Cosgrove sucks chant

billdozer15

This falls in line with the boo-ing. You don't do it. Inside am I thinking it, you're damn right....but you just don't do it. At least not at Memorial Stadium. Stunned silence has just the same impact and meaning when the team/coaches hear (or don't hear) it.

I was there for Ball State. Hearing the boos was embarassing as a fan and alum. I could literally feel my face blush in embarassment. Then some drunk idiots in our section started the "FI-RE COS-GROVE" chant (if anyone heard that) and about 90% of the people around them told them to shut up.

You can be pissed. You can voice your opinions. You can question the coaches....but you don't boo....or start a chant. Class it up.

That's exactly how I felt on Saturday, I am glad I am not alone. It was painful, but the players don't deserve to be booed. Love em, win or lose, but they, along with the coaches, need to step it up.

I really think that over the past two seasons I have been one of the most outspoken Cosgrove detractors. That being said, I don't think an anti-Cosgrove chant is the way to go. I will come to a message board and rant, and I will drop little Stevie Pederson a line, but I will not condone chanting against players or coaches at a game. It does lack class.

Ye thats right if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything?

If you're familiar with Nebraska you're familiar with its strong tradition.. lets keep that going huh?

Agreed, we shouldn't chant he sucks during a game. But we could all stand outside his house with boxes and a moving truck if ISU scores 30 or we give up over 400 yds.

Oh, and I am familiar with Nebraska tradition and being mediocre in the W-L column and sucking royal a$$ on defense isn't one of them....I know Nebraska we are true class and we even cheer opponents but what we are seeing on the field and with the coaching is NOTHING like we have ever seen before. That is nothing like NU tradition. I don't like booing our team or players but our fans have never been put in this position before like most other schools so now we are finding out what some NU fans are really like. Crap product brings out angry fans.