Conspiracy Theory (sort of)

huskerstag

I have to admit, in all my excitement after just going up 10-7 I looked on that injury with a lot of suspicion. I was yelling at the TV, which in hindsight was a little cruel. I think it depleted some of our momentum a bit. But at the end of the day it didn't make any difference in the outcome of the game. Who cares. Players overdo injuries all the time to give their teammates a breather.

Once they start holding their shins and rolling around on the grass after every hit, I'll start to complain ;)

I have to admit, in all my excitement after just going up 10-7 I looked on that injury with a lot of suspicion. I was yelling at the TV, which in hindsight was a little cruel. I think it depleted some of our momentum a bit. But at the end of the day it didn't make any difference in the outcome of the game. Who cares. Players overdo injuries all the time to give their teammates a breather.

Once they start holding their shins and rolling around on the grass after every hit, I'll start to complain ;)

:rollin GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!!!!!

IIRC, there was only six minutes left in the first half of the game when this happened. Any adjustments or game-planning Carroll did during the injury would've just been done at halftime if not for the timeout. BTW, what was Callahan doing during the delay? He could've utilized the time as well.

Huge difference in using the time to fire up the offense and claiming the guy laid there on purpose. I heard he was in a hospital in Lincoln for a couple of days. I wish nothing but the best for that young man.

He wasn't in the hospital for a couple of days lol. He got hit in the larynx. He flew back with the team. Minor injury that Carroll used to melt away the momentum.