Local Bloviation

The competitive option-offense lived and died with Osborne. There is no team that will use it exclusively and win championships. At least old-time Nebraska fans can relish with that.

Time to move on. We are a Corn Coast spread offense with lots of shifting, lots of receivers, and this year we're gonna kick ass and take names. Any questions?

Ahhhh I have one. Ahhhh no I don't :lol:

GBR!!! :thumbs

But somewhere in the midst of the Cyclone preview, the commentator had some pretty negative things to say about Nebraska, Bill Callahan, and the future of our team.

Give the babies their bottles. This is the time of the year when Cyclones can talk tough. Once they get into their B12 schedule we won’t hear a peep out of them.

I’ll be shocked if the Clowns win more than two games against B12 foes this year.

But somewhere in the midst of the Cyclone preview, the commentator had some pretty negative things to say about Nebraska, Bill Callahan, and the future of our team.

Give the babies their bottles. This is the time of the year when Cyclones can talk tough. Once they get into their B12 schedule we won’t hear a peep out of them.

I’ll be shocked if the Clowns win more than two games against B12 foes this year.

:yeah The Cryclones have never been anything but talk. The have to get their talking out of the way during preseason before they start losing. They have delusions of granduer and seem to dwell on the few times the have beat Nebraska and disregard the MANY decades (past and current) when we have blown them out. Just keep talking my red and urine colored friends.

:yeah The Cryclones have never been anything but talk. The have to get their talking out of the way during preseason before they start losing. They have delusions of granduer and seem to dwell on the few times the have beat Nebraska and disregard the MANY decades (past and current) when we have blown them out. Just keep talking my red and urine colored friends.

Precisely. The Cyclowns talk a HUGE game, which is funny for somebody who couldn't find the Big XII Championship with tickets and a map. I think what's at the bottom of the whole segment is simple. They've both said it directly in the past. They hate Nebraska. Even if they won't admit it to themselves (what bloody Hawk would admit it?), but I think what really irks them is that even though Nebraska––the giant of all football teams––finally went down for a few years, and now we're coming back. On our horizon is nothing but great things, championships, big bowls and big players. We've got a roster of NFL-caliber quarterbacks so deep we couldn't get to the bottom of it with a shovel. And top prospects from all over are coming here because they know what we know, and what the Cyclowns can't admit either, and that is this: Nebraska is back baby.

Here's to Sept. 1st

And USC must be razed to the ground. :nutz

Any questions?

Yes.

1) Who will play running back?

2) Can Lucky handle the load, or is he a china doll?

3) How good will the D-backs (who burnt up the field last year) be?

4) Do we have a true pass rushing threat?

5) After losing the entire D-Line, will the new starters be able to play as good as last year's average line?

6) Will we be able to kick a 40 yard FG?

7) Will we be able to finish in the top 100 nationally in KO/punt returns?

8) Is Keller a Hypesman candidate, or a guy who throws 5 picks against good teams?

9) Can this coaching staff set up a game plan for an ENTIRE game?

10) Can this staff produce a win against a top 25 team, with or without the use of trick plays?

11) Is there a TE in the house?

12) Can Keller actually pick up this offense?

13) Can we actually beat Mizzou or freaking Kansas on the road?

14) Is the O-line really "better and deeper" without any all-conference players on it?

15) Will Bowman be able to contribute?

16) Is there a Terell Farley or DeMorrio Williams type difference-maker at LB, or just a bunch of solid guys?

Is there anything else you want me to ask?

1. Who will play running back?

Lucky, Glenn, Culbert, Castille, Helu, Mendoza, maybe Amukamara

2. Can Lucky handle the load, or is he a china doll?

Yes.

3. How good will the D-backs (who burnt up the field last year. be?

Better than last year. Not all conference, but not worst in conference.

4. Do we have a true pass rushing threat?

I think Turner will emerge, also running different looks on defense will bring pressure from different places.

5. After losing the entire D-Line, will the new starters be able to play as good as last year's average line?

See above.

6. Will we be able to kick a 40 yard FG?

Yes

7. Will we be able to finish in the top 100 nationally in KO/punt returns?

It won't take much improvement to reach that mark.

8. Is Keller a Hypesman candidate, or a guy who throws 5 picks against good teams?

Keller put up almost 5 bills on LSU which was a top 5 team and defense, so I would safely say legit QB.

9. Can this coaching staff set up a game plan for an ENTIRE game?

Yes

10. Can this staff produce a win against a top 25 team, with or without the use of trick plays?

Yes, already had 2 of them in 2005.

11. Is there a TE in the house?

Good question

12. Can Keller actually pick up this offense?

Yes

13. Can we actually beat Mizzou or freaking Kansas on the road?

I think Kansas will be the tougher of the 2 this year, but yes I think they can.

