Mixing the old with the new

Since it's pretty slow right now for news and things to talk about, I was wondering heading into the 2007 season what one player from all the great players that have played here at NU would you like to have playing on the 2007 squad? Keep in mind we're talking about the modern era football or this season. As much as I'd like to see Johnny Rogers, I don't think someone of his stature would fit very well on the 2007 Husker team.

Considering we're running the WCO, I don't think bringing back a QB or receiver is even relevant. I think we're good on the OL and RB, so I'm going to go with someone on defense. After last season, you'd think I would go with a DB. However, I have faith that the young guys got much needed experience and will be significantly better than last year. I'd love to go with one of the Peters bros. on the DL, but I think we'll be solid there as well. I know that most people think the LB corp. is solid and will be one of the better ones this year, but this is where I'd like to bring back a Husker or old and add into the mix. I'd like to bring back Terrell Farley with his blazing 4.3-4.4 speed to add into the LB mix. Take away his off field problems, and I think he was simply one of the funnest guys to ever wear red. Ruud and company may be solid, but none of them have the blazing quick speed of Farley. One of the reasons we were so dominate back in the mid-90's was because our defenses were so good that it kept the opposing offenses off the field for most of the game. I'm sure I'm just biased as I was a student with season tickets during this era, but he was always the funnest and most exciting player for me to watch when he was on the field. I'm sure this is all in my head, but I've always thought that game against Arizona State in 1996 would have been a totally different game if Farley wouldn't have been suspended.

Who would all of you guys like to see from Huskers past playing on the 2007 team?

No doubt here...... Mike Brown..... He is on my top 5 of all-time list... I love this guy.....

I am breaking the rules :) , but I would like to add, based on what I think will be the "weakness" of this year's unit... the D-line..... if we could add a Grant Wistrom or Jared Tomich at DE, that would be nice :clap

Dave Remington. Our offensive line has improved each year under these coaches, but there is still something lacking. Remington would be a leader that would "show the way", and could help return the line to the kind of dominance we used to see.

You build a team from the lines out. We've had great defensive linemen, and will continue that. We need to get it back for the offensive lineman. Do that, and immediately the entire offense improves. The backs have better holes and lanes, the quarterback has time to go through his progressions, you can go with longer, deeper, slower developing passing, which in turns opens up the offense further.

I wouldn't put Davison on anyone of my teams. He was great in HS, and a punk, and was in the right place at the right time to make a huge and unforgettable name for himself. There were several players that have played SE that were a lot better than him. There is no way. And thats not just the personal side speaking, he was an average player.