Like him or not, i don't think we can realistically get a better coach.

I love how people preach patience with Callahan, but yet they are OK with Pedey having none with Solich's rebuilt staff. I also love how people act like some fans' expectations are too high, but they are OK with Solich getting fired for not equating Osborne's success. Hypocrisy at its finest.

You feel Solich was unfairly treated, yet pile the criticism on BC for not being this way. Isn't that hypocrisy as well?

Not sure where you are going with that, but if you mean me criticizing BC for not equating Osborne's success, that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm criticizing BC because he has not even equated Solich's success. Hypocrisy? Perhaps, but in my mind I was promised something better when Solich was fired, therefore the expectations should've been raised.

I love how people preach patience with Callahan, but yet they are OK with Pedey having none with Solich's rebuilt staff. I also love how people act like some fans' expectations are too high, but they are OK with Solich getting fired for not equating Osborne's success. Hypocrisy at its finest.

You feel Solich was unfairly treated, yet pile the criticism on BC for not being this way. Isn't that hypocrisy as well?

Not sure where you are going with that, but if you mean me criticizing BC for not equating Osborne's success, that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm criticizing BC because he has not even equated Solich's success. Hypocrisy? Perhaps, but in my mind I was promised something better when Solich was fired, therefore the expectations should've been raised.

I think I speak for alot of people on this board when I say BUGEATER...........................Edited for content by Rawhide Follow the board rules.

I think I speak for alot of people on this board when I say BUGEATER..........................

I was merely answering a f'ing question that was posed to me. Perhaps you should come up with something to refute what I am saying EDITED FOR CONTENT. Observe the board rules.

I think I speak for alot of people on this board when I say BUGEATER...........................

I was merely answering a f'ing question that was posed to me. Perhaps you should come up with something to refute what I am saying

Come on you two we don't need this on the main football page the woodshed is open though.......... ;)

You're all kidding yourselves if you think Solich was fired because of where the program was. He was 58-19 as a head coach for crying out load, and then going 9-3... give me a break. He was fired because of some extra curricular activities going on with some teeny bopper in David City.

Wow, she keeps getting younger and younger by the year. My sources tell me it was a female well above her teen years that worked for UNL in the athletic department office.

She was a fetus.

Whoa, she was much older than a fetus. I'm pretty sure she could walk, er at least crawl

I think Solich deserved more time. More patience if you will. But that's in the past - there's no point bringing it up now, because he's not coming back. Because the AD wasn't patient enough with Solich, doesn't justify calls to be impatient now with Callahan. Or do we care less about the program and more about trying to prove a point, and rattling some old skeletons in the closet, saying "hey, I told you guys so in 2003!" ?

I think I speak for alot of people on this board when I say BUGEATER...................

I was merely answering a f'ing question that was posed to me. Perhaps you should come up with something to refute what I am saying

Wow, you make friends everywhere you go don't you Bugeater! :rollin

Your frustration about FS should have nothing to do with your attitude or support towards BC, Steve fired Frank not Bill. So go start your "Fire Steve" petition and try to be at least a little positive about the good things that Bill is doing and place the blame where it belongs.............

I think we should compete for BCS games and we in one just about 2-3 times every 5 years. That is what the big boys do and that is what we did before we won NC's. Nobody is saying you can't lose and you must win an NC, but mediocre garbage shouldn't be acceptable to anyone.

And Bill isn't doing anything better other than throwing the ball. WOW! Z.Taylor was player of the year and threw for more yards than any Husker and we lost only 5 games. So our record maybe worse but we are throwing the ball better...LOL

No I don't want to option either so don't even go there. I want to play BOTH sides of the ball and adjust so we can score against good teams when it matters. We are in great position to get a good coach next year.

hi all:

i know in the wake of nebraska's big loss, alot of people on this board have been calling for changes in the coaching staff (e.g. callahan and cosgrove). there was even a posting where the question was asked for people to select from a list of coaches currently at other schools, which one would they like to have coach the huskers. however, when i was thinking about this question and considered the realtive difficulty nebraska had in actually hiring a big time coach after solich was let go, it dawned on me that from a known entity standpoint, callahan is probably the best nebraska is going to do for awhile. some may argue that with all of our tradition and success in the past then we shold have no problem in attracting a top flight coach, but if you honestly consider the payscale (middle of the pack), recruiting base (1.7 million people in nebraska), culture and location of the university (hey i love lincoln and the university, received my PhD there, but it is a bit dull and straight-laced) is it really that attractive of job? in addition, the two coaches that put nebraska back into the limelight after a 20 year lull, both came from relative obscurity. devaney had been an assistant at michigan state and head man at wyoming, while osborne was a local boy and assistant under devaney. my final point is that i don't think we will be able to hire away a proven division 1 college coach from any other school and will eventually be forced to hire some up and coming assistant or division 1-AA or DII coach that is hungry to prove himself at the next level. i also believe nebraska's current AD thought along similar lines and as a consequence has tried to lock-up callahan for several years. even though i don't particularly like the current AD he is quite shrewd and politically savvy considering the timing of the contract extension. he made the announcement after a blowout win against nevada and before they played USC. can you imagine the public outcry if he had made the announcement this week? anyway, i would love to hear other peoples thoughts on this topic.

One problem with your argument. Oklahoma sucks worse as a state....LOL. F-OK

Wow, you make friends everywhere you go don't you Bugeater! :rollin

Your frustration about FS should have nothing to do with your attitude or support towards BC, Steve fired Frank not Bill. So go start your "Fire Steve" petition and try to be at least a little positive about the good things that Bill is doing and place the blame where it belongs.............

Trust me, I know who to blame for the situation. I don't think I could be any more clear about it. As far as the positives, I'll rant and rave about them when they actually happen.