."

Shaw, who runs a 4.45 forty, attended junior days at Cincinnati and Vanderbilt. "Cincinnati has tremendous facilities," he said. "I love how they really make the players feel at home and comfortable. It's a great family atmosphere."

The Bearcats are only 45 minutes from his house, but Shaw insists distance won't be an issue. "I don't care about distance or location," Shaw said. "My parents will come see me play wherever I go so that's not a problem."

Growing up Shaw's favorite team was Penn State, but the Nittany Lions haven't offered him yet. "They always had great running backs and I've loved their physical style of play," he said. "They are recruiting me and send me letters, but that's it so far."

Shaw also runs track, however he plans to only play football in college. He runs the 100m dash in 10.71 seconds and the 200m in 21.8 seconds.

"Academic support is important, but other than that I just want to feel comfortable," Shaw said. "I'd also like to have a fair shot to get some playing time. I don't need to start right away, but I'd like to play. I also want to play for good fans that follow football and support the team."

Shaw plans on attending the Scout.com combine on either May 6 in Pittsburgh or May 19 in Chicago.

He reports a 3.4 core GPA and a 1550 SAT.

Actually Cincinatti does have some pretty good facilities, not on NU's level but better than many other teams. Their varsity village is really well laid out and really good looking, they have a pretty good locker room a really big weight room, though not filled with top of the line equipment, and they are one of few teams with a full medical imaging center on site.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=652711

Michael Shaw, the 6-foot, 187-pound three-star running back from Trotwood-Madison, Ohio, now has 24 scholarship offers and has narrowed his list to seven schools.

Shaw, ranked No. 50 in the Midwest by Scout.com, denies a leader, but favors Tennessee, Penn State, Michigan, Iowa, Maryland, Clemson and Nebraska. All of his favorites have offered as well as Wake Forest, Oklahoma State, Colorado, Indiana, Illinois and several others.

"I want to play for a team with good fan support," Shaw said. "I'd also like to play early and be able to fight for a spot, so the depth chart will be a factor. I don't care too much about distance or anything like that."

Shaw doesn't plan to attend any camps this summer, but he will be taking a lot of unofficial visits. "This summer I plan to visit all my top schools, plus West Virginia," he said. "I probably won't make a decision until after I take a few visits and really get comfortable with the schools."

The two programs that Shaw has already had chance to visit in person are Tennessee and Michigan.

"I had a track meet at Tennessee a little while ago and it was really nice there," Shaw said. "They have a great track program too and are recruiting me for both sports. Also, they run a balanced offense and have produced a lot of good running backs that did well in the NFL.

"Iowa has a good offense too and I like how they use their backs," he said. "I also like their coaches a lot and I think they are getting better and better."

Shaw recently took an unofficial visit to Michigan. "It was amazing," Shaw exclaimed. "They are doing a great job with their program. They are always a winning team. Everyone there loves the team and there's a lot of team spirit. They don't have any pro teams there, so Michigan football is pretty much the marquee attraction."

Shaw says he's very big on tradition and that's why Nebraska is on his short list of favorites. "Nebraska is just one of those schools that have that name," he said. "You know when you hear Nebraska football that means something special."

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=652711

Michael Shaw, the 6-foot, 187-pound three-star running back from Trotwood-Madison, Ohio, now has 24 scholarship offers and has narrowed his list to seven schools.

Shaw, ranked No. 50 in the Midwest by Scout.com, denies a leader, but favors Tennessee, Penn State, Michigan, Iowa, Maryland, Clemson and Nebraska. All of his favorites have offered as well as Wake Forest, Oklahoma State, Colorado, Indiana, Illinois and several others.

"I want to play for a team with good fan support," Shaw said. "I'd also like to play early and be able to fight for a spot, so the depth chart will be a factor. I don't care too much about distance or anything like that."

Shaw doesn't plan to attend any camps this summer, but he will be taking a lot of unofficial visits. "This summer I plan to visit all my top schools, plus West Virginia," he said. "I probably won't make a decision until after I take a few visits and really get comfortable with the schools."

The two programs that Shaw has already had chance to visit in person are Tennessee and Michigan.

"I had a track meet at Tennessee a little while ago and it was really nice there," Shaw said. "They have a great track program too and are recruiting me for both sports. Also, they run a balanced offense and have produced a lot of good running backs that did well in the NFL.

"Iowa has a good offense too and I like how they use their backs," he said. "I also like their coaches a lot and I think they are getting better and better."

Shaw recently took an unofficial visit to Michigan. "It was amazing," Shaw exclaimed. "They are doing a great job with their program. They are always a winning team. Everyone there loves the team and there's a lot of team spirit. They don't have any pro teams there, so Michigan football is pretty much the marquee attraction."

Shaw says he's very big on tradition and that's why Nebraska is on his short list of favorites. "Nebraska is just one of those schools that have that name," he said. "You know when you hear Nebraska football that means something special."

Boy, if we could get him here for a game (USC?) he would surely commit!!!

My thinking, also. If he's impressed with Michigan's facilities, an on-site visit with a game atmosphere could be the kill shot we need.

just quicker on the draw than i was AR-i was thinking that to

My thinking, also. If he's impressed with Michigan's facilities, an on-site visit with a game atmosphere could be the kill shot we need.

just quicker on the draw than i was AR-i was thinking that to

Blame it on the Percocet. :thumbs