I have news!!!!!

If this happens, T.O. has to be really angry with what's going on. This would be totally out of character for the conservative T.O. This is a man who doesn't make rushed decisions like this. His pattern has always been to make gradual changes. If this comes down, it would be very surprising.

Uh, who else do you think is making tis decision?

That's a butt-load of change in the middle of a season.

Let's hope McBride can win over the team. I am excited to see what Watson can do!!

Listening to JP so much recently, I think that McBride will light them on fire... though they might be chock full of resentment.

This is not a flame and/or doubting. It actually makes a lot of sense given BC's attire at the press conference (and yes, if he has a contract with addidas, what he wore does make a big statement IMHO - others do not have to agree). However, are there any precedents to firing a coach mid-season? I just would like to look into those situations a little more to see how they played out.

Also, TO said he wasn't making any changes before the end of the season. If these guys knew on Sat and/or Sun then TO had absolutely nothing to do with the changes. Perlman said he wouldn't be hiring/firing any coaches though. And technically, he may not have. If they agreed to resign with a given buyout, nobody was technically fired.

Not Doubting you IBR, but mcbride was stated saying he will not be coaching the defensive and the reason he was seen around the building because he was going to be at practice wednesday. (not exact words, but something of that sort. Heard it on nebraska sports radio.) Is this just a cover up? to keep people at bay? what do you think

TO also said that he hadnt been contacted about the AD job. He said this a day before he was hired.

This is not a flame and/or doubting. It actually makes a lot of sense given BC's attire at the press conference (and yes, if he has a contract with addidas, what he wore does make a big statement IMHO - others do not have to agree). However, are there any precedents to firing a coach mid-season? I just would like to look into those situations a little more to see how they played out.

Also, TO said he wasn't making any changes before the end of the season. If these guys knew on Sat and/or Sun then TO had absolutely nothing to do with the changes. Perlman said he wouldn't be hiring/firing any coaches though. And technically, he may not have. If they agreed to resign with a given buyout, nobody was technically fired.

Mackovic lost his team, he was fired during the season, Stoops replaced him after the Sooners regular season ended. It happened just 3 years ago.

Remember when Mcbride was on the hot seat when the defense was not producing back in T.O. days. He is not the answer for this, if we are going to do this lets bring in a real defensive coach.

If this happens mid-season, there is no way to bring in a "real" defensive coach to coach the remainder of the season. They won't leave until at least after the regular season ends. That has been a pretty consistent historic precedent that has been set.

Oh, and PS - I believe Charlie is a "real" defensive coach. He saw that what he was doing wasn't working, so he made changes. That is kind of what your suppose to do, isn't it? I don't believe anyone has all of the answers right up front --> Trial and Error.

Wow, that kinda destroys all these theories but who knows. So has nebraska been in contact with LSU have they stated their intrest in bo? Thats what i dont understand

why don't you understand this? And I have stated that I believe the Bo as HC is about 70%. There are still details and intervies to finish.