No. 1 v Scrubs

TO didn't start playing the #1's vs. #1's until 1992. I'm sure this is the main reason why NU went on the run from 93-97.

The Spring game I went to in 94 Tommie returned Punts and really didn't play that much at QB so it really wasn't a true #1 vs #1 thing.

Oh yeah it is also the Spring Game so no good can come out of playing 1's vs 1's. IMO

I wouldn't say it was the No.1 vs Scrubs. When you are good enough to ride the bench at a D-I School, more less make the 2 deep chart, than maybe you can start calling them scrubs as you will be one of them.

Unless it's sCUm. They are more in favor of recruiting guys who have the best punches thrown instead of talent. See their spring game recap! ;)

If there were more 1 vs 1 maybe we could beat someone other than the K Stats and ISU's of the world. You get to be the best by playing the best. That's why we were so good in the 90's.

You serious....you think if our #1 offense played our #1 defense then we would go out and destroy USC??? The only reason I like to see the #2's playing the #1's is that you get a chance to see players step up that are lower on the depth chart.

I like the way schools like Ohio St among more do it. The team votes for 2 captains and they then "draft" their team. Would have been kind of cool if Keller and Ganz drafter their teams to play each other.

The reason we do it the way we do seems to always have the answer of "we dont want anyone getting hurt" well they obviously doesnt work because we had 2 major players injuried this year...

The more you worry about injuries seems to be when they happen <_<

One of the biggest things about a spring game is the ability for the new starters to form a bond of playing around each other in an actual game setting.

The way OSU does it sounds like more of a glorified backyard game, and I doubt that really benefits the team a whole lot.

To finish my point about the Ohio State spring game being nothing more than a glorified backyard game, I give you this ...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...g.ap/index.html

It's kinda funny they are doing this, but it's a shame they are taking away a chance for some of those offensive players getting a chance to shine.

I kinda like this idea. Honorary coaches...that might put some more fun back into the game. Esp if you bring back some of the ex players who "have no connection to the program"

So you think letting a basketball player call plays is going to help the team?

Yes, this one 'game' will not make or break the team, it just takes away from a chance of some of the lesser known players getting a chance to shine. That is, if Conley is going to call the plays solely as he indicates in the article.

But from the sounds of it, they may as well play dads against sons and have a BBQ in the end zone for afterwards.