WR Deion Walker

Player: Deion Walker

Hometown: Christchurch, VA

Position: WR

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 190 lbs.

40 time: 4.45

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Southern California, Florida, Michigan, LSU, Penn St., Florida St., Indiana, Iowa, Pitt, Air Force, West Virginia

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Over 3,500 yards in all purpose in the past two seasons as a QB, WR, RB, and returning kicks.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10% Lots of obvious competition for this five star athlete. Ted Gilmore is recruiting him.

Let's get him N! We need a big-time WR recruit to go with our big-time QB recruit. Walker could smash all records and redefine WR at NU. Someone is going to be that person and I feel this year or next year we should be landing a :star:star:star:star:star WR recruit! Our system is too good for these WR recruits to pass up. :woo

Let's get him N! We need a big-time WR recruit to go with our big-time QB recruit. Walker could smash all records and redefine WR at NU. Someone is going to be that person and I feel this year or next year we should be landing a :star:star:star:star:star WR recruit! Our system is too good for these WR recruits to pass up. :woo

i agree but NU needs to have a 1000 yrd reciever for a couple of years then they will be knocking down the door

i agree but NU needs to have a 1000 yrd reciever for a couple of years then they will be knocking down the door

I dunno, our system is more designed to spread the ball to about 7 or 8 different receivers a game....maybe once we get a really big threat we will see him consistently get 5 catches per game.

I dunno, our system is more designed to spread the ball to about 7 or 8 different receivers a game

i think that's only because no reciever has really stepped up. Even Mo seemed to get shut down by the more physical defenses.

The ball might still get spread around a bit, but the catches are there for someone to step up and take

I dunno, our system is more designed to spread the ball to about 7 or 8 different receivers a game....maybe once we get a really big threat we will see him consistently get 5 catches per game.

Niles Paul, but yes, we need another one.

here's a teaser on the front page of huskersillustrated

Five-star wide receiver Deion Walker is one of those big timers and he recently tweaked his travel plans around and he his announced plans to end north on an unofficial visit to Nebraska. The Huskers have been successful in getting one of the best QBs and offensive linemen, but can they get this five-star?

• 2 weeks later...

Per SI.com

Taking the tour: Christchurch (Va.) School wide receiver Deion Walker is ranked as the No. 3 player at his position for 2008. The 6-4, 186-pounder recently took unofficial visits to Florida, Florida State, LSU and South Carolina. He was supposed to visit Rutgers, Boston College and UConn this week but canceled his Northeast swing. Walker will be at Michigan and Nebraska next week.

Per SI.com

Taking the tour: Christchurch (Va.) School wide receiver Deion Walker is ranked as the No. 3 player at his position for 2008. The 6-4, 186-pounder recently took unofficial visits to Florida, Florida State, LSU and South Carolina. He was supposed to visit Rutgers, Boston College and UConn this week but canceled his Northeast swing. Walker will be at Michigan and Nebraska next week.

Be prepared to be impressed Mr. Walker!! *crosses fingers*