Question for all on Bill Callahan

Are you serious? Of course he would leave even with a no buyout clause. He would just get more in his NFL contract since they would be buying him out. Second, if I had 1 penny for everytime someone said they weren't leaving I would have more money than the per capita income of Lincoln. His words about staying mean nothing and like I hope...he is fired anyway. For examples see Bobby Petrino, Nick Sabin, and Billy Donovan if we just go back 6 months.

There is no reason to think a contract means anything other than to assist in recruiting. Having "no intention of leaving" and "liking where he is at" means NOTHING because he didn't say...I will NOT leave regardless of the situation. I love it here and plan on staying here even when I am done coaching. say that and maybe I will believe him.

Thankfully, Huskerboard is free...because I wouldn't spend your 1 penny to listen to anything you had to say.

Foppa, or Johnny Chase is it, what is wrong with my post besides you disagreeing with wanting him fired?

I don't think he will leave on his own anytime soon but the contract doesn't guarantee anything neither does him saying he is happy hear. Do you disagree?

What are you saying? Callahan is happy to hear something? Is he deaf? Thanks for the name-calling, btw.

It wasn't name calling. I am sure there are a ton of $30k millionaires who wish they had that pic.

I mistyped, Callahan saying he is happy here doesn't mean he wouldn't leave. The Average age of an NFL coach is 52 and he might want to go redeem himself someday. I think he will coach elsewhere someday. Do you disagree? I am not trying to hurt your feelings I am just telling my opinion. You never seem to actually respond to my questions or opinions. I am glad you wouldn't pay 1 cent for my opinion. That is a great comeback to my statement though.

It wasn't name calling. I am sure there are a ton of $30k millionaires who wish they had that pic.

I mistyped, Callahan saying he is happy here doesn't mean he wouldn't leave. The Average age of an NFL coach is 52 and he might want to go redeem himself someday. I think he will coach elsewhere someday. Do you disagree? I am not trying to hurt your feelings I am just telling my opinion. You never seem to actually respond to my questions or opinions. I am glad you wouldn't pay 1 cent for my opinion. That is a great comeback to my statement though.

Sorry, I didn't understand your Lou Holtz-like stuttering...tell me what you want me to answer, and I'll answer it. And last I checked, I'm not Johnny Chase, or whoever who want to refer to me as.

"I told them [recruits and their parents] I was going to be here. Now, the proof is in the pudding that I want to be at Nebraska. This is where I want to finish my career. I said that the first day I came here and I’m reiterating it here.”

-Bill Callahan

Link

Issue solved?

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez

Sorry, I didn't understand your Lou Holtz-like stuttering...

:box Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! :box:lol:

The only way he doesn't is if he gets fired. I don't see him ever going back to the pros as he views pro players as spoiled divas who only play for the money. He loves teaching and loves the fact that most college kids truly love football for the game and not the glory. Plus theres not really a job thats "Better" than NU, theres easier recruiting grounds but not any with more fan support or willingness to do what is needed financially to compete with the best. I'd go 80-20 he's here for good.

I never name called, there is no personal attack in calling him Johnny Chase. I just lost the relevence on why that pic is on an NU message board.

Lou Holtz like stuttering is insulting to myself and to him. That is totally unnecesary.

I think every coach says the right thing when they are supposed to. I think he will coach again elsewhere even if it is in 10 years. That is my opinion and there are only 3 coaches I can think of who that isn't the case right now....Lloyd Carr, Bobby Bowden and JoePa.

Do you think Callahan likes the job just because it's a job, or do you think he actually enjoys Nebraska, the tradition, fan support, all of that? I can't tell if he's bought into it and because of that, I'm afraid he'll bolt for greener pastures at some point.

I don't want NU to become like so many other schools with a revolving door at the coach's office.

If he didn't want to be here he wouldn't be. He could very easily be an OC in the NFL, in fact Jon Gruden offerred it to him when he left Oakland. If he was dying to get back to the NFL, like so many believe, he would spend a couple years as an OC then probably get offerred a HC gig, as they open up quite frequently in the NFL these days. He enjoys college, I think his time in Oakland kind of soured him on the NFL (not surprising with Al "Crypt Keeper" Davis) He will be here for a long, long time.....much to the dismay of some, but to the delight of many more.

He just signed a three year extension correct.

Did he demand a higher salary comparative to others in the Big 12. I would guess he is around the 5th place salary in the Big 12 now. He could have easly said he wanted as much as Mangino or Leach. He may not have gotten it, but he could have gotten far more than he did. He is at premier program and does not make much more than some of the ACC or Big East mid pack finishers.

He is loyal and dedicated to this program and state. Money normally tells the story. He did not demand nor did he mention his contract in the media. He is upfront and I believe him when he says this is home for as long as we will have him. So far for me he can stay as long as he wants.

If he didn't want to be here he wouldn't be. He could very easily be an OC in the NFL, in fact Jon Gruden offerred it to him when he left Oakland. If he was dying to get back to the NFL, like so many believe, he would spend a couple years as an OC then probably get offerred a HC gig, as they open up quite frequently in the NFL these days. He enjoys college, I think his time in Oakland kind of soured him on the NFL (not surprising with Al "Crypt Keeper" Davis) He will be here for a long, long time.....much to the dismay of some, but to the delight of many more.

Great post!!!