Bo Pelini

Eric

"Miles was the head coach at Oklahoma State when Pelini was at Nebraska. After watching game tape, Miles thought he'd figured out a way to expose the Cornhuskers' defense.

"But when we played them," Miles said, "they ended up using a totally different scheme. They beat us, and after that I started watching more and more of their film. He was coming up with different plans every week. Each game it evolved."

Hmmmm. Actually making adjustments and preparing for your opponent? It's been so long since we had a `D' coordinator that did that, I forgot what is was like. Also, having a defense that gets better in the second half? Wow! What a novel concept. :sarcasm

:bang

Agenda or no agenda, he's still right.

Our AD made a BIG mistake not hiring Pelini as the Head Coach, and now we are forced to endure that mistake both in the fact that our team has no identity, no leadership and no heart, while Pelini is helping LSU to a national championship with a dominating defense that reminds me of what we used to have.

What if?!? I would like to honestly ask Bo if he would come back and coach NU and if not what would it take to get him back.

New AD and A lot of Money :)

Can you imagine....

Athletic Director: Tom Osbourne

Head Coach: Bo Penili

Offensive Line Coordinator: Bill Callahan

Defensive Coordinator: ??? Bo could handle it.

Why does everyone think Bill Callahan is such a great offensive mind? I just don't see it.

2003 D ended up ranked #11. When under Coz's great guidance have we even come close to being ranked this high at season's end on D? We have the great BC recruits and are ranked now like #96. Don't worry about Bo. He'll be a HC next year somewhere. Talk smack all you want when he was at OU, but he was a CO D coordinator. Venebles was the other. Some OU fans have already posted here that Venebles isn't very good! I just can't believe how awful coaches and players get once they leave the NU family. Beck, greatest thing since beer in a can until he left!

I remember how good our defense looked in the Alamo Bowl against Mich St. I know they weren't an amazing team, but they beat a good Iowa team and hung in against Michigan and Ohio State, so we weren't playing slouches.

Pelini had that team ready to play, and it showed. The D looked good, the offense could have been a bit better, but if you hold your opponent to 3 points, you don't need a ton of offense...

Seems like EVERY time Bo Pellini's name comes up, the same 4 or 5 people say they hate Bo Pellini threads or fear we're having a "Bogasmic moment".

I don't feel strongly one way or the other, but then, I don't open every thread on here, either.

My Question:

WHY?

Is it because there's never going to be a chance of us getting him back?

Is it because it's been discussed every which way imaginable? (That could be said of almost every topic).

Is it just to be dismissive?

Is it an image thing? Afraid we'll be considered too "Blue collar" because he has only one tie and it's a rental?