1620 The Zone

Why would St. Louis want callahan? Give me a break...he makes too much money for anyone to want to buy him out of this contract. Nebraska will be stuck paying him...but it will be worth it to be rid of his butt.

Maybe karma will bite him in the ass... like from now on every time he goes into a store the cashier is a husker fan and overcharges him for whatever he bought by a few hundred percent... or the 'N' kid at the McDonalds marks his big mac up to $425.99. His 'N' plumber charges him $1,345,356.99 to change a washer under his kitchen sink. Stuff like that.

We DO have a worldwide fanbase after all...Teach him a lesson about overcharging.....

This goes along quite a bit with what IBR said and was reported on 1620 The Zone Omaha's ESPN radio this afternoon. I just got the e-mail as well:

I know a guy that is friends with Bill Callahans wife and apparently since St. Louis' offense is having so much trouble the boosters are working a deal that would allow Callahan to get out of his contract with us and go finish the season in St. Louis. Nebraska would then be off the hook for the contract because St. Louis would pick up the buyout. It's under wraps with lawyers right now but after the Texas game they are going to announce it. This way Callahan will get back to the NFL and we won't have to pay the buyout.

Please let this be true

This is why I need to get a radio here at work and listen to 1620. They usually say these things as an obvious joke (like the one where Solich was coming back as RB's coach) but someone here thought it was serious.

you also need to listen to my hilarious e-mails that are read daily...

and Foreign Callahan

and also, you should go to there home page and listen to the opening podcast from yesterday's show, because the Larry the Cable Guy immitation is fricking priceless.

This goes along quite a bit with what IBR said and was reported on 1620 The Zone Omaha's ESPN radio this afternoon. I just got the e-mail as well:

I know a guy that is friends with Bill Callahans wife and apparently since St. Louis' offense is having so much trouble the boosters are working a deal that would allow Callahan to get out of his contract with us and go finish the season in St. Louis. Nebraska would then be off the hook for the contract because St. Louis would pick up the buyout. It's under wraps with lawyers right now but after the Texas game they are going to announce it. This way Callahan will get back to the NFL and we won't have to pay the buyout.

Te podcast on 1620 with this is in segment 4. It was an e-mail read on air. IT WAS NOT ANNOUNCED BY 1630. All they did was read it.

I heard part of their segment with Bruce Feldman of ESPN the magazine and it was mentioned that it wouldn't surprise them if Callahan was back in the NFL next year as a QB coach or WR coach.

I believed they asked Bruce if he felt that Bill Callahan would ever coach in the college ranks again and he said no, and that the NFL would were he would likely wind up next year, as an assistant like you mentioned.