This is ridiculous- We NEED to beat SC

On paper they are the logical choice. Sc has shown that they play well on the road against good teams Just ask Arkansas last year. They have also shown that they can get in a funk and lose to a team they should beat handily (twice last year).

Playing in Memorial stadium gives us a better chance. We will need to attack them not sit back and hope for a close game. I think BC really lets his guys play this year and we will see a different type of game, not necessarly a different outcome but we do have a chance at a win.

I do not think we win a shoot out, I think if the Blsackshirts are very stingy and we create a few breaks we have a good chance. SC will not give this game away, we have to take it from them, and that is a very tough thing to do.

GBR

I still don't see them coming in and winning this game. Home field will be huge for us. I don't know what their allotment for tickets is, but they won't see a more lopsided crowd against them all year.

Some of their top play makers from last year are gone, granted they just reload like we used too. We didn't put up much of a fight last year offensively, but if not for that fumble deep in their end of the field it still would have been close going into the 4th Q. We weren't going to win that game pounding the ball inside and trying to run to the outside. Our line didn't give Zac much time to pass once they knew we had to throw it. This time will be different, we have a tested line that has the game time under their belts and can hold their blocks. Coach C. will be able to run his whole offensive scheme if need be.

USC didn't start finishing us off last year "till" the 4th Q. The Huskers fought till the end in that one and I think the returning players remember a few plays, that may have done them in and not being able to cover their tall receivers. We have the db's and safeties to stay with them this year, without Bowman, and their running game didn't do much till the 4th Q last year.

I think this game will be decided in the 4th Q. IMHO

GBR!!! :bonez

On paper they are the logical choice. Sc has shown that they play well on the road against good teams Just ask Arkansas last year. They have also shown that they can get in a funk and lose to a team they should beat handily (twice last year).

Playing in Memorial stadium gives us a better chance. We will need to attack them not sit back and hope for a close game. I think BC really lets his guys play this year and we will see a different type of game, not necessarily a different outcome but we do have a chance at a win.

I do not think we win a shoot out, I think if the Blsackshirts are very stingy and we create a few breaks we have a good chance. SC will not give this game away, we have to take it from them, and that is a very tough thing to do.

GBR

I've never bought into the claim that BC didn't "play to win" or as you suggest, did not "really let his guys play." I think his plan kept the game close enough that we had a chance to win and just could not get it done. I think BC did what he thought gave us the best chance of winning and he came up with a reasonable plan. I don't know what BC will do this year, but I do agree that a shoot out with SC is probably not a good plan. It only plays to their talent. I'd rather have a well-reasoned plan and fall just short than go for fireworks and get killed. Whatever, I think we do have a chance. No team is invincible, especially in college. That's part of the fun of college football -- kids mess up and add another level of uncertainty making it more interesting (and frustrating when it's us). It should be fun, especially if we win. More than anything though, I want the Huskers to play well and at least make SC glad to get out alive, win or lose.

Was Nebraska that good in the 90's. If you think we were, then you have to give credit to a team that is very close in the number of wins, they have produced in the same time frame.

Not to mention two Hypsmans and a boat load of NFL talent.

We are playing the current college dynasty.

We have a shot of winnning this game, but on paper we have no chance. Talent to talent, IMVHO we have no one on our team that starts for SC or is in the second rotation. Their coaching has proven to be very very good, but have allowed let downs. We have to hope that is the case for this game.

If BC was not here with the talent he has brought, this would have been a mass slaughter. We are closing the gap on the college elite. This game will show how close we are or if we have the coaching to overcome the talent shortfall. I think we do, but I just do not demand it or expect it. I hope for it. Three years from now I will be on the demand side. I still think it takes BC 6 years to get it all done. We are half way there.

Was Nebraska that good in the 90's. If you think we were, then you have to give credit to a team that is very close in the number of wins, they have produced in the same time frame.

Not to mention two Hypsmans and a boat load of NFL talent.

We are playing the current college dynasty.

We have a shot of winnning this game, but on paper we have no chance. Talent to talent, IMVHO we have no one on our team that starts for SC or is in the second rotation. Their coaching has proven to be very very good, but have allowed let downs. We have to hope that is the case for this game.

If BC was not here with the talent he has brought, this would have been a mass slaughter. We are closing the gap on the college elite. This game will show how close we are or if we have the coaching to overcome the talent shortfall. I think we do, but I just do not demand it or expect it. I hope for it. Three years from now I will be on the demand side. I still think it takes BC 6 years to get it all done. We are half way there.

absolutely! 3 years from now, there will be no good excuses for not fighting for a top BCS game, period!

