Marcus Mendoza

Glenn is banged up and unavailable, Culbert moved back to the defense. That leaves Lucky, Castille and Helu. Maybe they think Mendoza can contribute and help the team get a win and get the train back on the track. I know the team has looked like crap, but you can't expect them to just fold.

exactly. first, everyone screams 'PLAY TEH FRESHMEN!!!1!" and cally doesn't, so he sucks. now he's plays a freshman and now cally is being a vendictive prick.

heads, callahan is wrong. tails, the mob is right.

whatEVER.

Glenn is banged up and unavailable, Culbert moved back to the defense. That leaves Lucky, Castille and Helu. Maybe they think Mendoza can contribute and help the team get a win and get the train back on the track. I know the team has looked like crap, but you can't expect them to just fold.

exactly. first, everyone screams 'PLAY TEH FRESHMEN!!!1!" and cally doesn't, so he sucks. now he's plays a freshman and now cally is being a vendictive prick.

whatEVER.

It's not that fact that he may burn his redshirt, it's when he chose to burn his redshirt.

There is a no win situation with most. If he plays these guys he's an :asshat if he doesn't he is a moron.

Common, if he needs to play these guys to win a game then by all means get it done. I think Castille for one has lit a fire under Lucky. I have never seen lucky run so hard until Castille smashed through a few players like a train through the rain. We haven't seen this guy and who knows.... maybe he will give the line a little boost when he can dart in and out without being seen (short guy)? I like the desicion. We have had a few guys play thier first year and were instrumental in our success in the past. Let them coach and see how things go. Unfortunately that is all we have atm.

Castille and Helu run the best between the tackles.

Lucky is better out in the open and is supposed to be the speed back but has not been making it around the corner this year. There have been several plays where he could have had big gains but just couldn't get around the edge and was dragged down for little or no gain. He doesn't cut back very well.

Put Castille in as the blocking back and pitch the ball to the kid and see what happens. I see some potential wingback sets and reverses with him if he's a speedster.

6 games into the season is not that unrealistic a timeline to get a freshman on offense to ready to contribute. Unless you were TO, then it was at least a year and likely two. Even the great Tommie Frazier didn't start until game 6 in 1992.

whatEVER.

:yeah mob mentallity >> :madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash:madash

He is burning up redshirts...period if Mendoza was so great we would have seen him by now.......Osborne needs to touch base with every recruit.....period.....between fizzou, kjuco and the fluffs and Cally they will wreck any recruiting class that comes in.....TO is very smart I am sure he see this........thing is if Cally does this it will wreck his big buyout negotiaions for him and cosgrove......but I would'nt put it past him.

he'll play 6 plays, two of which will be for first downs, 3 of which will be blocking for passes, and one will be a fumbled snap.

then he will return to the sideline and sit the rest of the year. Callahan will say in the press conference, "We played a few freshman today. It was good to get them in a few packages we had put in for them. We will look at the film, take some postitives from it and see where we go from here."

:angry: I can't believe some of you are so hard headed. Callahan is gone, he's not trying to save his job, he's not trying to find a special spark in a Freshamn so we can win, he's doing nothing more than biding his time for the buyout!

Bringing Marcus out (and I love the kid) at this point in the year is another dumb *ss decision in a long list for Callahan. What kinda message does that send to Lucky & Castille? He lost the team weeks ago, he knows he's gone, the team knows he's gone AND the sooner the better so he don't pull everyone out of their flippin' redshirt.

Everyone has been saying the same thing all season - put our playmakers on the field and let them make plays. Who knows why we haven't seen Mendoza before this weekend - maybe he has been hurt (BC never likes to talk about injuries). Maybe he only recently stepped up his practice routines. Whatever. If he wants to play let him play - just don't put him in for 1 series and 2 carries and then sit him the rest of the year.

:angry: I can't believe some of you are so hard headed. Callahan is gone, he's not trying to save his job, he's not trying to find a special spark in a Freshamn so we can win, he's doing nothing more than biding his time for the buyout!

Bringing Marcus out (and I love the kid) at this point in the year is another dumb *ss decision in a long list for Callahan. What kinda message does that send to Lucky & Castille? He lost the team weeks ago, he knows he's gone, the team knows he's gone AND the sooner the better so he don't pull everyone out of their flippin' redshirt.

Oh and remember, this is the same guy who called Osborne a "crusty ol' *uck". He'll get another job don't you worry, it takes a ton more than that to ruin your attraction.