Breaking News -- Maurice Purify.....

All of these comments seem eerily familiar.....oh yeah they were all said 5 weeks ago. Let it all work out before we run the guy out of town

Um...that's the point. He can't keep his nose clean for longer than that? He hasn't even received his punishment from the state or the university for his first screw up. He doesn't need to leave...but he's lost his right to play football and have a full ride scholarship. He can stay and finish his education...and pay full tuition, rent and get drunk with all the 'regular' students.

I'm guessing he's going to fade into obscurity and out of our minds very quickly.

Haven't been on here since January. Too long. Anyways, this is a tough call imo. Give him what would be a third chance after the incidents, or kick him off the team for good. Callahan already has said he is off the team indefinately, so what will the final decision be? I still think he should get one more chance. This was a dumb decision, as was the other issue, but I still think he should be allowed to play. We'll see how it turns out though. Still come on Mo, the top wr on a team that's on it's way back. Jeeze

I agree with most of you. Dude's gotta go. He's nothing but a repeat offender (I.E. Lawrence Phillips) and will be nothing but a distraction in our quest to be back on top. Cut him loose Bill!

And we still haven't lived LP down. Whenever there is talk about the 95 team nationally, all we hear is "and LP came out of nowhere for the Florida game. TO must have needed him..." It's that crap that always gets to me. Will we be hearing it if Callahan lets him come back, and he is a huge part of our season? Who knows right now.

I agree with all of you that are saying "cut him loose"..... At this point BC has no option but to send him packing...... it's all over ESPN radio.... NU needs to re-establish a little National respect, and unfortunately, it starts with handling this the right way !!!!

Steve Ryan (Big Red Report) said earlier today on 590 that he felt that Mo was going to get at least a 5-6 suspension with the possibility that he may be cut loose.... He also stated that he felt that Mo is the difference of 2 wins..... Steve Ryan thought that NU would lose 2 more games if they cut Mo......not my opinion , just sharing what an "insider" believes....

IMO, I say that the two additional losses are the price that NU HAS to pay to handle this the right way.... to be arrested TWICE in a 5 week span is totally assinine...... Farewell Mo..... whom, under the new NFL commish, may have really hurt his future football career !!! dumbass..... oh yeah, I forgot, he is an honor student, so he probably has a lot to fall back on.... :hmmph

I gave Mo the benefit of the doubt on his first incident, but now...get the guy the hell out of Lincoln and quit blowing our time away. What a shame and disgrace.

I agree.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Mo. We don't want you...

All of these comments seem eerily familiar.....oh yeah they were all said 5 weeks ago. Let it all work out before we run the guy out of town

I hope you aren't comparing a fight to drunk driving...

He got his 2nd chance w/ the 1st incident. I say let him go! Hopefully our other receivers will pick up the slack.

But also give him support to hopefully learn from these mistakes and still make something of himself (just not as a Husker football player).