Culbert

Since Major Culbert is #4 on the depth chart and the new guys are making an impression, does it make sense to leave him at running back. When/ if Glenn comes back he is even lower.

I know the kid has been moved around too much but wasn't he a 4 star recruit? Don't we need him on the field somewhere?

I was somewhat surprised to see him listed as #4. I was assuming since he was moved there before the incoming freshmen that he more than likely had the blocking assignments down a lot better than the freshmen. I guess my question is this: are the freshmen that much more impressive of runners, or does he still not have the blocking assignments down?

I would assume the freshmen don't have the blocking assignments down. If they do already then they must be a lot more advanced than Jackson, Glenn, and Lucky were when they came in. It will be an interesting season if Lucky goes down.

good thoughts. i was thinking the same thing. i would hate for him to get frustrated at seeing the field as a true freshman, then being in a backlog at a postition he was switched to at end of a season....he needs to be on the field somewhere.

as we saw last year you can never have enough running backs, because injuries can happen and you can be down to 1 health running back at the blink of an eye.

keep him where he is until the freshmen get seasoned and ready to play consistantly then if he still wants to play defense let him next year