Okie state - Win

Texas a&m - Win

at Texas - Win

at Kansas - Win

Kansas State - Win

Colorado - Win

CCG - Lose

Bowl game - Lose

Wake Forest has more of chance than some give them. Texas will have a great team but I give the edge to Nebraska as I don't think Colt MCoy is as good as most think. Hopefully the Blackshirts can keep Oki St's Bobby Ried in check. A&M may be close again with 9O and 8D starters returning. I think Mizzou's Defense will be weak. I expect an improved sCUm team but give them no chance.

OU vs NU in the CCG

Hummm...yeah....I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Mvpulos is an idoit. There are alot of really great husker fans on this website with alot of knowledge about college football, but you're definitely not one of them. For starters, the reasonong behind each prediction you make is elementary at best. Everyone on here knows I'm a jayhawk fan, and yes, I don't think KU will win the North, but I do think they'll finish 3rd and THEY WILL be better than last year.

Tell me this....what exactly makes you think KU is gonna "suck badly" this year??? What's the logic behind it, and don't tell me because of John Cornish. The guy was a "system back" There is a reason he wasn't drafter in the NFL. I watched this guy in person for two years. he is a great North and South back...that's it.

KU returns 51 letterman from last years team. That's ranked 9th among active D1 teams. The defense is back. Aqib talib (1st Team All American DB is back) Leading tacklers from a year ago are back. Top defensive lineman is back. QB's are back. All receivers are back except for Brian Murph and he sucked.

I'm not saying that KU will with out a doubt beat Nebraska, but you just can't chalk up a win for NU. Hell, we almost beat ya'll in your backyard last year. KU will be lookin for a fight. You can't count on that. We'll see how badly KU sucks this year. We'll just have to see.

:angry:

It's about time someone stood up for the JayHawks.

Your thoughts are spot on. Too many on this board think it is an automatic win to show up with N on your helmet. Respect your opponent and their fans. Makes the games all the better when you win.

The fighting Mangino's will give us all they got, there is no question about that.

I appreciate your loyalty and dedication to your team JGS30, It is what college football is suppose to be. I pull for you guys in every game but ours. Good fans that show and give respect.

No wins are guaranteed and nothing should be taken for granted. The Jayhawks, as much as it sucks to admit, are a decent team. I view KU the same as KSU, ISU, MU, CU, etc; a win in the conference is a win. You can't count on blowouts very often, because conference teams are usually well prepared for each other. If we go down to KU and win by 1 point, that'd be fine by me. If we were to knock them by about 40-15, I might grin a little bit too. ;)

Hummm...yeah....I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Mvpulos is an idoit. There are alot of really great husker fans on this website with alot of knowledge about college football, but you're definitely not one of them. For starters, the reasonong behind each prediction you make is elementary at best. Everyone on here knows I'm a jayhawk fan, and yes, I don't think KU will win the North, but I do think they'll finish 3rd and THEY WILL be better than last year.

Tell me this....what exactly makes you think KU is gonna "suck badly" this year??? What's the logic behind it, and don't tell me because of John Cornish. The guy was a "system back" There is a reason he wasn't drafter in the NFL. I watched this guy in person for two years. he is a great North and South back...that's it.

KU returns 51 letterman from last years team. That's ranked 9th among active D1 teams. The defense is back. Aqib talib (1st Team All American DB is back) Leading tacklers from a year ago are back. Top defensive lineman is back. QB's are back. All receivers are back except for Brian Murph and he sucked.

I'm not saying that KU will with out a doubt beat Nebraska, but you just can't chalk up a win for NU. Hell, we almost beat ya'll in your backyard last year. KU will be lookin for a fight. You can't count on that. We'll see how badly KU sucks this year. We'll just have to see.

:angry:

While I appreciate the fact that you are sticking up for your team, please follow the board rules. No personal attacks. If you want to point out how a poster is wrong - as you did after the attack - and let everyone draw their own conclusion, that's fine. An oft repeated mantra - attack the post, not the poster.

