Weight: 235 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Boise State, Lousiana Tech, Rice

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Physical TE that excels as a blocker. From Big Red Report: He had over 130 pancakes on the season averaging 18 pancakes a game. He hauled in five receptions for 45 yards. Gimm earned first team all-district honors.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20%

Was his team a run-oriented team? Or does he have bad hands? The reason I ask is that he seems like an ideal threat over the middle. Good size, decent speed - you have to wonder why he is thought of primarily as a blocker and didn't have many receptions. Was it the scheme? Lack of personnel at the quarterback postion? Cement hands?

Anyone have any info on that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From Husker Journal...Gimm likely to commit soon!

JULY 28, 2007. PREP STAR

JONATHAN GIMM, TE/H-Back, from Spring (Westfield), Texas has offers from Nebraska, Kansas, Rice, Boise State and Louisiana Tech.

"I just came back from Nebraska and I liked it a lot." said Gimm, "They are number one on my list right now. I will probably commit to Nebraska in a week or two. I want to talk it over with my parents and coach."

"Nebraska is recruiting me as a tight-end and H-back." he said, "At the H-back position I will be the lead blocker and catch some passes. In the West Coast Offense, Nebraska will send me in motion too."

"Coach Watson is my primary recruiter." he said, "He's a great coach, he knows his stuff. Coach Watson text messages me every day."

"My mother likes Nebraska too." said Gimm, "We toured the weight room and the locker room, it's very spacious."

"The Nebraska coaches are great, very energetic, and they seem to get along. The city of Lincoln, it's all about football there."

• 2 weeks later...