Cosgrove sucks chant

billdozer15

If we give up a ton of yards to ISUcks who is in to start a "Cosgrove Sucks" chant. I am.

Husker Nation has a lot of reasons to be down on the Defense right now but I don't think chanting Cosgrove sux is the right way to go. I think its worse than booing and is not indicative of the great reputaton and class Husker fans have been known for.

This falls in line with the boo-ing. You don't do it. Inside am I thinking it, you're damn right....but you just don't do it. At least not at Memorial Stadium. Stunned silence has just the same impact and meaning when the team/coaches hear (or don't hear) it.

I was there for Ball State. Hearing the boos was embarassing as a fan and alum. I could literally feel my face blush in embarassment. Then some drunk idiots in our section started the "FI-RE COS-GROVE" chant (if anyone heard that) and about 90% of the people around them told them to shut up.

You can be pissed. You can voice your opinions. You can question the coaches....but you don't boo....or start a chant. Class it up.

look guys....I've never been one to publicly humiliate someone like that. That's not any better than booing the team. I agree things need to change...but personally I think we need to support the team as a whole. If you watched during the game last weekend...as our fans booed, it just got the other fans and players more excited. We need to stop doing stuff like that. We're supposed to be fans that have class. And yelling "Cosgrove sucks" or "boo" or "f#*k callahan" or whatever the choice of words are that weekend, doesn't make us any better than the other crap fans out there that do that.

Discuss the coaching situation on the forums, with your friends at the bar, in letters to the athletic director or whoever handles that crap. Truthfully I think in the end it's going to work out. Pederson sees what's going on, don't think he doesn't. I'm sure Callahan as well as Cosgrove are under extreme heat from him...because he's probably under extreme heat from the people with the money.

Lastly, how do you think this looks towards possible recruits?!! I saw some people standing on the sideline before the game started that I'm guessing where high school players who were looking at potentially going to Nebraska. And during this game they witness the fans booing our team? Come on people! We've lost games before and we still hear stories of recruits saying despite the loss they still loved the atmosphere there! If we now lose games AND lose our image as the best fans in college football...why are these kids going to want to come to Nebraska?

I don't know...just my opinion.

look guys....I've never been one to publicly humiliate someone like that. That's not any better than booing the team. I agree things need to change...but personally I think we need to support the team as a whole. If you watched during the game last weekend...as our fans booed, it just got the other fans and players more excited. We need to stop doing stuff like that. We're supposed to be fans that have class. And yelling "Cosgrove sucks" or "boo" or "f#*k callahan" or whatever the choice of words are that weekend, doesn't make us any better than the other crap fans out there that do that.

Discuss the coaching situation on the forums, with your friends at the bar, in letters to the athletic director or whoever handles that crap. Truthfully I think in the end it's going to work out. Pederson sees what's going on, don't think he doesn't. I'm sure Callahan as well as Cosgrove are under extreme heat from him...because he's probably under extreme heat from the people with the money.

Lastly, how do you think this looks towards possible recruits?!! I saw some people standing on the sideline before the game started that I'm guessing where high school players who were looking at potentially going to Nebraska. And during this game they witness the fans booing our team? Come on people! We've lost games before and we still hear stories of recruits saying despite the loss they still loved the atmosphere there! If we now lose games AND lose our image as the best fans in college football...why are these kids going to want to come to Nebraska?

I don't know...just my opinion.

I agree, booing your team(or Santa) at home is for Philly fan, not Husker fan. That being said, the defense needs to shape up. I was under the impression that we had some talent and a little more depth. Somebody's got some splainin to do. I would think that somebody would Mr. Cosgrove. WTF? ;)

I agree with no booing or chanting, silence or emptiness gets the point across just as well. I hate to say it, but the sellout streak shouldn't be considered a universal constant. We are either "knowledgeable fans" or sheep. I truly love husker football. I believe I can be a fan and still voice my displeasure. I don't think it makes me less of a fan to choose not to pay for a ticket to watch a defense that is humiliatingly bad.

I saw Larry Asante just plain give up on two huge plays on two consecutive possessions on Saturday. If you aren't even trying, you deserve to get booed.

Booing occurs very rarely at Memorial Stadium. I was at the game, and I can tell you for sure that this was the worst effort I have ever seen a group of athletes give. Slow and stupid doesn't even begin to describe it. The booing wasn't even that loud, and there was still plenty of crowd support for the D when it mattered in the 4th quarter.

I should add, though, that any chant about the D coordinator is probably inappropriate. He's not the one getting steam-rolled by true freshmen and biting on every single ball fake.

If we give up a ton of yards to ISUcks who is in to start a "Cosgrove Sucks" chant. I am.

because nothing will get a defensive unit motivated like having 80000+ people calling-out their defensive coordinator on national television.

good plan!

The ISU game isn't nationally televised. It's not regionally televised. It's not on TV. Not that it means to do it....just saying.

The booing happened because the fans were caught off guard by the awful defensive performance against a middle-tier MAC team we should have rolled over. I think everyone now realizes that our Defense really does stink.

We know that booing during a game, chants about firing defensive coaches, etc.. are not going to do any good. Even if we get blown out by ISU I don't think we'll hear any widespread booing, simply because everyone knows that it's possible.

No one in their wildest imagination would have though ball state could have hung 610 yards on us, hence the shock, hence the booing. We know now that that can happen in any game the rest of the season.. no one will be shocked, no one will boo.

We all know that there's not going to be any coaching changes until the end of the season. We're all going to brace for an ugly season and just hope to god that we get some good defensive staff in the off-season.

Plain and simple, the booing/chanting was an isolated incident and will not continue.. and should definitely NOT be encouraged.

Just wanna echo what somebody said about the impact on recruits.

Even if you dont care about being classy, supporting our team, coaching staff etc. At least worry about how booing impacts our recruiting. All those people booing are the same ones who complain about the fact that we aren't attracting the same talent as USC, LSU, Florida, et al.

Well who in the world would want to come play somewhere when their fans are going to boo them in a close game that's decided by 1 point, when they need the support of the fans more than any other time. Look no further than Steve Octavien to see how it makes our players feel. They're already battling against the other team, they shouldnt have to battle their own fans on top of it.

We have a handful of top recruits on the OL and DL (where we need help most) hanging in the balance right now. Please don't ruin our chances of attracting these kids by booing our team.