Replacements Thread

how about BO?

How about Marty Schottenheimer? Or Bill Parcels? If there's any chance....

NO and NO!!!! They are morons....Parcels would never fit in as a college coach and Marty sucks!!!!!!!!

Marty Sucks?! Jeez..win 14 games in the nfl and you suck? Wow..

Parcells is a great motivator..he's known for it and in addition to proving he can turn a team around and make champions out of them.. Giants in the 80s and he didn't do too bad a job with the Jets' and Patriots either. Plus, he DOES have college coaching experice ... At Hastings College right here in Nebraska, 1964.

Yeah I know, not D1 but still.. he'd have an un understanding of the culture here and I can't think of a reason any recruit wouldn't want to play for him. Anyway, I'd be willing to give him the team if he wanted it.

How old is Parcells now??? I think you aged him when you stated he was coaching at Hastings in the 60s. 14 games in the NFL and he is gone....there must be a reason for this.

I want a young guy who can relate and motivate. Coz cannot get anyone to do anything and BC just stands by and lets it happen. Get over that he is your buddy BC, he is bringing down the program. If they continue to lose, we are going to lose recruits that have given their verbals....I believe we stole one from Iowa this past week...I am sure it had something to do with them being absolutely horrible this year It will happen to the Huskers if they continue down the road they are on right now.

Seriously, though, we ought to take a look at that South Florida coach...

I'm a big fan of Jim Leavitt, but he's not going anywhere. He has been pursued by other big programs for years due to his success at USF. I just don't see him ever leaving them, though. He's built that program from the ground up. He's the only HC the program has ever had at any level. That's his baby, and he's not going to walk away from it.

OH NOW IT'S AN ACCEPTABLE TOPIC???

Here is my list:

Jeff Tedford

Greg Schiano

Brian Kelly

Ron Zook...lol

Not sure why Tedford and Schiano would leave their current spots...

I know but it's a dream post. I actually have been pushing this for 2 years. Now with an extension we are stuck for another 1-2 years anyway. So I was just putting out a wish list. They were on my list since last Sept.

...Now with an extension we are stuck for another 1-2 years anyway...

While you're probably right about this, a contract extension is no guarantee. Alabama gave Shula an extension and a raise 6 months before they fired him.

Trust me I wanted him fired the day he was announced as the coach. He is a joke in coaching circles and has been for a while. Anyway, we don't have the $$ to afford a buyout and hire another coach for $2 MIL per. The only way it happens is if we stop showing up to games but that isn't gonna happen either.

T.O. as interm A.D. Joe Glenn from Wyoming as head coach. He won two national championships at UNC in Greeley and his Wyoming team is doing very well with lots less talent than we have. He has beaten Virginia this year as well as TCU last night. He has only one stipulation in his contract and that is if Husker nation needs him. WE NEED HIM. He is a very good coach.

How old is this Joe Glenn??? I think either T.O. should be our A.D. or Barry Alvarez. Someone to help bring the tradition back to Nebraska because Callahan and company have destroyed it with their NFL business like attitudes. I want a head coach that will get into the game and scream at some people and show some damn fire.

BRI, when did you ever see TO get excited on the sidelines. I dont know what he was like in the locker room but on the sidelines he always kept control of his emotions and had the same expression.