Do we really want Bo Pelini?

TLS2

I still think Joe Glenn from Wyoming should get some consideration. Nebraska boy with a great resume at Northern Colorado and now turning Wyoming around. Remember, that's where we got Devaney!

don't get too hung up on "He's were we got Devaney!"

Aside from the fact that he's from nebraska I don't see alot of reason to take him over, say pelini.

I guess I'm not convinced he's the man for the job. I remember how he went ballistic at that last bowl game. I think he is a good defensive coordinator but I think someone stepping into this job needs to be not only knowlegable but also polished. For my part, I think someone like Turner Gill, who even though he is not as experienced, has a little more finesse than Bo.

I just don't want to be embarrassed again by a coach who can't control his temper, then have to hear about it for weeks on end after the game.

Any thoughts?

TLS2

In one word answer.....YES!

I guess I'm not convinced he's the man for the job. I remember how he went ballistic at that last bowl game. I think he is a good defensive coordinator but I think someone stepping into this job needs to be not only knowlegable but also polished. For my part, I think someone like Turner Gill, who even though he is not as experienced, has a little more finesse than Bo.

I just don't want to be embarrassed again by a coach who can't control his temper, then have to hear about it for weeks on end after the game.

Any thoughts?

TLS2

Some of the stuff I've been reading about him lately indicate he's matured a little while at LSU and seems to have a good handle on his priorities.

Even laughing more.

I "pity the foo" conference of the team that he ends up being the head coach for.

I wouldn't mind having Gill either..

So many of you are basing your opinions on 4 year old data...Habits change. Especially when becoming the HBC somewhere or coaching with another staff.

Habits die hard my friend. Unfortunately, the habits of this coaching staff never changed and now we're in the position we're in because of it. BC lost his team in Oakland, and now he's lost his team at NU. If Bo is hired, I'm sure we'll see a "few" outbursts. However, I do believe he's the kind of coach that his team would walk through fire for.

In the end, I will support whoever TO chooses as long as it's not the current staff. I thought Solich wasn't treated fairly, so I really never got behind BC and staff. When they were brought in, I was pretty much just indifferent. I was hoping for the best, but my hoping for the best was soured early on in their time here. I don't think Gill is the guy at all, but if TO brings him in I will support him.

Any thoughts?

TLS2

When I talk to players that played for him, they all say Pelini has an incredible ability to motivate. He's a defensive genius, as far as I could tell, and that same game he got one damned penalty he also managed to completely shut down one of the nation's most potent offenses while leaving the offensive playcalling to someone else.

Sometimes young coaches overreact, but all great coaches have the motivation factor in common. Pelini is a very special guy. Heaven forbid your FOOTBALL coach is a hardass. I think with the sissy-girl coaching philosophy we have now we forget what it's like to have a fire lit under your butt. That's football.

What we forget is how much love Pelini gave his players. Any three and out, there wasn't anyone in the world more excited than Bo. I like seeing coaches hugging players and keeping their motors running. It's all about passion and intelligence.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I guess it has been 4 years and yes people do change and grow. Perhaps with TO's support, Bo could be the man. I'm all for a coach with passion as long as he can harness it and not make a fool out of himself. Bo did love the players and that was a good thing.

Frankly, I think the new Head Coach will be someone that hasn't even been mentioned yet. But whoever it is I think the decision will be well thought out so that we won't have to go through this kind of crappola again.

Thanks all for your input

GBR!

TLS2

When I talk to players that played for him, they all say Pelini has an incredible ability to motivate. He's a defensive genius, as far as I could tell, and that same game he got one damned penalty he also managed to completely shut down one of the nation's most potent offenses while leaving the offensive playcalling to someone else.

Sometimes young coaches overreact, but all great coaches have the motivation factor in common. Pelini is a very special guy. Heaven forbid your FOOTBALL coach is a hardass. I think with the sissy-girl coaching philosophy we have now we forget what it's like to have a fire lit under your butt. That's football.

What we forget is how much love Pelini gave his players. Any three and out, there wasn't anyone in the world more excited than Bo. I like seeing coaches hugging players and keeping their motors running. It's all about passion and intelligence.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Oct 20 2007, 03:11 PM) 245849[/snapback]

I didn't want Pelini back then, and I don't want him now. I want a coach that has proven to be an excellent head coach in college football.

the only problem with that is they are all taken. We are more than likely not gonna get a proven head coach. Just take a page from the steelers and hire a new young guy who hasn't been a head coach before. I really dont see a probelm with pelini or gill. It would suck if pelini became a head coach somewhere else and did really good, especially win a national championship.