The Pelini threads (all of them)

TLS2

NU needs charismatic leader that can recruit players. I feel that good assistants would love to come to Nu to rebuild the legacy of Husker football. He better be able recruit the CAs, TXs and FLAs... if he comes here, it is much easier to recruit kids in the warm weather and big cities like LA, Austin, Miami... NU needs difference makers at key positions, like Frazier, Phillips, Green, Gill, Taylor, Rozier, Fryar... Callahan hasn't done it and neither did Solich.

If that's true, I guess I'd rather have him back on our side. The guys aggressive and outspoken no doubt, but I kind of like that, it shows he cares and is passionate about what he does, players feed off of this which is exactly what we need!

OK, I have to ask.

What about "more than winning"? The idea that Nebraska tries to be a step above that garbage. Or does "more than winning" just apply when you are indeed winning?

I guess F#cking Hillbillies doesn't matter.

Say what you want about Bo, but I want a leader who has passion and fire, not some douche who sits up there and speaks in monotone as his teams get their ass kicked on a weekly basis.

That's exactly what I mean! Whether it's Bo or not isn't really the point, I'm just so sick of BC's NFL businesslike "oh it's too technical for you" attitude about everything. I just want a coach who's going to get the players excited to play for him and fans excited to cheer for him. These type of coaches are going to make mistakes, they always do, but at least they'll have the balls and or fire to learn from them and to do what's right to correct them.

Wow, lots of Husker hate on that board . . . if I didn't think it would be pointless, I'd register over there and try to straighten them out on a few points. Namely, why we fired Solich, how we WANTED Pelini after he got fired but our moron AD decided it would be wiser to look elsewhere, and how any coach coming here gets great players and brand spanking new facilities.

Just a word to Papersun87.......I am a registered member of 18 college message boards and in every one, I try to be logical and maintain respect for all programs. I just read the posts in the LSU site that you mentioned and if you think that is "hate" you should read the posts in the Texas or the USC sites. In my opinion, Nebraska fans are right at the top of the classiest fans in America. Auburn fans are right there also (until the Alabama week). Your program will return to prominence with the right chemistry in the front office and on the field. Stay calm and endure the "lull." ......and for old times sake, "BEAT TEXAS !!!!"

Say what you want about Bo, but I want a leader who has passion and fire, not some douche who sits up there and speaks in monotone as his teams get their ass kicked on a weekly basis.

Do you prefer they have a temper tantrum at the podium after a game, just so you know he cares? I really dont get what you are saying. I'm not a fan of Cally's so I can understand that frustration. I think we all have that.

Does Vince have a quote about being an a-hole and a dirty recruiter?

I am jsut curious why you say this, i know he ran down Bill Schnider after the KSU game, but i dont think that makes him and a-hole, and i have never heard anything about his recruiting style.

So this is an honest question, do you actually have any proof behind this or is this your opinion.

The a-hole thing is my opinion.

When he was at OU, he spoke ill of NU quite often instead of talking up his own university. I'd have to do some digging but I remember a few recruits saying that.

I'd say he was negative, but I would also say he was RIGHT!! ya think Reggie smith would change his decision if he had a chance? Bo Pelini changing his mind made that kid a lot of money.

I posted this in another thread, but it deserves a look here (Pelini's D stats from 2003).

From the NCAA site for Nebraska stats:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2003/Internet/r...3000000463.HTML

NU D Stat: value (NCAA/B12 ranking)

Rushing: 119.3 (24/3)

Pass: 177.9 (11/4)

Pass Efficiency: 88.66 (1/1)

Total: 297.2 (11/3)

Scoring 14.46 (2/1)

TO Margin: +1.77 (1/1)

TO Gained: 47 (2/1)

Pelini had the #2 scoring D and the #2 turnover D in the nation (arguably the 2 most important defensive stats). I'd say that's pretty darn good.

For those of you who don't want Bo Pelini for our head coach are saying this over and over "He's got a tember, or why is Nebraska fans more about wins than the coaches attitude on the field or off the field, or he doesn't have experience as a head coach." Ok now lets say we change the bad temper to a positive tember and that Nebraska fans care equally about winning and the coaches attitude on the field and off the field and the coach does have some experience as a head coach......should the name Bill Callahan come to mind. I'm sorry but this coach as a great attitude on the field but doesn't get the players pumped up....hell he doesn't even get them pumped up during the tunnel walk. We care about our wins and our coaches presence and Billy boy shows class on a certain level but overall is a complete dumb ass and He does have experience as a head coach while it lasted at Oakland. So for everybody who say these things about Bo Pelini is pretty much wanting another Bill Callahan...any thoughts about this or am I just totally wrong???

For those of you who don't want Bo Pelini for our head coach are saying this over and over "He's got a tember, or why is Nebraska fans more about wins than the coaches attitude on the field or off the field, or he doesn't have experience as a head coach." Ok now lets say we change the bad temper to a positive tember and that Nebraska fans care equally about winning and the coaches attitude on the field and off the field and the coach does have some experience as a head coach......should the name Bill Callahan come to mind. I'm sorry but this coach as a great attitude on the field but doesn't get the players pumped up....hell he doesn't even get them pumped up during the tunnel walk. We care about our wins and our coaches presence and Billy boy shows class on a certain level but overall is a complete dumb ass and He does have experience as a head coach while it lasted at Oakland. So for everybody who say these things about Bo Pelini is pretty much wanting another Bill Callahan...any thoughts about this or am I just totally wrong???

There only ONE Bill Callahan. And I believe there lots of good coaches that fit those criteria.

You are just totally wrong!!! I couldn't resist a cheap shot :lol: