Scary Thought

I am not a basher....I'm trying to remain positive after spending the day with knowledgeble fans from many conferences from across the east and southeast....they put these thoughts in my head.

The wifey and I were returning home Saturday night after a watch party with K Staters Saturday afternoon in downtown Atlanta and the fun we had with them. These fans we spent the day with were very good football fans and KNOWLEDGEBLE.

After arriving back at the airport and heading home back to Topeka and playing out the remaining season back over and over in my head I finally stated to the wife....I don't think I can honestly mark any remaining games as a 'gimme' for the rest of the season.

Now KSU will not be intimidated coming into Lincoln after their impressive win in Austin on the road.

Now, CU will welcome our visit to Boulder after upsetting OU.

A&M, KSU? I'll be in Lincoln at the Memorial 'doing my best to protect our home' GO BIG RED

I don't hang out with K Staters...in fact I loath the entire state....the Idea that you would consider that a quality place to live makes me disregard anything that you might want to post about NU....I don't mean this as a personal attack and don't want to offend you, but I would rather have Afaganistan as a state before Kansas....I can only imagine that you are forced thru some kind of a wittness protection program to live there.I feel sorry for you....seriously, I do.

I mean , LOATH the state....why in the world would you want to live in second rate place like that....you do realize that you are below Mississippi, Arkansas, W. Virginia and every other state in the UNION!.....Kansas, give me a break.....I need to go outside and puke!

armi, you are showing your ignorance with your rant about Kansas. lots of places worse to live, you have probably been in them, just didn't know it. give it a rest or move to Afghanistan and join the Taliban!

Texas would lose to anyone giving up that many returns and turnovers. Plus, they were asking to be upset with the way they've been playing this year.

CU was a fluke. If OU hadn't muffed the punt, the game would have been over. When they played Fla. St., they had no offense whatsoever. Now everyone's calling Hawkins a genius. This win will be short-lived.

You can't just look at the W. Yes, perhaps it was a fluke they won, but CU played 4 solid quarters of football which means they are improving. Disclaimer: I did not see the game....however, the scoring by quarters plus highlights indicated they were in the game the whole time.

I am not a basher....I'm trying to remain positive after spending the day with knowledgeble fans from many conferences from across the east and southeast....they put these thoughts in my head.

The wifey and I were returning home Saturday night after a watch party with K Staters Saturday afternoon in downtown Atlanta and the fun we had with them. These fans we spent the day with were very good football fans and KNOWLEDGEBLE.

After arriving back at the airport and heading home back to Topeka and playing out the remaining season back over and over in my head I finally stated to the wife....I don't think I can honestly mark any remaining games as a 'gimme' for the rest of the season.

Now KSU will not be intimidated coming into Lincoln after their impressive win in Austin on the road.

A&M, KSU? I'll be in Lincoln at the Memorial 'doing my best to protect our home' GO BIG RED

I don't hang out with K Staters...in fact I loath the entire state....the Idea that you would consider that a quality place to live makes me disregard anything that you might want to post about NU....I don't mean this as a personal attack and don't want to offend you, but I would rather have Afaganistan as a state before Kansas....I can only imagine that you are forced thru some kind of a wittness protection program to live there.I feel sorry for you....seriously, I do.

I mean , LOATH the state....why in the world would you want to live in second rate place like that....you do realize that you are below Mississippi, Arkansas, W. Virginia and every other state in the UNION!.....Kansas, give me a break.....I need to go outside and puke!

armi, you are showing your ignorance with your rant about Kansas. lots of places worse to live, you have probably been in them, just didn't know it. give it a rest or move to Afghanistan and join the Taliban!

Nice.......Well I can tell you that Kansas is not very high on my list....I have never lived in such a place as bad contrary to what you believe....furthermore, I doubt the Taliban are lining up to get into Salina....who is the ignorant one??????.....lets keep this on the high road....if you have some inside info about Kansas that you think would change my opion...please enlighten me....if not, then call of the dogs

Nice.......Well I can tell you that Kansas is not very high on my list....I have never lived in such a place as bad contrary to what you believe....furthermore, I doubt the Taliban are lining up to get into Salina....who is the ignorant one??????.....lets keep this on the high road....if you have some inside info about Kansas that you think would change my opion...please enlighten me....if not, then call of the dogs

works for me, but your orginal post was out of line. if you stay on the high road, you will be fine. last time i checked Kansas was in the USA and Kansas City and some of the surrounding burbs are great places to live and raise a family. enuf said.

works for me, but your orginal post was out of line. if you stay on the high road, you will be fine. last time i checked Kansas was in the USA and Kansas City and some of the surrounding burbs are great places to live and raise a family. enuf said.

I knew you were goin too bring up Lenexa or OP...but what you don't understand is that without Missouri(KC)...those places don't exist.....it like saying that Council Bluffs would be a great town without Omaha draggin it down.....CB(is a dump) would be a tiny little blip on the map if not for Omaha

Nothing along the Kansas City, Kansas side would exist without the taxpayers and business that exist in Missouri, a state with far more wealth and population....the reason that Missouri is a better state, well they are countless...but I'll let you do the research....Kansas is a state that has no real stand alone value that can't attributed to one of it's border states.....

I don't think teams have been intimidated by us for a few years now...

Agreed. The swagger is gone but I think it can return.

Before the game an ISU fan said he heard the defense had been redubbed the "pinkshirts". It'll be a hard road back but the D first needs to return to fundamental tackling and then get the smash mouth back in the game. I believe we have the core players to build on that.

:bonez

I knew you were goin too bring up Lenexa or OP...but what you don't understand is that without Missouri(KC)...those places don't exist.....it like saying that Council Bluffs would be a great town without Omaha draggin it down.....CB(is a dump) would be a tiny little blip on the map if not for Omaha

Nothing along the Kansas City, Kansas side would exist without the taxpayers and business that exist in Missouri, a state with far more wealth and population....the reason that Missouri is a better state, well they are countless...but I'll let you do the research....Kansas is a state that has no real stand alone value that can't attributed to one of it's border states.....

I am no fan of the state either, but give credit where credit is due: they pump out a sh#t load of airplanes....

Kansucks.....

Are you serioulsy arguing states here? are you retarded...this is a husker board. No matter where you live is fine by me as long as you are a supporter of the big red. Now get a life...the midwest is no paradise

sigh........ :hmmph

do we really need to intimidate teams? does intimidation really work for us?

remember nebraska @ colorado 2k5? they clearly weren't intimidated by the huskers. they came out, talking smack and trash. they thought all they had to do is act like a bunch of thugs and they'd win.

what was the score again? yah, 30-3 nebraska FTW. in the words of puff fans, 'any questions?!'

if they want to treat us like their weak sisters, so be it. it's up to big red to step-up and put the hurting on the upstarts.

all i what from the cornhuskers is a new win every week. if they can do that, then no problem.

I agree that there are no gimme's left on the schedule. The good thing for Nebraska is these teams like KSUcks and sCUm are going to be taking us for granted and that could come back to bite them in the butt. Let them get cocky because it's not going to win the game for them. We have to play against one another regardless and anything is possible.

Are you serioulsy arguing states here? are you retarded...this is a husker board. No matter where you live is fine by me as long as you are a supporter of the big red. Now get a life...the midwest is no paradise

I think someone needs to check his basement for purple-clad corpses. Yikes.

I really don't think any of this is new. Teams like K-State and CU always get up for a Nebraska game. Sadly, in the last 7-10 years, they've had their way a few times.

The North is shaping up to be a competitive division within itself.