The Pelini threads (all of them)

TLS2

I've been lurking here for a long time now, but I heard this bit of info from a good friend of mine today. I know I'll likely be a laughing stock seeing how many rumors are flying around right now, but I figured I'd throw this out there. I have a friend in Lincoln who works for Duncan Aviation who says Bo Pelini was flown into Lincoln last night; he says he talked to the pilot himself who flew Pelini here. Take it for what it's worth.

I won't hate on you, I'm actually starting to enjoy the rumors. Eventually somebody's going to be right!

What the hell does purportedly mean?

Heh, I'm just passing along what I was told. Heck if I know if it's true, but I trust my friend, I don't think he'd make that up. I just said purportedly so people would get the idea that this is what I've heard, not fact or anything.

I can honestly say, I have never heard anyone use that word.

I was with you never having heard that word before. However, I looked it up and it means alleged. So, I guess he did in fact use a correct word.

Yeah, it's under control now. :thumbs Most new posters can't even spell Osborne correctly, so I just assumed that was wrong, my thanks to the OP for expanding my vocabulary. :lol:

Wow, didn't know my word choice would generate more posts than the content itself..crazy.

Your word is fine. In terms of the content, well the Pelini thing has almost been beaten to death. If he was flown into Lincoln, I have a few questions/concerns. Why in the middle of maybe a NC run at LSU would he come to Lincoln in the middle of the week? With all the technology that we have now, why wouldn't they simply talk to him if that's what they're doing through some sort of webcam or conference call at Baton Rouge? The first thing that comes to mind is if they want to keep the media at bay and things of this nature, why would they bring him to Lincoln for someone to see?

I like Pelini and wouldn't mind seeing him on the sideline next year. However, I've always been a firm believer in finishing what you start. I think I would lose a little respect for TO as AD and for Pelini as a potential head coach if all of this is going down right in the middle of a season where LSU has a very legitimate shot at winning a NC. Why would NU want to make a distraction for another team that's having a very successful season?

I've been lurking here for a long time now, but I heard this bit of info from a good friend of mine today. I know I'll likely be a laughing stock seeing how many rumors are flying around right now, but I figured I'd throw this out there. I have a friend in Lincoln who works for Duncan Aviation who says Bo Pelini was flown into Lincoln last night; he says he talked to the pilot himself who flew Pelini here. Take it for what it's worth.

:wtf Not likely.

Your "friend" woulda called the press and been on the news by now. BTW-- what's your friend's name??

BEAT TEXAS!!