I have news!!!!!

I have confirmation from a different source on some of what IBR posted.

I realize I haven't posted here often, so take it for what you think it's worth ...

My source is a person that was present in a meeting with Osborne and some AD staff today.

He offered nothing on his own but did agree to respond to some questions I asked.

He confirmed that TO wants Bo and Pelini wants to be N as HC.

Firing won't happen but 4 resignations will if the details ($$) get worked out. Other coaches will stay through remainder of the season. My source has heard some names of other coaches that would come in to finish the season but he refused to confirm or deny.

I will post but if I get any doubters or flamers then I post no more news. We should just speculate more...but I will piss on the flamers or doubters.

I have a question.....If you have such an in in thei athletic department, and such a storied collegiate career, then why are you seeking validation and cautioning those on internet message boards?

Heard on 10/11 News that Osborne sent a letter to former players inviting them to practice basically any time they wanted. WOW... I'll bet that really pissed off BC.

Also, did anyone catch Callahan's response when he was asked about the pressure of having Osborne at practice? I'm paraphrasing, but he first said something like, "I've coached in a Super Bowl" and then said something like, "In the past I had Bill Walsh at practices, he was a pretty good coach, I'm sure you've heard of him?"

I just get the feeling that BC is one pissed off guy but he is completely boxed in.

If NU wins this weekend, TO will get the credit.

If NU loses this weekend, BC will have another load of bricks dumped on his head.

Just shows to go ya that Callahan is a jerk!!!! :bonez

Callahan has ALWAYS been a jerk and never had this team heading anywhere but medicocrity and now the players quit on him so welcome to the inevitable. I still remember getting a phone call immediately after Cally was named coach and the person on the other line who is now an OC for a D-1 team only laughed. My voicemail was just him laughing. It was so obvious outside of NU that he was, is and always will be a bad Head Coach....pleasefirecallahan was the one thing I begged to be wrong about. The only silver lining is that I thought I was going to be proven correct in another 2 years...they canned him earlier than I expected. Gosh, I remember how terrible I thought that extension was. If he didn't have it he would already be done...DAMN!

Well said!

I have confirmation from a different source on some of what IBR posted.

I realize I haven't posted here often, so take it for what you think it's worth ...

My source is a person that was present in a meeting with Osborne and some AD staff today.

He offered nothing on his own but did agree to respond to some questions I asked.

He confirmed that TO wants Bo and Pelini wants to be N as HC.

Firing won't happen but 4 resignations will if the details ($$) get worked out. Other coaches will stay through remainder of the season. My source has heard some names of other coaches that would come in to finish the season but he refused to confirm or deny.

AS the rumor goes chuckleshuffle

I received this e-mail from a family member who has a former husker working for him

1. Osborne will be the AD, w/Rimington as understudy 2. Cosgrove's

contracthas been bought out 3. Callahan did today's press conference in non-NU

attire 4. Callahan, Cosgrove, Wagner, and Elmassian will be dismissed

within 24 hours.> 5. Watson is Interim OC, Busch is Interim DC 6. McBride

returns as Interim HC/Caretaker 7. Osborne is will be flying to Baton

Rouge to see Bo.> 8. The thinking is....this is the only way to salvage a

recruiting class which is viewed as critical, absolutely critical, to a

quick turnaround. No reason to leave coaching staff in place til end of

year because a) they are going to lose anyway, and B) if they get a new

staff in place quick enough they can salvage a lot of recruits.>> Source

quality score: B (son of person involved above directly to business

associate to my brother to me).>> If nothing else, it's interesting.>>>>

I doubt the stories mostly because I can't see Osborne talking to every news media outlet and saying nothing going to happen till the end of the year and going back on his word.

So about when are the "details" expected to be worked out with Cally and Company? I guessing they won't leave the day before a game, so are we talking before or after Texas?

Any where from after the game on Sat. to the end of the season.

We cant get to impatient here, thats why we are in this mess, that and Genius Callihan

Charlie McBride isn't gonna coach as interim HC at nebraska.....this is a rumor. I don't care what you have heard, it is wrong and a lie. Bill Callahen isn't going to be fired/accessed until the end of the season. Yet he may quit before the end but T.O. will not fire him. Things will stay the same until the end of the year. Charlie McBride was interviewed wednesday stating that this is a huge rumor that is not true. I never believed it anyways, why would he...he cares but not that much. Just chill out and support the huskers until the end of the year and then we will clean house and start fresh next year.

There is no way that Pelini has been offered anything due to the fact that NU HAS to follow procedures for interviewing or they will be fined...don't they have interview a minority prospect or is this just in the NFL?

IBR, you have been dead on, but I believe they have to follow procedures. Let me know if I am wrong...

You're thinking of the NFL on both points. The NCAA does not have any rule that prohibits a university from contacting a coach on another team. More importantly, though, the contact is usually done through third parties when in-season. Happens quite often, actually. The NFL has a rule that prohibits teams from contacting coaches on other teams while that coach's team is still playing/the season is not over for the team.

And likewise, the NCAA does not require minority-candidate consideration. That's the NFL.

The thinking is....this is the only way to salvage a

recruiting class which is viewed as critical, absolutely critical

I totally agree. this is a huge class. if we can keep them all, talent will not be a problem at all

We won't keep them all. Even if we'd had a good season and none of the upheaval had occurred, there'd still be decommits.

There is no way that Pelini has been offered anything due to the fact that NU HAS to follow procedures for interviewing or they will be fined...don't they have interview a minority prospect or is this just in the NFL?

IBR, you have been dead on, but I believe they have to follow procedures. Let me know if I am wrong...

You're thinking of the NFL on both points. The NCAA does not have any rule that prohibits a university from contacting a coach on another team. More importantly, though, the contact is usually done through third parties when in-season. Happens quite often, actually. The NFL has a rule that prohibits teams from contacting coaches on other teams while that coach's team is still playing/the season is not over for the team.

And likewise, the NCAA does not require minority-candidate consideration. That's the NFL.

Thanks for clarification....I will put my foot into my mouth. Damn lawyers always think they know everything! :lol:

Thanks for clarification....I will put my foot into my mouth. Damn lawyers always think they know everything! :lol:

By the way - that'll be $750.00 for the consultation...

:rollin

The thinking is....this is the only way to salvage a

recruiting class which is viewed as critical, absolutely critical

I totally agree. this is a huge class. if we can keep them all, talent will not be a problem at all

We won't keep them all. Even if we'd had a good season and none of the upheaval had occurred, there'd still be decommits.

sure... but if we could keep the bulk of the class.... say everyone but gabbert and another, but kept everyone else and picked up robinson(I dont know why, but I feel we have a better shot at him now then before) then I would be thrilled