Coaches In Need Of Winning BIG This Year

Article on Yahoo! Sports:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Ao...n&type=lgns

Not necessarily on the hot seat but article says these guys all need good years to establish their programs as among the elite. No surprise here...Cally needs a signature win this year. USC, @Texas, Big 12 Championship all qualify for me. Les Miles? I don't know about that one...LSU has been awfully good of late but Saban was there for some of that...so perhaps you could say Miles needs SEC championship. Karl Dorrell? He probably saved his job with the win over USC last year. Expectations continue to grow. That dud bowl game loss to FSU didn't help. UCLA needs a good season or Dorrell will hear it again. Lloyd Carr? He is one who I think is actually on the hot seat...he needs to beat Ohio St. this year.

I think a signature win would be either against Texas or USC this year, which I do not think is completely out of the question. If we win at least one of those games, no other losses, and then play in the big 12 championship and give a good run and valiant effort, even if we lose I would call it alright. As long as we don't lose every big game this year, but just show that we can compete with ALL of them.

I think the only game he needs to win is Wake Forest. If we beat the current ACC champion it will be a signature game. I think our talent level and theirs are similar.

SC is a stretch. Names do not mean anything. It is the players lining up accross from each other that matters. I still feel we are no match talent wise for either Texas or SC. SC is our best chance. I think we lose at Austin, and it might not be pretty. We most likely would get them again in the CCG, and should fair a little better there.

I could care less what some idiot sports writer thinks. Pederson is happy with the job BC is doing. You remember Pederson was the recruiting coordinator when he was last here. He knows where are talent was and where it is headed. But 1 good class compared to 6 or 7 for Texas and SC does not even out. Starters maybe close, but depth it where we will be hurting. That is some of the reason for the fall off in the second half I think. JMHO

Karl Dorrell? He probably saved his job with the win over USC last year. Expectations continue to grow. That dud bowl game loss to FSU didn't help. UCLA needs a good season or Dorrell will hear it again.

Anyone else find it interesting that Norvell is now the OC for a school thats head coach is in hot water? Maybe all of that interviewing will pay off in the near future if Dorell can't win. I personally wish him the best as he now has Husker Ties.

Karl Dorrell? He probably saved his job with the win over USC last year. Expectations continue to grow. That dud bowl game loss to FSU didn't help. UCLA needs a good season or Dorrell will hear it again.

Anyone else find it interesting that Norvell is now the OC for a school thats head coach is in hot water? Maybe all of that interviewing will pay off in the near future if Dorell can't win. I personally wish him the best as he now has Husker Ties.

no, i dont find it interesting at all

I say Phillip Fulmer at Tennessee is probably one of the coaches that needs a big win the most. Charlie Weiss has had a really good run down there at Notre Dame, but I think he needs a win against the elite also. Even old Bob Stoops probably finds himself needing a win mostly over Texas. Plus the already mentioned coaches.

In honesty he really only has two classes. The first one was just to go through the motions. Taking over as late as he did, you really can not count it. He got a couple of good kids no question, but we all know it would have been better if he had the whole year to do the job. I think he basically honored the recruits from Coach Solich. Got a couple of swaps and went on with it.

I am not as impressed with our recruiting as some are. But I know he is doing the job and with a couple of good wins the recruiting should go where I want to see it. You have to have something to sell at this point. He has not delivered that yet. But I truly think he will.