It is RED week

Crud, gratefulhusker, you JUST beat me to it. Oh, well, I'm going to do it anyway.

or is that "weak". I don't know if you saw how tISU dismantiled (1) iowa (2) but I think a similar event will accur (3) in Lincoln this Saturday. I don't want to get caught up in any Husker fan revisionalization (4) of past events. Facts are facts. tISU was dominate (5) in 2002 & 2004 and as long as Nebraska does not have the referee on there payroll like last year (6) and 2005 this game will be an "upset" similar to the one laid on the squawkeyes (7)!

For discussion, how does a desimated (8) blackshirt (9) defense deal with Meyer (10)?

1. I think you mean "dismantled."

2. "Iowa" is a proper noun, which means it's supposed to start with a capital letter.

3. I think you mean "occur."

4. I'm not even sure which word you meant to use here.

5. I think you mean "dominant," but regardless, two victories by your Cyclones against the Huskers in the last forty years or so is hardly worth bragging about. I suppose I should point out that in 2003, when you came to Lincoln, you got shut out.

6. Last year? You mean when Nebraska came in and beat you 28-14, and one of your touchdowns came against our reserves in the final seconds of the game?

7. Your attempt at humor is admirable, but "Squawkeyes," like "Iowa," is a proper noun and should be capitalized.

8. I think you mean "decimated," which actually is not a very good word to use in this situation.

9. Again, "Blackshirt" is a proper noun and should be capitalized.

10. Do you refer to Bret Meyer and the Iowa State offense, which has yet to produce a run, pass, or kick return longer than 39 yards this season?

Yowzers, and I thought Iowa State was regarded for its academics . . . at least at schools like Stanford, where their teams are pathetic, they at least know how to use the English language properly.

EDIT: I added the tenth point.

Anyone who criticizes grammar on a message board is the only person worse than a flamer.

It's a message board not a resume cover letter.

Go teach English if you are such an uptight person that you critique spelling on a football message board.

The only person worse than a flamer? Wow!!! :wtf

I just find that if one is going to criticize another...don't leave holes open for criticism...that includes speaking/writing like a moron.

Isn't that the whole point???

or is that "weak". I don't know if you saw how tISU dismantiled iowa but I think a similar event will accur in Lincoln this Saturday. I don't want to get caught up in any Husker fan revisionalization of past events. Facts are facts. tISU was dominate in 2002 & 2004 and as long as Nebraska does not have the referee on there payroll like last year and 2005 this game will be an "upset" similar to the one laid on the squawkeyes!

For discussion, how does a desimated blackshirt defense deal with Meyer?

Mey-who, is this your four year quarterback that has been able to lead his team to powerfull 1&3 start. While all of your offensive line is trying to deal with Suh the rest of the blackshirts will be planting Mey-who's a$$ in the grass.

Anyone who criticizes grammar on a message board is the only person worse than a flamer.

Go teach English if you are such an uptight person that you critique spelling on a football message board.

Well, I decided to go after him for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, he was coming in here and trolling. Secondly, he decided to talk a bunch of crap. Thirdly, he did so using grammar similar to that of a fourth grader.

And if you would have actually READ the post, you would have seen that quite a bit of it was actually pertaining to football. The grammar was just because I felt like it.

If you went over to NetBuffs or the Mizzou board and decided to talk crap but phrased it like that, you'd hear a lot worse than what I said to this guy.

I thought it was funny. Small mistakes are fine, and he should be allowed to make mistakes without us slamming him for it. I know on my computer it underlines words I spell wrong. His should do the same. It isn't that hard to change those words before posting.

Worse than a flamer? No way, just don't be a grammar Nazi. I thought that response had more to do with football than bashing his grammar.

how did this thread go from a guy flaming NU to an argument over correct grammer. This just goes to show how divided we are as a fan base. Rather than everyone piling on this dousche, we fight amongst ourselves over what the proper usage of the word "is" is. Everybody needs to start acting like 3rd graders instead of college edumacated grammer folk, its much more fun that way.

At the same time, the only way to represent yourself here is by written word. If you write like a 3rd grader, don't be surprised if people treat you like a 3rd grader. Hell, Firefox 2.0 has a BUILT IN spell checker. There is no excuse for spelling like you are 4.

Oh and let me tell you, I am SUPER glad Clyde has graced us with his presence again. If you all remember, Clyde first addressed us just before his beloved Cyclones laid an egg against Kent State.

Cyclown Clyde sticking his foot in his mouth

I think that does it folks, NU is almost guaranteed a victory this weekend.

I decided yesterday to let this pot simmer for a day to see what that responses would be. I dont see any analization of my post asking how a beligered husker Defense will stop an attack led by Meyer. That all being said I'd like to know if any of you can provide a sinopsis of how Omaha Central is doing this year?

I dont know how OC is doing, but im sure they look better on the field as well as on paper than "tissue" :lol: