I have news!!!!!

Not Doubting you IBR, but mcbride was stated saying he will not be coaching the defensive and the reason he was seen around the building because he was going to be at practice wednesday. (not exact words, but something of that sort. Heard it on nebraska sports radio.) Is this just a cover up? to keep people at bay? what do you think

TO also said that he hadnt been contacted about the AD job. He said this a day before he was hired.

He also said he was going to spend more time with his family then ran for Congress. <_<

The thinking is....this is the only way to salvage a

recruiting class which is viewed as critical, absolutely critical

I totally agree. this is a huge class. if we can keep them all, talent will not be a problem at all

We won't keep them all. Even if we'd had a good season and none of the upheaval had occurred, there'd still be decommits.

sure... but if we could keep the bulk of the class.... say everyone but gabbert and another, but kept everyone else and picked up robinson(I dont know why, but I feel we have a better shot at him now then before) then I would be thrilled

i'm on the same page as you here...i think w/ T.O. back in charge, it'll push some recruits over the edge to come to NU...i actually think that Gabbert is more of a solid commit now that T.O. has taken over.

There is no way that Pelini has been offered anything due to the fact that NU HAS to follow procedures for interviewing or they will be fined...don't they have interview a minority prospect or is this just in the NFL?

IBR, you have been dead on, but I believe they have to follow procedures. Let me know if I am wrong...

You're thinking of the NFL on both points. The NCAA does not have any rule that prohibits a university from contacting a coach on another team. More importantly, though, the contact is usually done through third parties when in-season. Happens quite often, actually. The NFL has a rule that prohibits teams from contacting coaches on other teams while that coach's team is still playing/the season is not over for the team.

And likewise, the NCAA does not require minority-candidate consideration. That's the NFL.

But while you don't have to inform the institution there is a courtesy thats usually followed of informing the schools before contact.

I totally agree. this is a huge class. if we can keep them all, talent will not be a problem at all

We won't keep them all. Even if we'd had a good season and none of the upheaval had occurred, there'd still be decommits.

sure... but if we could keep the bulk of the class.... say everyone but gabbert and another, but kept everyone else and picked up robinson(I dont know why, but I feel we have a better shot at him now then before) then I would be thrilled

i'm on the same page as you here...i think w/ T.O. back in charge, it'll push some recruits over the edge to come to NU...i actually think that Gabbert is more of a solid commit now that T.O. has taken over.

Actually, I think Gabbert is as good as gone. The pounding by Mizzou seems to have pretty much sealed that one. He's a practice field warrior when the pressure is off, but seems to fold in game situations so don't worry about this one too much.

Actually, I think Gabbert is as good as gone. The pounding by Mizzou seems to have pretty much sealed that one. He's a practice field warrior when the pressure is off, but seems to fold in game situations so don't worry about this one too much.

I think he's gone too, but who knows. MU will have their typical late season collapse.

I am torn between calling this BS and calling it truth. Cally may resign if they give him $$$ but what if he wants to stay? NU still has a chance to win the Big 12 North if KU and Mizz choke (which I hope KU doesnt). If Cally somehow managed to get to the Big 12 North, I might just have a chance ppl. I dont think Oz is the kind of guy to just go and fire someone...Cally will have the rest of the season to make amends.

I don't think John Fricke who works for Fox Sports Radio would have broke the story on Fox yesterday if something wasn't going on behind the scenes. Today he has been very quite so he probably doesn't want to get burned twice but in the end things may eventually end up like they were reported yesterday and in this thread. Like someone said when lawyers are involved sometimes things take time. If want is being reported is true then it would make sense to do it either early next week or the week after the Texas game. Of course if NU wins the next two games (not likely however) then you really would have a story.

There is no way that Pelini has been offered anything due to the fact that NU HAS to follow procedures for interviewing or they will be fined...don't they have interview a minority prospect or is this just in the NFL?

IBR, you have been dead on, but I believe they have to follow procedures. Let me know if I am wrong...

You're thinking of the NFL on both points. The NCAA does not have any rule that prohibits a university from contacting a coach on another team. More importantly, though, the contact is usually done through third parties when in-season. Happens quite often, actually. The NFL has a rule that prohibits teams from contacting coaches on other teams while that coach's team is still playing/the season is not over for the team.

And likewise, the NCAA does not require minority-candidate consideration. That's the NFL.

But while you don't have to inform the institution there is a courtesy thats usually followed of informing the schools before contact.

That tends to be the case when it's an AD making the contact - not when it's a third party acting on behalf of the facility. As I posted in another thread, it's a silly distinction, but that's the way it happens.

I am torn between calling this BS and calling it truth. Cally may resign if they give him $$$ but what if he wants to stay? NU still has a chance to win the Big 12 North if KU and Mizz choke (which I hope KU doesnt). If Cally somehow managed to get to the Big 12 North, I might just have a chance ppl. I dont think Oz is the kind of guy to just go and fire someone...Cally will have the rest of the season to make amends.

Nice thought that NU can still win the North, but there's no way I can get to the place where Osborne lets Callahan remain as HC. It's unimaginable and preposterous. I don't think a flamethrower could cut the frost in their relationship.

Our defense could be insane with Charlie McBride as Interim Head Coach.

Insanely bad...well...pretty much just as bad as it's been so far...

I think it would improve, but not to the point that it would be a great defense, or even a good one. but I certainly think it would improve. that group is really underachieving.

LSU doesn't seem to have caught wind of us trying to woo Pelini back . . . I checked five different LSU boards and none of them even mention it.

They know at the board I'm on.

tigerboard

Looks like some think it's a good job for him and others think that Texas A & M has better tradition (???) and they think he could go there instead. Others think Cally will be staying cuz he got a contract ext.

This is a public service reminder. Do not go to the tigerboard and flame possibly bringing some morons here to return the favor.

Thank you, back to the thread.