BC discusses Dynasties

On previous dynasties

“I appreciate what everyone has done, Frank Leahy and Bud Wilkinson, all those guys. All those dominant teams and coaches that have gone on a run, I have great respect and appreciation for what they’ve done. It’s hard to do. There’s no question about how hard it is to do. It’s hard to get to the top, but it’s much harder and much more difficult to stay at the top. There have only been a few teams in the history of sports that have been dominant for a long period of time.”

I would have thought that he could have used a more recent example connected to the Huskers. :madash

On previous dynasties

“I appreciate what everyone has done, Frank Leahy and Bud Wilkinson, all those guys. All those dominant teams and coaches that have gone on a run, I have great respect and appreciation for what they’ve done. It’s hard to do. There’s no question about how hard it is to do. It’s hard to get to the top, but it’s much harder and much more difficult to stay at the top. There have only been a few teams in the history of sports that have been dominant for a long period of time.”

I would have thought that he could have used a more recent example connected to the Huskers. :madash

Think I heard the question on the radio and the Interviewer bought up Tom Osborne and the Cal went on with that answer.

On previous dynasties

Thanks UNO. That's kinda sad. I'm not going to say anything. Better off just biting my lip.

We need to read the whole story to understand what was said. Could be out of context.

But let's be sure and bash him even if we don't know the whole story.

World's greatest college football fans!!!!!! Yea sure!

You got the right, the guy can't seem to do anything right in some people's eye. Bashing him because he didn't use TO or Davaney now thats pretty dumb.

We need to read the whole story to understand what was said. Could be out of context.

You got the right, the guy can't seem to do anything right in some people's eye. Bashing him because he didn't use TO or Davaney now thats pretty dumb.

It is dumb that he is getting bashed. I also don't understand why the question of a dynasty came up. It seems that these reporters are getting fed a few questions in order to take the heat off of fans wanting what they had in the past. This is the 3rd time I can recall Cally acting as if the "good 'ol days" are gone forever in college football. I agree things will go up and down from time to time, but the one constant seems to be that coaches are either mediocre, bad or good. Teams that suffer have bad coaches, insert the right coach and bingo they get good again.

Also, somebody forgot to tell LSU, FL, USC & OH St. that winning 10+ games and being in multiple NC games is over! They seem to have a decade of dynasty going for each of them.....and OU & TX seem to be posting records similar to the 70's and 80's NU teams over the last decade also.

I don't think by saying he could have brought up Devaney or TO is bashing him.....that is the most recent coaches who had a lot of success. Settle down!!!!!!!!

Callahan often talks about parity engulfing college football. He was asked if it makes him appreciate more what Tom Osborne's Nebraska teams did a decade ago?

"I appreciate what everyone's done -- Frank Leahy, Bud Wilkinson, all those dominant teams and coaches that have gone on a run. I have great respect and appreciation for what they've done... It's hard to get the top, but as we all know, it's much harder to stay on top."

More Context to the Quote from the Tuesday Press Conference

It seems this board is taking his comments waaay out of contest. The question wasn't about Dynasties at all but rather TO's success and he decided to compliments others as well.

The only question I have is if it is harder to stay at the top then it is to get to the top then when the heck are we gonna get to the top???

Not a criticism just a question I want him to answer. When do you see us being a top notch program again?