"I wont say USC will put 70 on them, but I will say remember that Texas Tech game a few years ago..."

This all stems from his hatred of Trev, those two did not mesh, espn kept the wrong one. Last I heard Trev was living down my way in Clemson.

Or living in a van down by the river.

Speaking of Tech, I can't wait to play them again next year. It's definitely time to return the favor.

10/11/08...mark it on your calendars. :bonez

You do realize that he says these things just to get a rise out of Husker fans, probably because it's super easy. Kind of like his job. Don't really have to know a whole lot. Just watch a lot of football.

He could be replaced by pretty much anyone in the country. No skill. All mouth.

You are so correct DaveH. You know he say's all that crap just to piss us off. Heck, he probably comes on this site and reads all the sh_t that we say about him. May if you are reading this I just want you to know that you are a sorry piece of goat sh_t that is hung like a field mouse, who use to get owned be Trev Alberts.

Was watching him also. He backed peddled a little and said " I just said remember the Texas T game and laughed. Then he said USC will put 45 on us. The guy is a jerk. They only put up 28 on us in their place, with all the stars they had then. This will be a totally different game.

GBR!!!

:bonez

You do realize that he says these things just to get a rise out of Husker fans, probably because it's super easy. Kind of like his job. Don't really have to know a whole lot. Just watch a lot of football.

He could be replaced by pretty much anyone in the country. No skill. All mouth.

edit: Like DJR says. All you have to know is that he picked FSU to win the BCS last year. FSU.

And he doesn't even do that well! I was watching earlier (for some reason) and he said that we have USC in the 2nd week, do your simple f&*king research, hell just look at a schedule and you'll realize it's week three.

Then he'll probably look pretty stupid after the game if that is what he is predicting. But then again, he always looks stupid. I am sure he generates ratings simply for the fact that people hate him. I don't think Husker fans are alone on this guy either.

i told you guys a few weeks ago he makes his predictions on emotion, not fact...here's a fact--for some reason he has a bone to pick with the Cornhuskers and their fans. here's some emotion--forgive him Lord for he knows not what he does. And forgive us of the carnage we reap when we crush, son, crush. :bonez

And he doesn't even do that well! I was watching earlier (for some reason) and he said that we have USC in the 2nd week, do your simple f&*king research, hell just look at a schedule and you'll realize it's week three.

Actually, I think USC has us on week 2 . . . this may have been what he was referring to.

Not that I'm trying to defend him or anything. :bonez

Actually, I think USC has us on their week 2, at least they play us second. They've got a bye before us like last year . . . this may have been what he was referring to. Not week TWO per se, but GAME two all the same.

Not that I'm trying to defend him or anything. :bonez

Whoa, I went to edit my previous post and ended up quoting it instead. My bad. :hmmph

i told you guys a few weeks ago he makes his predictions on emotion, not fact...here's a fact--for some reason he has a bone to pick with the Cornhuskers and their fans. here's some emotion--forgive him Lord for he knows not what he does. And forgive us of the carnage we reap when we crush, son, crush. :bonez

Maybe it started here: http://firemarkmay.blogspot.com/2006/10/i-...orite-team.html

Outland Trophy winners:

1983 - Dean Steinkuhler, G Nebraska

1982 - David Rimington, C Nebraska

1981 - David Rimington, C Nebraska

1980 - Mark May, T Pittsburgh

But others also let him "get" to them. Gator Fans are convinced he's out to get them..And W.Va...

West Virginia fans mail pennies to Mark May

What comes around, goes around, I guess.

ESPN commentator Mark May said, during the West Virginia football game against Virginia Tech, that Mountaineer fans were throwing pennies at the opposing players "because they couldn't afford nickels."

The next day, Martinsburg, W.Va., attorney Mike Burke mailed 50,000 pennies to May at ESPN. Burke sent along a note saying it was all the pennies that had been thrown at players from Pitt, where May played offensive tackle.

"We threw quarters at all the other visiting teams," Burke wrote. "But Pitt's players were known to be so well-paid that only pennies were necessary for them."

90096_1.jpg

Mark May did not allow a sack in his junior and senior seasons (1979-80), anchoring a Pittsburgh squad that that posted a combined 22-2 record. A unanimous All-America selection and Outland Trophy recipient in 1980, May captained a team that went 11-1 and finished second in the final AP rankings. The 1980 squad featured College Football Hall of Fame teammates Dan Marino, Jimbo Covert and Hugh Green. After college, May was selected by the Washington Redskins in the first round of the 1981 NFL Draft. May played 12 years in the NFL and started in three Super Bowls, winning Super Bowl XVII and XXII. He is currently a studio analyst for ESPN.