Reason for Blackshirts Poor Play?

Anthony

Hello... Long time lurker here that just signed up recently.

Toss this into the rumor mill with everything else, but there may be a good explanation as to why the Blackshirts may be playing so poorly. I have on pretty good authority that, while it may sound preposterous, it seems that a linebacker in particular has been causing all sorts of trouble between himself and the coaching staff. Not only that, he has been trying to turn other players, on both sides of the ball, against the coaching staff all year. For whatever reason, it's working! You can see it on the field, especially when this player seemed to be fighting with the other linebackers during the game as OSU just waltzed into the endzone.

This person? Corey McKeon.

Even his Myspace page headline reads "He's BACK!", of course, referring to TO.

Does something like this make sense? Would it only take one person to turn an entire team on the coaches? It might explain what happened to his fire from last year.

Mckeon showed his true colors during the notorious excuse session....sorry...interview. He is seeing that the younger guys have more talent and more desire, and with his head being the size of the Jolley Green Giants left nut, he may be acting like a jealous little girly.

Can anyone remember a team that has tanked like this? In its fourth year?

Solich's 5th year. 7-7

lost to Penn St. 40-7

lost to Kansas St. 13-49

lost to ISU 14-36

At least in those losses they were competitive the first half and didn't play like they didn't care. Plus those losses aren't as bad when you still make a bowl game unlike this year unless things turn around real quick.

Solich's 5th year. 7-7

lost to Penn St. 40-7

lost to Kansas St. 13-49

lost to ISU 14-36

And after that season he canned a bunch of coaches, made changes, and won. Cally didn't even do that after ending up below .500

If one player has the ability to sway everyone else on the team, then he's one hell of a salesman and I want to hire him when he graduates. Plus, if this is true then it makes the coaching staff look even worse by not being able to identify it. Second, the players he swayed must have been riding the fence beforehand. I don't buy it.

Solich's 5th year. 7-7

lost to Penn St. 40-7

lost to Kansas St. 13-49

lost to ISU 14-36

And after that season he canned a bunch of coaches, made changes, and won. Cally didn't even do that after ending up below .500

You are correct. Solich canned the coaches after his 5th and before his sixth season. I suppose he could have fired them mid season, but nobody can say what effect that may have had. Don't get me wrong, I am not putting BC up on a pedastal, I just answered the question. Both did tank those seasons. Correct? Solich could have fired the whole O-line, coaching staff, and his mother and hired the pope and Thomas Jeffeson, but that wasn't the question.

Sure their are extenuating circumstances, but those exist for Solich AND BC. I am not going to let my dislike for one cloud my judgement.

At least in those losses they were competitive the first half and didn't play like they didn't care. Plus those losses aren't as bad when you still make a bowl game unlike this year unless things turn around real quick.

So if we get blown out and are competitive for a quarter or half, that would change your mind about BC? :dunno