Mo contrite

God forbid the guy think about his future at any time. Blasphemy.

Look, you want to carry his sympathy banner feel free, but if he was that concerned about his future maybe he should have thought about that before throwing the punch or getting in a car stone cold drunk!!!!!!!!

Have you ever punched someone or driven a car when you shouldnt have?

I haven't :hmmph

Look, you want to carry his sympathy banner feel free, but if he was that concerned about his future maybe he should have thought about that before throwing the punch or getting in a car stone cold drunk!!!!!!!!

Well congradulations. You are part of a very small number of people who have never done either.

Every raped anyone, including date rape, or anything?

None. But you cant tell me that if you were in Mo s shoes in the position he is in right now that the nfl and money wouldnt at least be on your mind to a degree.

Well that may be true. I'm just a old school hick who was raised on a ranch and was taught that your work ethic, integrity, honesty, and your name were things you could control, and not to worry about things out of your control.

I'm just out of touch with the modern athlete and miss the Brook Berringers

You've got to be kidding me if you think this way of thinking has anything to do with the "Modern Athlete". I believe Purify is not the first or the last Nebraska player to be concerned with playing in the NFL. There are plenty of kids that play the game now that have the same values and work ethic that Berringer had.(see Joe Ganz, Zac Taylor, Nate Swift, Tierre Green etc..) If kids weren't concerned with playing in the NFL then nobody would ever leave school early like Calvin Jones, Ahman Green, Johnny Mitchell, Larry Phillips, Derek Brown which all either played with or before Berringer.

Anyway I wish I wasn't balding so I could cut my hair into a mo-hawk. Hopefully he doesn't change it to blonde like Chad Johnson though.

None. But you cant tell me that if you were in Mo s shoes in the position he is in right now that the nfl and money wouldnt at least be on your mind to a degree.

Well that may be true. I'm just a old school hick who was raised on a ranch and was taught that your work ethic, integrity, honesty, and your name were things you could control, and not to worry about things out of your control.

You probably could have stopped with the "out of touch" and still had a true statement. Purify is neither the first nor the last to consider his NFL options his senior year at Nebraska.

You probably could have stopped with the "out of touch" and still had a true statement. Purify is neither the first nor the last to consider his NFL options his senior year at Nebraska.

or their junior year either

Look arguing this is like spitting hairs, everyone has their opinion, but the point that was being made way back didn't have anything to do with leaving school early, raping anyone, or commiting the same crime as him.

Most of your arguments lead down trails completely off the topic.

My point was his lack of what seemed to be support and loyality to this program, as if the Huskers were just a road bump to his career, sorry I care more for this program then to have some JUCO punk (or anyone for that matter) make a a$$ of himself and the "N". To much blood, and sweat has been given to this program buy past coaches and players and my feelings are you not only represent the Univ of the present but also the past and that should be respected to some degree.

And yes I have driven a car when I shouldn't have and thrown a punch when I shouldn't have.

I was a O-lineman that lost a scholarship at USD for such and paid for it, but I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me, you play, you pay.

Back to the topic. It's great to see that his teammates have really been trying to keep him in line. Keller always wanting to throw, and others lifting weights will really pay off imo. It really shows how tight of a group this is, and through the controversy, they stick together.

Like it or not he will have a monster year and I think he will still get a good gig in the nfl.

We have many weapons, but I beleive that Purify will overshadow about everyone with the exception of maybe Keller.

no, but i once punched a car and driven a guy i shouldn't have.

Wow, Hack! :lol:

Seriously, people...as a student at the University of Nebraska, let's just let Purify focus on getting his Bachelor's degree. He did mention that, right? Somewhere? It was maybe on his list? :hmmph