is it just us?

I am I

do all fans of their teams feel a REAL sense of optimism entering the season....i think we actually have a real chance at some big things this year, especially with the tough schedule.

i mean, you can't tell me KU, REALLY thinks they are going to be some kind of dark horse...i realize to be a fan of a team (even k-state) you look forward to a new year cuz everyone starts 0-0, but i look at this board and follow the spring and fall camps and think we have a good as shot as anyone.

so, is it just us because we friggin rock, or do you think all fans have true optimism?

Every team has fans with certain expectations. We are obviously at a caliber where we can hope for a Conference Championship and a BCS Bowl Game, possibly the Championship Bowl.

You bring up KU and I'm sure they have fans on message boards just like this who are expecting certain things from their team. Whether its hoping to beat their rivals, KU & Mizzou, or make a decent bowl game. I would bet it is something along those lines or possibly winning the North, or at least finishing higher than everyone expects them to.

true, i guess that's why CU could lose all their games, but if they beat us it was all that mattered.

i guess basically in my lifetime i've never had to deal with the skers being really bad for even more than 2-3 year. so i just wonder if teams fans' can have real optimism.

but i guess they probably have realistic expectations for their team. :waste

Since I can remember and that's quite a while the Skers have never really stunk it up. 9-3 for a lot of years. The OU curse was the only thing that was so frustrating to me back in the day Freakin' Switzer. :)

I think this team is gellin' and the chemistry is there to be much more improved than many people both fans and talkin' dodo heads give NU credit for. 'Course that's just IMHO.

I WEAR THE SCARLET AND CREAM GLASSES PEOPLE. Even if they lose 5 they're still the team I love.

GBR GBR GBR GBR GOOOOOOOO BIGGGGGGGGGG REEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

the thing is we have a good schedule. I mean a good schedule if we want to do well. Beat our non-conference teams, Texas and the rest of the South (both OSU and A&M I think will do well this year)....and I think we have a chance to get some respect. The problem is it won't be an easy road ahead. They are all good teams. The North just doesn't have any tough non-conference opponents mixed in with their South competition. K-State has Auburn...I'll give 'em that.

A lot of fans think they're team has a shot. I'm sure there are diehard Texas fans that think they will win it all. I'm sure there are USC fans that think they'll win it all. I'm sure OU has a lot of optimism. I'm sure Florida thinks they'll win it all. I'm sure even Alabama fans have huge expectations down there for the upcoming year.

It's not that other teams fans don't have just as much optimism as NU fans. It's a matter of they have something else after football season is over to concentrate on whether it be pro teams or other college teams in different sports. Nebraska is different because we put all of our eggs in one basket. We have nothing else. If the football team fails, it's as if the entire state fails. This is why Nebraska travels so well because the fans have nothing else. Even in 04 if we'd have made a bowl game as bad as we were, NU fans would have well outnumbered any team we played just because there are no other teams to share loyalties with.

It's not just a feeling anymore. Fans who actually pay attention to the work this staff has put in, can see the personnell is there to do some great things. The stories coming from practice all point to a sense of teamwork, player leadership, & levels of confidence unseen since the '94 & '95 years. When the books are closed on 2007, some of us are going to be saying, "I told you so" while the slower ones will be proclaiming how BC finally "gets" the "Nebraska Way" (whatever the hell that is).

Last year, I was way optimistic, especially after the Alamo Bowl and Zac returning, along with most of the defense.

But in hindsight, the La Tech game should've tempered that a bit when only the TE's, albeit 4 of them, caught TD passes. That means our WRs needed work. We also got in the RZ twice I think without scoring.

We've got potential, no doubt. I'll take a hard look at the Nevada and WF games, and see how do vs USC. If we're 3-0 by then, it IS ON!