List of replacements for Callahan

this is for your list for next hc here, if callahan does indeed get fired.

pelini isn't coming back, so be realistic.

my list =

turner gill (although he may be bitter with pederson)

josh mcdaniels, oc of new england (may be too young-31 years old)

norm chow (would jump on being a hc somewhere, even in college)

jim leavett of usf (although if they make the bcs, they will have enough to pay him)

gregg williams, redskins dc (would be great in college, ala pete carroll)

rick neushisal (would LOVE to get revenge on colorado, wants to be a hc again, and loves college game)

anyone you want to add?

Jim Leavett wouldn't leave USF for his alma mater (MU), and he wouldn't leave USF for the place that gave him the knowledge that's led to his success (KSU), so why the hell would he go to NU? Hell, when they build the new stadium in Tampa, they'll name it after him. At the very least, there will be a giant statue of him on campus one day. He started that program from scratch and has it in the BCS #2 seat in just 11 years! You need to get real. It took 5-7 phone calls to get CALLAHAN! How many candidates will they beg this time? Go for a coordinator and take a chance on a guy who looks promising - no big name wants this mess! The 90's called, they want YOU back!

The reason I am against Gill is because some of the players that everyone on here loves from the NC days told me he'd be a horrible coach because he's extremely lazy. He was the last to show up to practice and the first to leave. I always figured he's be the man in waiting after TO retired because he was the youngest, but even TO didn't have the confidence in him. It would be interesting if TO was hired as AD to see if he'd even give Gill a look. I'm strictly basing my not wanting him as our next HC from what past players told me about him when they were playing.

It would be unfair to disqualify a man for behavior that occurred almost 25 years ago when he was much younger.

Even if the above is true, maybe he has matured, grown up and become a better man. While a cautious approach may be needed, it would be nice to see him interviewed (for real).

Oh and according to my buddies at USC, Norm Chow is waiting for Petey C. to leave so he can assume the Trojan throne.

25 years ago? Wow, I must have the wrong calendar. I could have swore it was 2007 rather than 2020. 25 years ago? Please tell me you are not an alumn of NU.

this is for your list for next hc here, if callahan does indeed get fired.

pelini isn't coming back, so be realistic.

my list =

turner gill (although he may be bitter with pederson)

josh mcdaniels, oc of new england (may be too young-31 years old)

norm chow (would jump on being a hc somewhere, even in college)

jim leavett of usf (although if they make the bcs, they will have enough to pay him)

gregg williams, redskins dc (would be great in college, ala pete carroll)

rick neushisal (would LOVE to get revenge on colorado, wants to be a hc again, and loves college game)

anyone you want to add?

The next person that suggests Rick Neuhisal should get slapped with a virtual wet noodle....

NO FREAKIN WAY!!

The reason I am against Gill is because some of the players that everyone on here loves from the NC days told me he'd be a horrible coach because he's extremely lazy. He was the last to show up to practice and the first to leave. I always figured he's be the man in waiting after TO retired because he was the youngest, but even TO didn't have the confidence in him. It would be interesting if TO was hired as AD to see if he'd even give Gill a look. I'm strictly basing my not wanting him as our next HC from what past players told me about him when they were playing.

It would be unfair to disqualify a man for behavior that occurred almost 25 years ago when he was much younger.

Even if the above is true, maybe he has matured, grown up and become a better man. While a cautious approach may be needed, it would be nice to see him interviewed (for real).

Oh and according to my buddies at USC, Norm Chow is waiting for Petey C. to leave so he can assume the Trojan throne.

25 years ago? Wow, I must have the wrong calendar. I could have swore it was 2007 rather than 2020. 25 years ago? Please tell me you are not an alumn of NU.

Hollywood is talking about when Turner was a player. That was 25 years ago.

I don't know spefically, but I want a defensive guy, and just runs a simple offense and an aggresive defense.

His name would be Marty.

Hope not. Was happy when he was at KC that way I knew my Chiefs buddies were never going to get to the superbowl. :)

THAT is very true. But I guarantee he wouldn't let us get embarrased anymore. We would just lose in the Big XII Championship EVERY year lol.

Schottenheimer is a very good coach. Look at the teams he's been with before he was there and after he left. He raised the level of play everywhere he went. After he leaves they return to being dismal teams.

I don't know spefically, but I want a defensive guy, and just runs a simple offense and an aggresive defense.

His name would be Marty.

Hope not. Was happy when he was at KC that way I knew my Chiefs buddies were never going to get to the superbowl. :)

THAT is very true. But I guarantee he wouldn't let us get embarrased anymore. We would just lose in the Big XII Championship EVERY year lol.

Schottenheimer is a very good coach. Look at the teams he's been with before he was there and after he left. He raised the level of play everywhere he went. After he leaves they return to being dismal teams.

NO MORE NFL GUYS!

Pretty boy Carol is locked in for the next ten years. Unless he is enticed to jump to the San Diego Chargers after this season he isn't going anywhere. Chow might as well get some head coaching experience during the duration.