The Pelini threads (all of them)

TLS2

Why was solich actually fired?...

I heard it was off field issues, sexual harassment and whatnot

edit: i joined their board, awaiting admin approval to set them straight...

I have heard the same....

I heard he got a college coed prego. How much truth there is to that i dont know but i have heard numerous sexual stories. So, where there is smoke there is fire. It had to do with something of the sexual nature. i dont think anyone will ever no for sure. But the school did a hell of a job keeping it quite.

Yeah we all know how most rumors are true. :sarcasm

"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win, get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi

People might think we need an offensive minded coach, but personally i dont care if we get a special teams minded coach as long he can motivate these kids, and out of the top canidates i have heard, BO is probably this best at this.

I heard he got a college coed prego. How much truth there is to that i dont know but i have heard numerous sexual stories. So, where there is smoke there is fire. It had to do with something of the sexual nature. i dont think anyone will ever no for sure. But the school did a hell of a job keeping it quite.

My sources tell me it was a female in the athletic department. She wasn't pregnant, and she wasn't a coed. Pud told him to knock off the affair, and he didn't. Here's my entire problem though. Pud handled the situation completely wrong. Why didn't he make Solich resign stating health problems, etc. etc.? They didn't need to air our dirty laundry, but they should have made him resign. If he refused, they should have went public with the info. and fired him. If they would have done this one simple thing, coaches wouldn't have run from the job thinking the guy was fired after a 9-3 season. IMO, Pud completely screwed up the entire situation.

My sources tell me it was a female in the athletic department. She wasn't pregnant, and she wasn't a coed. Pud told him to knock off the affair, and he didn't. Here's my entire problem though. Pud handled the situation completely wrong. Why didn't he make Solich resign stating health problems, etc. etc.? They didn't need to air our dirty laundry, but they should have made him resign. If he refused, they should have went public with the info. and fired him. If they would have done this one simple thing, coaches wouldn't have run from the job thinking the guy was fired after a 9-3 season. IMO, Pud completely screwed up the entire situation.

:yeah

IMO, it really doesn't matter if the coach is offensive minded or defensive minded as long as they go after good assistant on the other side. Look at Spurrier. He's very offensive minded. After getting thrashed by us in 95', he went out and hired the best D coordinator out there (Bob Stoops). In 96', he won the NC. The head coach must be able to evaluate the talent of his staff and get the best ones available. If we get a defensive minded coach, I hope he goes out and gets a great offensive coordinator. If we get an offensive minded coach, I hope he goes out and gets the best D coordinator.

Does Vince have a quote about being an a-hole and a dirty recruiter?

I am jsut curious why you say this, i know he ran down Bill Schnider after the KSU game, but i dont think that makes him and a-hole, and i have never heard anything about his recruiting style.

So this is an honest question, do you actually have any proof behind this or is this your opinion.

I am jsut curious why you say this, i know he ran down Bill Schnider after the KSU game, but i dont think that makes him and a-hole, and i have never heard anything about his recruiting style.

So this is an honest question, do you actually have any proof behind this or is this your opinion.

The a-hole thing is my opinion.

When he was at OU, he spoke ill of NU quite often instead of talking up his own university. I'd have to do some digging but I remember a few recruits saying that.

The a-hole thing is my opinion.

When he was at OU, he spoke ill of NU quite often instead of talking up his own university. I'd have to do some digging but I remember a few recruits saying that.

If that's true, I guess I'd rather have him back on our side. The guys aggressive and outspoken no doubt, but I kind of like that, it shows he cares and is passionate about what he does, players feed off of this which is exactly what we need!

If that's true, I guess I'd rather have him back on our side. The guys aggressive and outspoken no doubt, but I kind of like that, it shows he cares and is passionate about what he does, players feed off of this which is exactly what we need!

OK, I have to ask.

What about "more than winning"? The idea that Nebraska tries to be a step above that garbage. Or does "more than winning" just apply when you are indeed winning?