I thought about that after my comments. But it is not my place to say anything AR. But I still stand by my comments on his idea of why things could be different. I was not trying to stir the pot so to speak.

Not a problem at all - and I certainly want to make clear that JGS30's post was fine, except for that one point. And he and you are right - the day and age of the kind of conference dominance we used to have is gone. Kansas has given us all we want in terms of competition, and will do so again this upcoming season. We need to recognize and respect that - and realize that it's actually a good thing. The better the competition each week, the better we become in meeting it.

I'm going to say 11-3. We lose to either Texas or USC , but gain some respect by beating one of them. Then we have a meltdown against a team we should beat like the OSU game and lose in the Big12 champ game and then win our bowl game. I think we beat Missouri though and put them in their proper place but this time in Columbia.

:bonez

i think KU still has a ways to go. the attitude in lawerence has changed, yes. but there's a reason they're still talking 40-15, a couple years after it happened. i see the same thing every few years from MU, ISU, etc...a few years of above average players, making a few games that they always lose a little more competitive for for a little while. then, 3 years of mediocrity. i do respect them. i was at the 40-15. their fans were actually pretty cool compared to the KSU fans. but the experience of returning a bunch of average players only makes the team a little above average.

I would love it if we could beat Texas or USC this year and I will be in the stands cheering at every down, but we just won't. Both teams have better players and both teams have better coaches. It pains me to say it, but it's true.

I think we'll be 10-4. We'll lose to USC, Texas, the Big XII title game, and one other game somewhere in there.

I thought about that after my comments. But it is not my place to say anything AR. But I still stand by my comments on his idea of why things could be different. I was not trying to stir the pot so to speak.

Not a problem at all - and I certainly want to make clear that JGS30's post was fine, except for that one point. And he and you are right - the day and age of the kind of conference dominance we used to have is gone. Kansas has given us all we want in terms of competition, and will do so again this upcoming season. We need to recognize and respect that - and realize that it's actually a good thing. The better the competition each week, the better we become in meeting it.

Sorry about that post guys. I didn't realize there was rules against making fun of posters. I was attacking the post more than anything. I do apologize for that. I've been spending too much time on the athlon boards I guess.....mainly arguments and insults. Sorry about that guys. I hope I can stay and chat some more.

JGS30.

Sorry about that post guys. I didn't realize there was rules against making fun of posters. I was attacking the post more than anything. I do apologize for that. I've been spending too much time on the athlon boards I guess.....mainly arguments and insults. Sorry about that guys. I hope I can stay and chat some more.

JGS30.

You can attack me. I wear a helmet...things just bounce off. Ask Husker Big Guy.

JGS30.

We'd love to have you stay and share your thoughts. One thing that everyone seems to enjoy is an "outside" perspective. We've had fans from Auburn and Michigan - the last two bowl opponents - on here and had some excellent discussions. Stick around.

No matter what, before every game of the season I will say we win, so there is no point of me saying 12-2 or something. I honesty think we can take USC at home. Redout, so so loud, USC young at receiver, and us wanting to come back. Plus I have a feeling Keller is going to show up and play incredible. The Wake game makes me nervous though, being on the road early. Luckily it's at 11 in the morning, so Wake fans wion't have all day to get drunk and ready for the game.

UT will be tough obviously, but if we are undefeated going in, which I think we will, I think we can pull it out. Should be a great season though. Wouldn't be surprised with 2-3 losses, but honestly could see a 14-0 season if it falls right.

No wins are guaranteed and nothing should be taken for granted. The Jayhawks, as much as it sucks to admit, are a decent team. I view KU the same as KSU, ISU, MU, CU, etc; a win in the conference is a win. You can't count on blowouts very often, because conference teams are usually well prepared for each other. If we go down to KU and win by 1 point, that'd be fine by me. If we were to knock them by about 40-15, I might grin a little bit too. ;)

There are no "gimmie' games anymore, especially in this Big 12 we live in now.

I'm concerned about all of them.

gOU Big Red