TE Dion Jordan

Player: Dion Jordan

Hometown: Chandler, AZ

Position: TE

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 215 lbs.

40 time: 4.6

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Michigan, Arizona, Arizona St., Oregon, Oregon St., Washington St., Colorado, Boise St., Hawaii, Utah, San Jose St., San Diego St., Cal, Illinois

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report::star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: From Big Red Report:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% AZ connection!

Link to Scout article (at this time did not reference Nebraska offer which came 5/18/07):

http://hsarizona.scout.com/2/642743.html

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Has us in his top 5. See thread on his HS teammate CB Marc Anthony. They want to play at same program. Michigan is pushing hard...Cal has come in recently...I think these guys need a game day visit and that will put us over the top. We need them to visit or else I am afraid they will be lured by Meechicken.

this would be one of the biggest gets in this class IMO. We need a guy like this that can come in, hit the weights and work the playbook for a year, come out bigger, stronger and faster.....then give us a viable receiving threat from the TE position on every play.

this would be one of the biggest gets in this class IMO. We need a guy like this that can come in, hit the weights and work the playbook for a year, come out bigger, stronger and faster.....then give us a viable receiving threat from the TE position on every play.

Yes, I like him more and more as well. We have the TE recruit project in the Juco Hetzer but I scoped out Michigan and Cal...Michigan has 4-star TE recruit Moore and Cal has 4-star TE recruit Ladner (Cal also has 3-star TE recruit Miller). Cal seems full and I don't think Jordan will have as clear a path to playing time at Michigan. I agree that Jordan can come in to NU and be the #1 TE as a major receiving threat on every down in a couple of years.

• 4 weeks later...

isn't he also a twofer with cb marc anthony?

It is a likely twofer. Scout shows that both TE Jordan and CB Anthony will be here for visits during the USC game weekend. Scout is reporting TE Jordan will also visit Oregon at end of September. Scout also shows CB Anthony to visit Michigan weekend after our visit. I don't see TE Jordan showing a visit to Michigan at this time. Would be great to get these two guys...quality at some positions of need in this class! Let get them N! Work that AZ connection again! :)

Word is Blaine Gabbert is trying to get this kid to be N!

Latest from Husker Journal below. We have work to do to get him N! We need both TE Jordan and his teammate CB Anthony!

AUGUST 4, 2007. PREP STAR

DION JORDAN, tight end from Chandler, Arizona, has offer from Washington State, Michigan, Colorado, Nebraska, Boise State, Arizona State, Oregon, Oregon State, Arizona, Utah, Illinois.

“I plan on taking a visit to Oregon.” Said Jordan, “I like the offense (spread) they run. Coach Bellotti is a cool guy. Oregon’s offense allows the tight end to be in open space. I went to Oregon for junior days and really liked it. They say it rains there quite a bit, but I would get use to it.”

“There is a lot of things I like about Nebraska.” He said, “The have an aggressive offense, and I like how they use the tight end. They have a lot of history. Coach Bush is my recruiter. I plan on making up there (Nebraska) for the USC game.”

“I went to Arizona Junior Day’s and I met the whole coaching staff.” Said Jordan, “I like coach Erickson a lot. I got to see one of their practices.”

“I like Colorado a lot.” He said, “I’ve been to Colorado but not Boulder. Colorado said I could get on the field early. Coach Cabral is my recruiter.”