College Football's Best "New" Rivalries

I think you'll probably start seeing Missouri and NU as a rivalry..................

According to the EA Sports NCAA Football games, we already are.

Is this "Missouri-Nebraska Bell" a real thing? :ahhhhhhhh

Ya the bell is a real trophy......so is the one a got when I placed 5th in the 3 legged race when I was 7. Doesnt mean it means $hit!

I think you'll probably start seeing Missouri and NU as a rivalry..................

According to the EA Sports NCAA Football games, we already are.

Is this "Missouri-Nebraska Bell" a real thing? :ahhhhhhhh

Ya the bell is a real trophy......so is the one a got when I placed 5th in the 3 legged race when I was 7. Doesnt mean it means $hit!

:clap Very Nice

I do however feel that MU NU will become a big rivalry. This series has been closer in recent history then anything else in the North. If memory serves correctly this has been a tough game for years, with most predictions ALWAYS mentioning the game against the other as a key game in the North. If its a key game that to me signifies a new rivalry (although I cringe at calling it that)

There is a simple test to see who is a rival, weather or not people want to admit it. Who do the fans hate. Around here it is definatly KSU and CU. Many people cant even give credit where it is due because of the hatred. That is a rivalry. Maybe not the classy way it was with OU, but one none the same.

There is a simple test to see who is a rival, weather or not people want to admit it. Who do the fans hate. Around here it is definatly KSU and CU. Many people cant even give credit where it is due because of the hatred. That is a rivalry. Maybe not the classy way it was with OU, but one none the same.

:yeah

Exactly. I, personally don't consider KSU a rival. I also do not proclaim my hatred for them on a daily basis. However that is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier. MANY people on this board profess their dislike for KSU, Freeman, Prince and the color purple whether you ask for it or not. And the reasoning given for why they don't consider KSU a rival is 'because they suck'.

It's simple math:

'I Hate KSU' + 'KSU Sucks' x thousands of husker fans using the same 'logic' = rivalry

There is starting to be a lot of hatred between KSU and Nebraska. If you check out the KSU boards they are overrun by NU fans and every topic is about how they hate Nebraska. I hope MU - NU becomes the new rival because I think we are the only two teams that have a shot at winning the north every year.

No KSUcks is not a rivalry. Period. OU is a rival because the game is heated, it has history, sometimes the Big 12 is at stake, both teams talk about the game befor and after at length, and most of all, both teams respect each other. No one but Bill Snyder respects KSUcks now...and he quit.

holy sh#t batman! KSU as a rival? are you shittin me?? that's a stretch!

Yes. KSU and NU is a strecth. More like KU and NU. The last 3 games have been heated!! :woo

OK, neither one is really a rivalry. Have I mentioned how much I dislike KSU??

However this is what feeds into the 'rivalry' status. Look how many people's sigs are 'KSUcks' or 'Freeman Sucks', etc. If it wasn't a rivalry.....people wouldn't be so ademant about saying that. For instance Baylor...we know they suck...however nobody makes a point to tell how much they hate Baylor or want to beat the crap out of them...because they aren't a rival.

Analysts, magazines wouldn't consider it a rivalry if BOTH sides were so intent on voicing their dislike for the other one.....therefore, rivalry status.

I disagree, the reason people say "KSUcks" or "Freeman Sucks" is because KSU thinks they are better than they really are. KSU fans blindly say they are good without anything to back it up. The reason no one harps on Baylor is because they don't claim to be good. There fans already know they suck.

A point could be made by the opposition that NU thinks they are better than we really are, but atleast we have the history and tradition to back us up. My theory, "Don't think your great and don't claim to be great if all you have ever done is less than acceptable."

You can't spell "ISUck without ISU"

We really don't have a rival anymore for various reasons. Colorado was once a rival, but too much Nudeheisel and Barnett have decimated CU and the rivalry. KSU was the worst team in D1 before Snyder. There really wasn't a rivalry there until the late 90's or less than a decade ago, so is this really a rivalry? OU used to be a rivalry until their probation and then the formation of the Big 12. I've always thought a rivalry was a game that even people outside the conference would watch if their team wasn't playing. I know I like to watch the Ohio State-Michigan game and USC-Notre Dame game. I even catch myself watching in state rivalries like Michigan-Michigan State and Iowa-Iowa State when Iowa State is decent. I don't think the NU-KSU game really catches much of a national audience like the CU-NU game used to. If NU could schedule a game like OU or even Texas every year, I think a we could renew an old rivalry or form a new one. Even the Big 12 Championship game has lost its luster the last few seasons.

I disagree...CU is still a rivalry IMO because of all the tension and how they always managed to hang in with us regardless of rank. 17-12...27-24...16-14...33-30...34-32...and then 62-36. After that it's been loss, win, close loss, and two wins if I'm not mistaken...but I can definitely feel the heat when we play colorado. It's moving in the other direction though, lately the games haven't been as competitive, so if we keep running away with clear cut victories this rivalry will start to lose its luster.

Against Mizzou, we also have had a lot of close back-and-forth games, but the difference I think is that - at least for me - I don't feel particularly strongly about the Mizzou games, except "God, I hope we win." There isn't the intensity of the annual Thanksgiving CU matchup...nor the storylines KSU has managed to generate recently.

We should play Iowa every year. That could be a decent rivalry. They have generally been in the last several years -- not last year -- the third best team in the Big 10. And they are fairly close to Lincoln.

They want no part of us after the last time we played. Does anyone remember Crouch, Billdozing their safety? If you don't, you should check it out on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...p;search=Search

We all know/agree that OU will always be and be remembered as our #1 rival. But the fact is that if we don't play on a regular basis....it can't be our 'now' rival.

Unless we schedule a big non-conference game every year (I.E. USC vs. ND or Florida vs Florida State) or play a South division team every season....then we are left with KSU, CU or MU as our only 'rivals' right now.

We know that Iowa has a bad taste in their mouth from the last set of meetings....but a 'Cropland Clash' every year could be good. Hell E85 Ethanol might even sign on as a big $$$ sponsor.