14. Is the O-line really "better and deeper" without any all-conference players on it?

Slauson is an all Big 12 pick, 11 guys have plenty of game experience. Safe to say, yes here.

15. Will Bowman be able to contribute?

Good question. I'd like to think so.

16. Is there a Terell Farley or DeMorrio Williams type difference-maker at LB, or just a bunch of solid guys?

I think Octavien could provide that type of spark. Perhaps one of the freshmen will step up.

Juco's by the "bushel"?!? While it's a remedial play on words at best, I'd hardly call them a "bushel".

He should probably stick with his cyclone buddies and talk how they are going to win this and win that. Every year you'd think they'd made it to a BCS bowl the previous year.

1. Who will play running back?

Lucky, Glenn, Culbert, Castille, Helu, Mendoza, maybe Amukamara

2. Can Lucky handle the load, or is he a china doll?

Yes.

3. How good will the D-backs (who burnt up the field last year. be?

Better than last year. Not all conference, but not worst in conference.

4. Do we have a true pass rushing threat?

I think Turner will emerge, also running different looks on defense will bring pressure from different places.

5. After losing the entire D-Line, will the new starters be able to play as good as last year's average line?

See above.

6. Will we be able to kick a 40 yard FG?

Yes

7. Will we be able to finish in the top 100 nationally in KO/punt returns?

It won't take much improvement to reach that mark.

8. Is Keller a Hypesman candidate, or a guy who throws 5 picks against good teams?

Keller put up almost 5 bills on LSU which was a top 5 team and defense, so I would safely say legit QB.

9. Can this coaching staff set up a game plan for an ENTIRE game?

Yes

10. Can this staff produce a win against a top 25 team, with or without the use of trick plays?

Yes, already had 2 of them in 2005.

11. Is there a TE in the house?

Good question

12. Can Keller actually pick up this offense?

Yes

13. Can we actually beat Mizzou or freaking Kansas on the road?

I think Kansas will be the tougher of the 2 this year, but yes I think they can.

14. Is the O-line really "better and deeper" without any all-conference players on it?

Slauson is an all Big 12 pick, 11 guys have plenty of game experience. Safe to say, yes here.

15. Will Bowman be able to contribute?

Good question. I'd like to think so.

16. Is there a Terell Farley or DeMorrio Williams type difference-maker at LB, or just a bunch of solid guys?

I think Octavien could provide that type of spark. Perhaps one of the freshmen will step up.

Your rebuttals are excellent, but I think that they are more speculation. We will wait and see. ;)

But I ask, which 2 top 25 teams from 2005 are you talking about. When I look at the final poll top 25, I don't see any.

But I ask, which 2 top 25 teams from 2005 are you talking about. When I look at the final poll top 25, I don't see any.

ISU was rated 23rd when Nebraska beat them. Michigan was rated as well when Nebraska knocked them off in the Alamo Bowl. Both teams finished the season unrated.

Any questions?

Yes.

1) Who will play running back?

2) Can Lucky handle the load, or is he a china doll?

3) How good will the D-backs (who burnt up the field last year) be?

4) Do we have a true pass rushing threat?

5) After losing the entire D-Line, will the new starters be able to play as good as last year's average line?

6) Will we be able to kick a 40 yard FG?

7) Will we be able to finish in the top 100 nationally in KO/punt returns?

8) Is Keller a Hypesman candidate, or a guy who throws 5 picks against good teams?

9) Can this coaching staff set up a game plan for an ENTIRE game?

10) Can this staff produce a win against a top 25 team, with or without the use of trick plays?

11) Is there a TE in the house?

12) Can Keller actually pick up this offense?

13) Can we actually beat Mizzou or freaking Kansas on the road?

14) Is the O-line really "better and deeper" without any all-conference players on it?

15) Will Bowman be able to contribute?

16) Is there a Terell Farley or DeMorrio Williams type difference-maker at LB, or just a bunch of solid guys?

Is there anything else you want me to ask?

1-16) No, Yes, Anyone but you and your rediculous attitude. Oh, I missed something. What was your response? Who cares. I'm sure your positive charisma would shoot it down anyways. Go root on Notre Dame. Enjoy the field hockey season, go play Lacrosse with Duke, and move back to the east coast. You want ammo? Here it is. Nebraska will lose a game this year. Stop salivating long enough to prepare your victory speech. And tell Mark May to stop rolling around and go back to sleep.

Any questions?

AAAAHHHH f#*k it.

Dear Huskerboard,

Regarding OPB's quote above, is there any statistical evidence to back up his claim that our D-line last year was "average"? I thought they were pretty good at shutting down the run. They didn't get many sacks, but it's tough to get pressure on a QB in a pass situation when your linebackers are forced to hold hands with the corners. Our two defensive ends went to the NFL for f#*k's sake!

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious