Big Red Looks Awfully Little

husker rob

You know - as much as I want to blame Cosgrove, the more I read those comments from BC, the less they look like coach-speak, and the more they actually convey the attitude in the Husker program right now.

No passion, no pride.

If the offense was sucking, I might agree with you. However the offense is playing with both passion and pride, if you ask me. And that's the side Callahan is most heavily involved with.

The way you people talk youd think we had two co-coaches Callahan and Cosgrove its not like that. BC is the HEAD COACH. The defense sucks its BCs fault, the special teams sucks its BCs fault, the offense sucks its BCs fault. Anything that is wrong with the team is ultimately his responsibility.

I think a lot of people understand that, BUT as a head coach you can't be everywhere all the time. You have to obviously trust in the people that you have put in certain positions to take control of their responsibilities and lead that section of the team in the right direction. His job now is to obviously step in and take some control of the defense.

You know - as much as I want to blame Cosgrove, the more I read those comments from BC, the less they look like coach-speak, and the more they actually convey the attitude in the Husker program right now.

No passion, no pride.

If the offense was sucking, I might agree with you. However the offense is playing with both passion and pride, if you ask me. And that's the side Callahan is most heavily involved with.

The way you people talk youd think we had two co-coaches Callahan and Cosgrove its not like that. BC is the HEAD COACH. The defense sucks its BCs fault, the special teams sucks its BCs fault, the offense sucks its BCs fault. Anything that is wrong with the team is ultimately his responsibility.

He made a mistake in bringing in Cosgrove, however nothing can, or should, be done until the end of the season about that. It's his responsibility, but the defense is not playing poorly because of him, it's the defensive staff that's dropping the ball. He can hold up his end of the bargain and change the defensive staff at the end of the season. If he doesn't, then you can talk about firing Callahan.

Just to show that I dont post only good things that are printed in the press about NU and the coaching staff

The Big Red looks awfully little

Posted: September 26, 2007

Surely, this isn't what the good people of Nebraska expected. The return to the mountaintop of college football has hit a turning point, and its name is Ball State. Ball State?!

Thanks for posting Rob, for the sake of seeing both sides—negative and positive.

Fact of the matter is this: Even though our performance so far has been, well, disappointing—we are 3-1 heading into our Big 12 schedule. Our sole loss came to one of the two or three best teams in the nation, maybe the best. But that's no excuse for how we've looked so far, especially on D. If we don’t field a better defense than we’ve seen the past couple of weeks, the rest of the season is going to be mighty rough.

If Marlon Lucky getting hit a yard or two behind the line of scrimmage defines pride and passion of the offense, then I think it's time these OL found a new sport! Texas Tech can pass. Unfortunately, that's all NU can do as well!

I don't see any problems with the effort of the O-Line. They're making the effort, they're just not executing properly all the time. The defense is not playing with any kind of fire at all and it shows on the field. The entire offense is, the O-line just hasn't been executing consistently. Those are two very different problems.

Need a BCS game in Jan to help pay the bills!

(I bet Pederson and Co was counting on one by now.)

If Marlon Lucky getting hit a yard or two behind the line of scrimmage defines pride and passion of the offense, then I think it's time these OL found a new sport! Texas Tech can pass. Unfortunately, that's all NU can do as well!

I don't see any problems with the effort of the O-Line. They're making the effort, they're just not executing properly all the time. The defense is not playing with any kind of fire at all and it shows on the field. The entire offense is, the O-line just hasn't been executing consistently. Those are two very different problems.

Executing consistently? Try 1.1 yards/game against USC. Our yards/game has been horrible this year except for the Nevada game. The OL is consistent. It consistently doesn't open a hole for the RB to go through. I guess I don't see that as trying, pride, or passion.

Uh, they have opened plenty of holes in all of our games, except USC. I don't remember them doing much against the USC D-line. Our backs have had good holes to run through at times, and other times they O-line just breaks down and the hole collapses.

If you're trying to say they're never opening holes at all, you're just insane.

Uh, they have opened plenty of holes in all of our games, except USC. I don't remember them doing much against the USC D-line. Our backs have had good holes to run through at times, and other times they O-line just breaks down and the hole collapses.

If you're trying to say they're never opening holes at all, you're just insane.

In the last 3 games, we have rushed for an average of 87 yards per game. I understand the low performance against USC, but the low totals against Wake and Ball State are inexcusable. I realize we don't Barry Sanders back there running the ball, but do you honestly believe Lucky is so inept that he can't find the hole?

If you're trying to say that all is well on the offensive side of the ball, you're just insane!

I'm not saying all is well on the offensive side. I've been saying all week the O-line is not playing consistently. They open up holes on some plays, which our back then runs through, and in other plays they just fail to execute properly, blocks get shed, or the LB isn't picked up, and the hole collapses. BUT THEY DO OPEN UP HOLES, it's just been inconsistent. They are putting the effort and showing fire, they're just not executing properly and it hurts the running game. That needs to change for our running game to improve.

This has to be the only fan base in America who thinks the Head coach isn't responsible for the whole team. This is exactly what concerns a lot of fans and we were called "morons". Now it's all over the national press. Cally is the HEAD COACH, not the offensive head coach. He is responsible for all of it. And if our offense was so great then we wouldn't be so mediocre running and in pass protection.

We are now being laughed at by the nation.

Great job PUD.

Yes and read my signature all you BC lovers.