I still don't see them coming in and winning this game. Home field will be huge for us. I don't know what their allotment for tickets is, but they won't see a more lopsided crowd against them all year.

Some of their top play makers from last year are gone, granted they just reload like we used too. We didn't put up much of a fight last year offensively, but if not for that fumble deep in their end of the field it still would have been close going into the 4th Q. We weren't going to win that game pounding the ball inside and trying to run to the outside. Our line didn't give Zac much time to pass once they knew we had to throw it. This time will be different, we have a tested line that has the game time under their belts and can hold their blocks. Coach C. will be able to run his whole offensive scheme if need be.

USC didn't start finishing us off last year "till" the 4th Q. The Huskers fought till the end in that one and I think the returning players remember a few plays, that may have done them in and not being able to cover their tall receivers. We have the db's and safeties to stay with them this year, without Bowman, and their running game didn't do much till the 4th Q last year.

I think this game will be decided in the 4th Q. IMHO

GBR!!! :bonez

even if the blue hairs short circuit most of their pace makers, yelling at the top of their lungs, we just won't have the horses to win this game. play tough, keep it close, would be a bonus for us. in reality, they would simply have to totally self destruct for us to win.

If I remember right, USC two loses were on the road last year. So lets see how they do in the sea of red.

You stole my comment before I had a chance to say it. Yes, USC is good. But they did lose two times and they were both road games. And, to add a comment from a personal perspective, those road losses were not exactly in the most hostile environments. Oregon State has good fans, but it's a small-ish stadium, and for the trip to the Rose Bowl to play the Baby Bruins, they only had to roll out of their bunks and jump on the team bus for a half hour trip up the freeway to Pasadena. There were plenty of USC fans there, and the Bruin fans are usually so high on mushrooms that they don't know what's going on anyway.

Also, don't forget, even with those losses, they had PAC-10 officials. You know, the guys who didn't realize that the trouble Carriker was having with his jersey falling off his pads every play was because there was a Trojan hog-tying him to the ground on each snap. Even with Moore and Carriker gone, Booty might not get that extra split second to wait for a pattern to develop like he got in LA last year.

(I know, I know, we can't always complain about the officiating. But if you don't think the PAC-10 officials are bad, ask a Sooner. Remember, because of the Oregon/Oklahoma game last year the PAC-10 issued an unprecedented formal apology to OU and suspended a team of officials ultimately firing one of them. If you think that the team of officials at the Oregon/Oklahoma game was the only team of bad PAC-10 officials then you weren't watching the Nebraska/USC game last year).

I keep having this dream where USC has the problem that we did when Nebraska came to Arizona State in 1996, and Nebraska couldn't get anything going.

I had a similar dream before the 1995 Orange Bowl and had a dream where Nebraska came back from behind and intercepted to seal the deal.

My Dream about USC is Nebraska kicking butt on Defense, and sustaining drives and eating away clock on Offense, and Total Domination in the 4th Quarter.

The reason Nebraska dominated was USC and Nebraska were undefeated and ESPN College Game Day was in Lincoln and had the National Championship Trophy on the stage and Herbstreet says, "This is they only way Nebraska is going to get a look at the National Championship Trophy this year", and the Cornhuskers took offense and Nebraska let it all fly in the game.

I wish I could remember the score. It wasn't a shut out but it was Something like USC 9 Nebraska 28.

Of course it was all a dream, but from what I have read, Nebraska is taking all the press and soaking it up and are ready to explode out on the field.

The defense is GREAT! But all I hear is the speed and all that crap... we play in the Big XII the speed isn't that much different!

We don't have the elite speed that USC has, because we haven't recruited it. I watched some of the games from the 95 season recently, and there is only 1 guy on this year's defense that would break the 2 deep of that team and that would be a healthy Bowman (only because we had 3 good, healthy CB's that year).

Suh, Dillard, and Turner would have been 3rd teamers, and there is no where near the speed on this defense that we had then.

The defense is GREAT! But all I hear is the speed and all that crap... we play in the Big XII the speed isn't that much different!

We don't have the elite speed that USC has, because we haven't recruited it. I watched some of the games from the 95 season recently, and there is only 1 guy on this year's defense that would break the 2 deep of that team and that would be a healthy Bowman (only because we had 3 good, healthy CB's that year).

Suh, Dillard, and Turner would have been 3rd teamers, and there is no where near the speed on this defense that we had then.

exactly, their speed advantage will be obvious.