Will a huge $$ buyout prevent Callahan's firing after this season?

I still have no problem with BC. Now Coz is another story. If we had a good defense this year, none of this would even be an issue. Our offense is doing well, mind you the running game is glitchy, but it will come around. Defense has talent, but no motivation/fire and are constantly out of position. BC needs a "come to Jesus" meeting with his defensive coaches and his defensive players. I do not see BC leaving anytime soon, unless he gets the defense turned around.

Will $$$ come into play when Cally lays a goose egg and needs the pink slip, or are we stuck with the guy for the next half-decade because we don't have the jack to pay him off?

No one I know booster wise has that kind of money and if it come to that point it won't be just Callahan getting fired it will be the two other guys above him.

Will $$$ come into play when Cally lays a goose egg and needs the pink slip, or are we stuck with the guy for the next half-decade because we don't have the jack to pay him off?

Well, considering Callahan has yet to lay a goose egg, I'd consider this post to be ill-timed and illogically formed, at best.

I guess the question we should be posing to you is why you want to see the 'Huskers do so bad that they fire their coach? Unless you've got a personal grudge/vendetta against the coaches and AD, you shouldn't be hoping they tank.

And if you're thinking that firing Callahan is going to magically fix things...well, perhaps you need to go get some more of that wonderful TexAss education they've got down here and learn some football. :rant

Well, considering Callahan has yet to lay a goose egg, I'd consider this post to be ill-timed and illogically formed, at best.

I guess the question we should be posing to you is why you want to see the 'Huskers do so bad that they fire their coach? Unless you've got a personal grudge/vendetta against the coaches and AD, you shouldn't be hoping they tank.

And if you're thinking that firing Callahan is going to magically fix things...well, perhaps you need to go get some more of that wonderful TexAss education they've got down here and learn some football. :rant

I am assuming you need to learn football also since you want to criticize someone for asking if Cally's extension will keep him from getting fired anytime soon. Don't attack someone else's ability to understand the game unless they call Lucky a center and Keller a linebacker.

I wish Callahan was not our coach. I don't think he's a bad guy or anything like that, but I don't think he's a college coach and certainly not a Nebraska coach. However, my concern is that if he does leave or get fired, who on earth do we get? Would it be like the last search where it comes down to who's available? Is Nebraska a glamor job anymore?

I am assuming you need to learn football also since you want to criticize someone for asking if Cally's extension will keep him from getting fired anytime soon. Don't attack someone else's ability to understand the game unless they call Lucky a center and Keller a linebacker.

No--it's apparent you and your friend have no time to learn anything about football since you're busy spewing venom and focusing on your anti-Bill Callahan slant.

Your ignorance is what is bringing this program down, bottom line. Do the rest of 'Husker Nation a favor and go root for someone else--you have no idea what it is to be a Nebraska fan, and people like yourself that don't want to see our kids succeed are some of the lowest scum on God's green Earth.

I hear Colorado could use a few fans like yourself...

No--it's apparent you and your friend have no time to learn anything about football since you're busy spewing venom and focusing on your anti-Bill Callahan slant.

Your ignorance is what is bringing this program down, bottom line. Do the rest of 'Husker Nation a favor and go root for someone else--you have no idea what it is to be a Nebraska fan, and people like yourself that don't want to see our kids succeed are some of the lowest scum on God's green Earth.

You have no idea who you are talking to and how much I understand this game. Do your homework about me before you talk about me. Ever wear shoulder pads outside of 8 man ball?

I want us to win every game...you don't know anything about my views.

You have no idea who you are talking to and how much I understand this game. Do your homework about me before you talk about me. Ever wear shoulder pads outside of 8 man ball?

You're right--I don't know you from Adam or Eve (or Steve, if that's the way you go). All I have to go on is the tripe that you and your cohorts have been spreading around as of late.

I guess you reap what you sow...

You're right--I don't know you from Adam or Eve (or Steve, if that's the way you go). All I have to go on is the tripe that you and your cohorts have been spreading around as of late.

Then please help me understand because nobody on this board has given me evidence to the contrary.... What has Bill Callahan done to show he can win 10+ games a year consistently with NU?

Please be specific and site accurate information and a deep understanding of the game.

Then please help me understand because nobody on this board has given me evidence to the contrary.... What has Bill Callahan done to show he can win 10+ games a year consistently with NU?

Please be specific and site accurate information and a deep understanding of the game.

Callahan can't win 10 games a year consistently, not even 9 games. We seem to take one step forward and two steps back. All summer long we all read about how good we were going to be, young talent, blah, blah, blah. I bought into it and really thought we could beat USC. I never dreamed we would almost lose to Wake Forest and BALL STATE!

What--so we can waste time on a close-minded idiot that can't see the forest for the trees.

And if you know anything about debate, the burden of proof is on the negative, not the affirmative. So far, all I've seen from you is a lousy website that you whore out in every thread and a strong case for having you sterilized to protect the gene pool of actual Nebraska fans.

What--so we can waste time on a close-minded idiot that can't see the forest for the trees.

And if you know anything about debate, the burden of proof is on the negative, not the affirmative. So far, all I've seen from you is a lousy website that you whore out in every thread and a strong case for having you sterilized to protect the gene pool of actual Nebraska fans.

Umm, your probably right. I am probably the only one who actually COACHED our qb (that's right guys)! Oh, and coached at a Pac-10 school, and played at a Pac-10 school. Your right, I am a closed-minded idiot (flamer). OR maybe I see us for what we really are and I am not happy about it and ....well read my sig.