Outcoached....

Alex 4.0

I am just curious who else has that feeling that we were outmatched on the sidelines...

Our team looked so helpless against the WR sweep it was sickening. We used run plays that obviously didn't work time and time again. The 4th down call was a pathetic attempt.....I am starting to get the feeling this offense is too cute... we need to focus on using playmakers and not focus on trying to "confuse" the defense when in reality we are giving away our play call.

I understand that this was the ACC champs and they had a solid D. I am just curious who else kind of felt like we were mentally defeated.

I am just curious who else has that feeling that we were outmatched on the sidelines...

Our team looked so helpless against the WR sweep it was sickening. We used run plays that obviously didn't work time and time again. The 4th down call was a pathetic attempt.....I am starting to get the feeling this offense is too cute... we need to focus on using playmakers and not focus on trying to "confuse" the defense when in reality we are giving away our play call.

I understand that this was the ACC champs and they had a solid D. I am just curious who else kind of felt like we were mentally defeated.

I don't think going for it on 4th was a bad idea, but the play call wasn't good...Wake was looking for it and buried NU...definitely needed a run/pass option on that play.

I wasn't surprised by the sweeps and misdirection, after all...Wake had their backup QB in, and he did make some bad decisions through the air. The Deacons had some difficulty running at NU's line, so Grobe, being a good coach he is, tried to spread out the Husker defense on the ground instead of through the air. It almost worked.

Every time Coz walks onto the sideline we get out-coached. But then, it isn't exactly a fair match is it? Div 1 offensive coordinators against Coz? Every O-coordinator on our schedule is chomping at the bit to get a shot at us.

Every time Coz walks onto the sideline we get out-coached. But then, it isn't exactly a fair match is it? Div 1 offensive coordinators against Coz? Every O-coordinator on our schedule is chomping at the bit to get a shot at us.

Did we get out coached last week against Nevada when our defense gave up 3 points????

Sure there were some defensive let downs, but I think you are going a bit overboard here. :hmmph

I don't think going for it on 4th was a bad idea, but the play call wasn't good...Wake was looking for it and buried NU...definitely needed a run/pass option on that play.

I wasn't surprised by the sweeps and misdirection, after all...Wake had their backup QB in, and he did make some bad decisions through the air. The Deacons had some difficulty running at NU's line, so Grobe, being a good coach he is, tried to spread out the Husker defense on the ground instead of through the air. It almost worked.

yes, the 4th down call was not a good one, with Keller back there we should have seen some type of run/pass option play. that was a disappointing call by cally, for me.

How the heck do you get outcoached and win?

You are playing the defending ACC Champs, on the road, and come away with a victory. This isn't Northwest Oklahoma State who we only beat by 3 points.

The bottom line -- Wake lined up, smacked us in the mouth, and it still wasn't enough. When your team controls both lines like they did yesterday, you SHOULD win, but they didn't.

How the heck do you get outcoached and win?

You are playing the defending ACC Champs, on the road, and come away with a victory. This isn't Northwest Oklahoma State who we only beat by 3 points.

The bottom line -- Wake lined up, smacked us in the mouth, and it still wasn't enough. When your team controls both lines like they did yesterday, you SHOULD win, but they didn't.

GOOD POINT!! NICE POST!!

I think in order to say someone got out coached, you'd have to know what it takes to coach a D1 college football game.

All D1 coaches raise their hands.

Even if there were some on the board, they'd be hesitant to speak up. Seems that coaches aren't as quick to criticize other coaches as fans are. Funny, huh.

The worst coach in the nation could take the helm at USC and win most of their games.

I am guilty that I was absolutely pissed off after the game and drunk when I made the post. But I WAS NOT drunk when I watched that game. I just watched our team get beat on certain plays over and over, even when I, a measly spectator, could see them coming. "well its a matter of execution" OK so tell them to execute it differently because the last 4 times the execution failed.

I have cooled off now with the realization that even when we play some of our worst ball, we can still win against the defending ACC champs.

Reality bites, we still have a ways to go. Thats why I was upset.