New Facts about TO and Pelini

My football career (or sideline standing) has nothing to do with my source. Booster and I are business partners.

:thumbs Sounds like you got some money....hit a brother up with a loan. J/K ;)

Tell your booster budy thanks for all the info if you told him about the board. If not thanks even more Bleed.

IBR...

do we have a legitimate shot at landing Bo?

I'd hate to have another "husker letdown"

Getting Pelini would be a let down to me.

Why would Bo be such a bad choice? His career mirrors Stoops and Stoops took OU to a Championship in his 2nd year! NU fans loved his defense and the fire he brought to the sidelines. Look at the sidelines now! NO FIRE! Bo has been waiting for his chance to be a HC and he wouldn't screw up his chance to run things. I think that he would be an excellent fit to our program! What's everyone elses thoughts?

IBR...

do we have a legitimate shot at landing Bo?

I'd hate to have another "husker letdown"

Getting Pelini would be a let down to me.

Why would Bo be such a bad choice? His career mirrors Stoops and Stoops took OU to a Championship in his 2nd year! NU fans loved his defense and the fire he brought to the sidelines. Look at the sidelines now! NO FIRE! Bo has been waiting for his chance to be a HC and he wouldn't screw up his chance to run things. I think that he would be an excellent fit to our program! What's everyone elses thoughts?

not to derail the bogasam, but i don't see pelini coming to nebraska.

there are gonna be plenty of openings this winter, tA&M being one of them. i'm thinking he'll go with them first just because of rich pickings as far as recruiting goes. and the way everyone creams when they hear his name, he'll be able to write his ticket.

it's just a gut feeling: i don't think bo is coming back.

I wanted BO after the Mich St game. He had our D playing great! Hell, he had every D he coached playing great. He knows how to coach, something Cosgrove doesn't know how to do. Look at his stats, how the D he has coached did after H-time when teams were having success and he shut them down. NONE of our coaches can adjust on either sides of the ball at halftime. Coz is half the problem, but Cally is the other half. He has never won a game at NEBRASKA that he was behind at half for a reason. This coaching staff sucks and a total revamp is needed now. If Peterson wasn't a total retard the HUSKERS would be a top 10 team the last 3 years in my opinion. Letting Pellini slip away was a HUGE mistake by a incompotent AD. Thank GOD that loser is gone. It's the 1st step to bring NEBRASKA football back to where it should be.

Why the big deal with Pelini when the choice for a new coach is obvious...

You want a guy with experience? This guy has experince at both the major college and pro level...as a head coach, not as a coordinator or an assistant.

You want a guy with ties to Cornhusker football? Aside from TO, there is not a more recognized name in Huskerland than this guy.

You want a guy with proven success? 157-29 coaching record, 3 National Championships and 12 Big 8 conference championships.

Barry Switzer is your guy. Boosters would love him, he's a great recruiter, he's worked with/against TO for years...best of all, he's available. Sure, he's a little old but no older than TO.

Switzer knows Cornhusker tradition...and he would sure fill the stands on Saturday.

Everyone that goes on and on about Bo not having any HC experience and that he isnt going to be a good coach will eat your words one day. BP may come here an he may not, but someday some school is going to give him a chance at HC an he will do great. He is a great teacher an loves his kids, which I am sure asked would take a bullet for him anyday just as most would do for TO.

Why the big deal with Pelini when the choice for a new coach is obvious...

You want a guy with experience? This guy has experince at both the major college and pro level...as a head coach, not as a coordinator or an assistant.

You want a guy with ties to Cornhusker football? Aside from TO, there is not a more recognized name in Huskerland than this guy.

You want a guy with proven success? 157-29 coaching record, 3 National Championships and 12 Big 8 conference championships.

Barry Switzer is your guy. Boosters would love him, he's a great recruiter, he's worked with/against TO for years...best of all, he's available. Sure, he's a little old but no older than TO.

Switzer knows Cornhusker tradition...and he would sure fill the stands on Saturday.

Do you know why he isn't the Sooner coach anymore? He was basically fired because he brought upon the program NCAA sanctions. At one time, it was hinted that OU was going to get the DEATH PENALTY because of Switzer. Switzer was quoted as saying, "I will not coach in the college ranks again until players are allowed to be paid"! I'm sure your post was sarcastic, but come on.

I guess I'm just tender at how everyone wants to compare NU to Alabama and Oklahoma even though those programs were descimated by NCAA sanctions while NU was only descimated by Pud and Clownahan!

I'm new here so I don't know if the original poster has some magic info....but Buffet has never even given money to the school for academic reasons and I doubt that his first big donation will be for football.

He will be paying off the TO center. It also confirms other rumors that he is giving $40 MIL to school. I wasn't sure about this either but the source has been spot-on so far so I posted it.

Hell he gave $50BILLION to Bill Gates so who knows. Also, it is a redemption for TO and Solich who mean a lot to him.

AND WHAT IS WITH ALL THE GARBAGE OF BRINGING IN THESE RELICS OF COACHING'S PAST... BARRY EFFIN SWITZER? COME ON! CATCH UP TO THE NEW MILLENIUM... YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE AGAINST BRINGING IN MIKE DITKA OR HOW ABOUT THE GHOST OF BILL WALSH EITHER...

THE NEXT COACH OF NEBRASKA NEEDS TO BE A CURRENT COORDINATOR WITH EXPERIENCE FROM MULTIPLE, SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMS... NOT UNLIKE BOB STOOPS IN '99... FRESH OFF A NATIONAL TITLE AT FLORIDA AND RESURRECTING KANSAS STATE'S D IN THE EARLY '90'S...

MY VOTE IS EITHER BO PELINI OR WILL MUSCHAMP

AND WHAT IS WITH ALL THE GARBAGE OF BRINGING IN THESE RELICS OF COACHING'S PAST... BARRY EFFIN SWITZER? COME ON! CATCH UP TO THE NEW MILLENIUM... YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE AGAINST BRINGING IN MIKE DITKA OR HOW ABOUT THE GHOST OF BILL WALSH EITHER...

THE NEXT COACH OF NEBRASKA NEEDS TO BE A CURRENT COORDINATOR WITH EXPERIENCE FROM MULTIPLE, SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMS... NOT UNLIKE BOB STOOPS IN '99... FRESH OFF A NATIONAL TITLE AT FLORIDA AND RESURRECTING KANSAS STATE'S D IN THE EARLY '90'S...

MY VOTE IS EITHER BO PELINI OR WILL MUSCHAMP

The new coach will be younger...I was told they want the old way in a new face...meaning tradition with a new king

My question is other then Bo which coaches would Nebraska target??? I mean Bo has some roots to Nebraska so he would be an obvious choice but which other coaches would Nebraska look to when interviewing???

Also if memory serves me correctly when Solich was let go and Pelini took over after that bowl win against Mich State a lot of people were interviewed for the HC position and a few people turned it down.. Will this job search be different????

My question is other then Bo which coaches would Nebraska target??? I mean Bo has some roots to Nebraska so he would be an obvious choice but which other coaches would Nebraska look to when interviewing???

Also if memory serves me correctly when Solich was let go and Pelini took over after that bowl win against Mich State a lot of people were interviewed for the HC position and a few people turned it down.. Will this job search be different????

TAKE A PEEK AT THIS COACHES HOT SEAT BLOG ON THIS MATTER FOR SOME OTHER IDEAS

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatBlog.htm