TO's Letter

LINK

This will probably help heal some ill will.

The following letter was sent Wednesday to former Nebraska football players:

"The University of Nebraska Football Program was built by you and other players like you who made a lifelong commitment to play for and support the Big Red. Because of you, Nebraska has enjoyed a tradition of excellence over the past five decades that is unprecedented and unmatched by any other team or program.

"On behalf of the University of Nebraska and the Cornhusker Athletic Department, I want you to know that we appreciate your commitment and owe you our gratitude.

"Whether you were a walk-on or scholarship player, from Nebraska or another state, you are a valuable member of this family and a key factor in our school's storied history of tradition of excellence. We want you to know you are always welcome in your home.

"Please feel free to come visit us -- anytime. Just walk in our front door and say you are a former player and I promise you, you will be welcomed with open arms. My office is on the third floor, and as you know, my door is always open. The football coaches are on the second floor and the weight room and athletic medicine are just inside the front doors of the new north stadium complex. You are welcome to come see us at work, attend practice and join us for home games.

"Beginning immediately, a limited number of tickets and sideline passes will be made available for former football players. Additional tickets for guests will be available for purchase, but there will be no charge for these single-game tickets/passes for former players. Next year, we intend to again make available a limited number of season tickets for players to purchase with no donation required."

The letter concludes with, "I know I speak for everyone here in the athletic department when I say we hope to see you soon.

Best Wishes

Tom Osborne

LINK

This will probably help heal some ill will.

The following letter was sent Wednesday to former Nebraska football players:

"The University of Nebraska Football Program was built by you and other players like you who made a lifelong commitment to play for and support the Big Red. Because of you, Nebraska has enjoyed a tradition of excellence over the past five decades that is unprecedented and unmatched by any other team or program.

"On behalf of the University of Nebraska and the Cornhusker Athletic Department, I want you to know that we appreciate your commitment and owe you our gratitude.

"Whether you were a walk-on or scholarship player, from Nebraska or another state, you are a valuable member of this family and a key factor in our school's storied history of tradition of excellence. We want you to know you are always welcome in your home.

"Please feel free to come visit us -- anytime. Just walk in our front door and say you are a former player and I promise you, you will be welcomed with open arms. My office is on the third floor, and as you know, my door is always open. The football coaches are on the second floor and the weight room and athletic medicine are just inside the front doors of the new north stadium complex. You are welcome to come see us at work, attend practice and join us for home games.

"Beginning immediately, a limited number of tickets and sideline passes will be made available for former football players. Additional tickets for guests will be available for purchase, but there will be no charge for these single-game tickets/passes for former players. Next year, we intend to again make available a limited number of season tickets for players to purchase with no donation required."

The letter concludes with, "I know I speak for everyone here in the athletic department when I say we hope to see you soon.

Best Wishes

Tom Osborne

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

About God Damn Time!!! I would love to ask SP what the hell is so hard about welcoming past players with open arms. They are what built this thing, and all he wanted to do is kick them out into the street. SP was a joke, finally we are coming back around. I already see a night and day difference in the attitude at the AD office, hopefully this trickles down. I believe everthing TO says, except that he is NOT a miracle worker and he CANT change this thing over night. I will take exception to that TO, because if anyone can turn this around in a week, it's you. Thank you Lord for TO.

About God Damn Time!!! I would love to ask SP what the hell is so hard about welcoming past players with open arms. They are what built this thing, and all he wanted to do is kick them out into the street. SP was a joke, finally we are coming back around. I already see a night and day difference in the attitude at the AD office, hopefully this trickles down. I believe everthing TO says, except that he is NOT a miracle worker and he CANT change this thing over night. I will take exception to that TO, because if anyone can turn this around in a week, it's you. Thank you Lord for TO.

SP was a business man. plain and simple. do you think there are a lot of businesses that aloow people to just walk in and make themselves at home?? that is the problem with having a businessman run an athletic department. he doesnt understand athletics, and he doesn't recognize the teams drive the business.

"We want you to know you are always welcome in your home."

Beautiful. I got chills, almost teared up, just like when the band plays "Hail Varsity" when the team runs onto the field.

What recruit isn't going to want to be part of this?

(And, by the way, Callahan is GONE at the end of the year. He's been part of keeping the players away and breaking the tradition. He knows it. TO knows it. This is Dr. Tom's program again. Thank goodness!!!)