The Pelini threads (all of them)

TLS2

Pelini reminds Osborne of Bob Devaney and would be the obvious choice over Buffalo's Turner Gill (not ready), former Auburn coach Terry Bowden (not the right fit) and Wyoming's Joe Glenn (not accomplished enough). And LSU knows it.

Quoting rumors now in the post? When did this become a fact?

I'm thinking with Michigan's turn-around, they won't be replacing Carr soon, and Les Miles is the Media's pick to replace him anyway. I still think Bo would choose NU over LSU. I hope he gets the chance to choose.

Why do you think Pelini would choose NU over LSU? LSU is at or near the top now without having to rebuild. LSU is near or in a recruiting hotbed. While I think/hope Pelini would choose NU over A&M, I don't think he'll choose NU over LSU.

I'm thinking with Michigan's turn-around, they won't be replacing Carr soon, and Les Miles is the Media's pick to replace him anyway. I still think Bo would choose NU over LSU. I hope he gets the chance to choose.

Why do you think Pelini would choose NU over LSU? LSU is at or near the top now without having to rebuild. LSU is near or in a recruiting hotbed. While I think/hope Pelini would choose NU over A&M, I don't think he'll choose NU over LSU.

to spite pedey?

I agree that with Michigans comeback that if they were to beat Ohio State there is NO WAY they would let him go. However, even if they win out up to the OSU game and lose against OSU then he might get the boot. If the OSU/UM game is close and they lost he still might have a chance at staying which in turn would close the door to Les Miles. IF Miles did leave I think that Pelini might pick LSU over the Huskers because he's already rooted there. I would like to see him come here so let's root for Michigan to beat OSU! :hellloooo

I agree that with Michigans comeback that if they were to beat Ohio State there is NO WAY they would let him go. However, even if they win out up to the OSU game and lose against OSU then he might get the boot. If the OSU/UM game is close and they lost he still might have a chance at staying which in turn would close the door to Les Miles. IF Miles did leave I think that Pelini might pick LSU over the Huskers because he's already rooted there. I would like to see him come here so let's root for Michigan to beat OSU! :hellloooo

You have to wonder if Nebraska offers, and Miles does leave, would Pelini get offered right away by LSU, or would they have a coaching search? Pelini already been through that kind of process and it didn't end up well for him. The saying is a bird in the hand is worth two in a bush.

Even if Michigan loses to Ohio St. and they win the rest of the games they would go 9-3, you think Michigan would fire Carr then? They saw how it worked out for Nebraska after a 9-3 coach got fired. One thing that is different is that Michigan purportedly :) has Les Miles lining up to come in....

Even if Michigan loses to Ohio St. and they win the rest of the games they would go 9-3, you think Michigan would fire Carr then? They saw how it worked out for Nebraska after a 9-3 coach got fired. One thing that is different is that Michigan purportedly :) have Les Miles lining up to come in....

I've been a Husker fan forever but I did live in Columbus, OH for 12 years and the one thing that I know is that if a coach at either OSU or UM canlt beat the other team -- there gone! It's almost like the other regular season games don't matter.

Even if Michigan loses to Ohio St. and they win the rest of the games they would go 9-3, you think Michigan would fire Carr then? They saw how it worked out for Nebraska after a 9-3 coach got fired. One thing that is different is that Michigan purportedly :) have Les Miles lining up to come in....

More likely the spin would be he retired rather then was fired so the media storm would be dissipated unless he started coaching somewhere else. By then not even Dick Vitale would get on his soapbox every time he was on tv and complain like he did with Nebraska.

More likely the spin would be he retired rather then was fired so the media storm would be dissipated unless he started coaching somewhere else. By then not even Dick Vitale would get on his soapbox every time he was on tv and complain like he did with Nebraska.

I think Lloyd Carr would have something to say about that and he is too proud to be fired or forced to resign and then let Michigan get away scott free by selling it as a retirement.