So. Cal Radio on USC vs. NU

chamrocck

Face it we were probably just as arrogant in the 90's as they are today.

To bad Tom promissed his wife to retire otherwise we probably have 1 more NC and Tom would passing Joe Pa and Bobby Bowden in most victories.

What funny is that the best coach in the stadium probably will be watching it from a skybox.

Difference, we were arrogant for the right reasons. Withing 27 years of 1994 we had 2 Nat'l titles and let one slip through our fingers and never had a losing season. The only reason USC is invincible is because people think they are. Bring 'em on. :bonez

While I would agree they think they are king sh#t.

However, I won't be surprised if NU loses by 2 TD's if they lay an egg.

Brother Dave, although you are one of the most knowledgeable, level headed people on this board, I just have to say............... huh?

Clarification please... Because if you say that you "wouldnt be suprised NU loses by 2 TD's if they lay an egg", well hell... my 6 year-old neice could have guessed that. ;):thumbs

Would you be more suprised if NU plays up to their capability, USC plays up to theirs and still loses by 2 TD's? And believe it or not that's still only 4 points more than the 10 Vegas Line.

You guys are funny. Bringing up the 80's and 90's really doesn't matter two cents to me.

I only care about the very recent and the future. This season is front and center and I think we sound pathetic trying to compare the last 35 years. It just reminds everyone we have been mediocre for almost a decade. Also, we should be giving USC there props and saying they are the greatest since toilet paper, then if we win we are the greatest thing since, well condoms. And if we don't win then it was because we were playing against God.

What headband thing?

His headband is large/wide and when he takes off his helmet you see it and his hair sort of spikes through the top of it. He had a black one on during the Wake game...I have seen a pic with him wearing a red one as well. No big deal but I think the local sports jocks were trying to rib him that it looks funny.

I listened to more So. Cal radio today...Carroll was interviewed by both Colin Cowherd on his national show as well as on a local show here. Pretty much coachspeak. With Cowherd, he compared coming to Lincoln as to coming to some of the big program non-conference opponents they have played in recent years (Auburn, VA Tech, Arkansas, and going to Notre Dame every other year). Also said this could be his most competitive team with perhaps the deepest defense he has had. Thinks winner of the turnover battle will win the game. The local show tried to bait him by saying, "Hey, Callahan has called this game just another game...what do you think about that!?" Carroll said he understood what Cally meant...that you have to prepare week in and week out and it is too difficult to take your team on highs and lows depending on the opponent...basically that as a coach you prepare consistently and that the players know what is at stake and they will be up for this big game. When the hosts talked about LSU and Oklahoma being impressive and that LSU is taking some first place votes, Carroll dismissed it saying only the last poll matters. He mentioned Joe McKnight (freshman RB phenom) and sounded like he may see the field. Said WR Patrick Turner is ready to go. USC will leave for Lincoln on Thursday afternoon.

Local jock humor time...they said Snoop Dog and Will Farrell are reportedly staying at the Embassy Suites...then the one joked about is that the best hotel they have out there while the other mentioned that it is apparently the hotel to stay at for gameday. I have been to both the Embassy Suites and The Cornhusker and both are great! Lastly they acknowledged that Saturday is Pete Carroll's 56th birthday...let's make sure that is the only thing he celebrates on Saturday!

GBR :bonez

Face it we were probably just as arrogant in the 90's as they are today.

To bad Tom promissed his wife to retire otherwise we probably have 1 more NC and Tom would passing Joe Pa and Bobby Bowden in most victories.

What funny is that the best coach in the stadium probably will be watching it from a skybox.

Difference, we were arrogant for the right reasons. Withing 27 years of 1994 we had 2 Nat'l titles and let one slip through our fingers and never had a losing season. The only reason USC is invincible is because people think they are. Bring 'em on. :bonez

:thumbs

Let me know what kind of response they made- if any. I would love to hear what they had to say after reading that!

In typical SC arrogance the common responses were "what have you done for me lately" and "stop living in the past". I guess I figured I had that coming. The only thing that will shut them up is a husker victory on saturday! GBR

What headband thing?

His headband is large/wide and when he takes off his helmet you see it and his hair sort of spikes through the top of it. He had a black one on during the Wake game...I have seen a pic with him wearing a red one as well. No big deal but I think the local sports jocks were trying to rib him that it looks funny.

I listened to more So. Cal radio today...Carroll was interviewed by both Colin Cowherd on his national show as well as on a local show here. Pretty much coachspeak. With Cowherd, he compared coming to Lincoln as to coming to some of the big program non-conference opponents they have played in recent years (Auburn, VA Tech, Arkansas, and going to Notre Dame every other year). Also said this could be his most competitive team with perhaps the deepest defense he has had. Thinks winner of the turnover battle will win the game. The local show tried to bait him by saying, "Hey, Callahan has called this game just another game...what do you think about that!?" Carroll said he understood what Cally meant...that you have to prepare week in and week out and it is too difficult to take your team on highs and lows depending on the opponent...basically that as a coach you prepare consistently and that the players know what is at stake and they will be up for this big game. When the hosts talked about LSU and Oklahoma being impressive and that LSU is taking some first place votes, Carroll dismissed it saying only the last poll matters. He mentioned Joe McKnight (freshman RB phenom) and sounded like he may see the field. Said WR Patrick Turner is ready to go. USC will leave for Lincoln on Thursday afternoon.

Local jock humor time...they said Snoop Dog and Will Farrell are reportedly staying at the Embassy Suites...then the one joked about is that the best hotel they have out there while the other mentioned that it is apparently the hotel to stay at for gameday. I have been to both the Embassy Suites and The Cornhusker and both are great! Lastly they acknowledged that Saturday is Pete Carroll's 56th birthday...let's make sure that is the only thing he celebrates on Saturday!

GBR :bonez

Does Snoop have permission from his probation officer to leave California?

Looks like the next installment of 'Girls Gone Wild' may have some familiar landmarks. ;)

You guys are funny. Bringing up the 80's and 90's really doesn't matter two cents to me.

I only care about the very recent and the future. This season is front and center and I think we sound pathetic trying to compare the last 35 years. It just reminds everyone we have been mediocre for almost a decade. Also, we should be giving USC there props and saying they are the greatest since toilet paper, then if we win we are the greatest thing since, well condoms. And if we don't win then it was because we were playing against God.

Huh?