40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Ohio State, Illinois, Pitt, Stanford

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: On the 2009 Rivals 100 To Watch List

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% Ohio State seems like it would be obvious leader but we have had inroads into recruiting in Ohio.

• 2 months later...

Player: John Simon

Hometown: Youngstown, OH

Position: DT

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 265 lbs.

Visit Date:

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% Ohio State seems like it would be obvious leader but we have had inroads into recruiting in Ohio.

I just looked at this guy's page on Scout, and he looks like a beast. We are listed second in the order (I don't pay for the site, so I don't know if that means anything). Check out the pictures of this dude (click on his image to get photos).

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p...amp;nid=3202295

Reminds me the Peters brothers, A LOT.

Player: John Simon

Hometown: Youngstown, OH

Position: DT

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 265 lbs.

Visit Date:

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

I just looked at this guy's page on Scout, and he looks like a beast. We are listed second in the order (I don't pay for the site, so I don't know if that means anything). Check out the pictures of this dude (click on his image to get photos).

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p...amp;nid=3202295

Reminds me the Peters brothers, A LOT.

GOOD GOD!!!! Get on this kid right now!!!!! He is freakin huge! :hellloooo

Committed to Ohio State.

Uggh.....I guess it was to be expected. I just can't help but think that this dude will be a future top 5 pick.

There is still a lot of time left, maybe we can sway him with a great season next year and a poor Ohio State season.

I just find it funny that juniors in HIGH SCHOOL commit to teams before even taking visits to other schools. I wish someone would do a study and see how many of these jr's who commit early actually stay with that school. I would sure be interested in seeing the results.

Committed to Ohio State.

Uggh.....I guess it was to be expected. I just can't help but think that this dude will be a future top 5 pick.

There is still a lot of time left, maybe we can sway him with a great season next year and a poor Ohio State season.

I just find it funny that juniors in HIGH SCHOOL commit to teams before even taking visits to other schools. I wish someone would do a study and see how many of these jr's who commit early actually stay with that school. I would sure be interested in seeing the results.

I'd bet a majority of the kids who commit early to schools from their home state stay committed. However, out of state commits would seem to be the ones more likely to de-commit because there's probably more chance that the sentimental ties aren't as strong. Just an opinion though.

Committed to Ohio State.

I'd bet a majority of the kids who commit early to schools from their home state stay committed. However, out of state commits would seem to be the ones more likely to de-commit because there's probably more chance that the sentimental ties aren't as strong. Just an opinion though.

NU first three are still commited (Steinkuler, Hoch, and Okafor)