ESPN's Fowler: 25 Reasons To Shout For '07

cmb23

Fowler speaks of 25 things he is looking forward to this season:

Fowler's Countdown

#16 mentions the "Rematch of a dud" referring to last years less-than exciting matchup of Nebraska and USC. The main thing I took out of this:

----------

"USC's slow, steady beatdown of Nebraska last year was no fun to watch. Cornhuskers coach Bill Callahan seemed happy to stay conservative as the deficit grew, as though just avoiding an embarrassing score was a desirable goal. Nebraska looked light years from the level of the Trojans, who have most of their defense back.

So, why is their Sept. 15 encounter (ABC, 8 p.m. ET) on my radar? Well, if the Huskers can survive a September trip to Wake Forest -- a tough test, no doubt, because Wake is not going to rapidly retreat to mediocrity -- it would at least set up a "big game" in Lincoln for the first time in awhile. That would reawaken some strong memories and allow a trip to Misty's on Friday night. Relax, Misty's may sound like a naughty place, but it is a classic, clean-scrubbed steak house that has been packing them in (at two locations) for decades.

Besides the Friday feed, it could be fun to see Nebraska QB Sam Keller take on Troy again. Before everything went south for him at ASU, I watched Keller carve up USC in the first half and jump on the bench to wave at the ASU student section. By the end of a big SC rally, Keller had calmed down. At his new school, he will be in the Trojans' sights again. And I hope Nebraska will attempt to do more than just avoid national TV humiliation."

----------

To me...that sounds like if NU and USC are undefeated going into the game....GameDay will be in town (Which many have been questioning for months!!!)

"it would at least set up a "big game" in Lincoln for the first time in awhile. That would reawaken some strong memories and allow a trip to Misty's on Friday night. "

I am confused, there hasn't been a big game in Lincoln for awhile?...What constitutes a big game then? Oklahoma or Texas coming to town is not a big game i guess.

"it would at least set up a "big game" in Lincoln for the first time in awhile. That would reawaken some strong memories and allow a trip to Misty's on Friday night. "

I am confused, there hasn't been a big game in Lincoln for awhile?...What constitutes a big game then? Oklahoma or Texas coming to town is not a big game i guess.

That was a big game for us, but in the national eye it wasn't that big. Having a #1 team come to town is "national big".

Anyone else think Chris Fowler's a douchebag? He's just as bad as Herbstreit & May in my opinion.

What's wrong with what Fowler said? There wasn't one thing that isn't true in his statement.

Fowler is college football. He has set a standard as the top college football reporter for years now. He is very level headed and always seems to say the right things on air. After all these years he still has interesting things to say, never boring the audience.....it's time for Nebraska to put up or shut up.

What he's saying is that it will be a big time game for college football in general. You have USC at #1 and you have undefeated NU at # somewhere in the top 25. It will be a big time game for the national public to watch on national TV unlike when OU and Texas came in to give us our annual ass whoopun.

Anyone else think Chris Fowler's a douchebag? He's just as bad as Herbstreit & May in my opinion.

Actually, I like Fowler. I'm pretty sure he even went to CU. But through the years he has really shown NU a lot of love which says a lot. I'm not too caught up in his picks. They're his and that's okay.

BTW - he does the sickest Beano Cook impersonation ever - damn it's funny!

Subtracting May...not really. What's incorrect about his take?

ball control football = trying to avoid humiliation?

oh ...........ok. he's the tyoe of reporter that talks about sports and knows nothing about it. he was probably with the majority that thought florida was going to kill us in 95.