New Head Coach? THREADS - ALL OF THEM

Would love it........tutored under norm Chow.........played at BYU.......was a great quarterback........beat Kjuco in the cotton bowl.......tutored under Carroll...........what is not to like..........I would neck choke my neighbor if we hired him.................... QB recruits galore strong ties to California.........it would be huge IF we got him..........thanks for uplifting my spirits , but I would be totally shocked..........IF WE GOT HIM.

Would love it........tutored under norm Chow.........played at BYU.......was a great quarterback........beat Kjuco in the cotton bowl.......tutored under Carroll...........what is not to like..........I would neck choke my neighbor if we hired him.................... QB recruits galore strong ties to California.........it would be huge IF we got him..........thanks for uplifting my spirits , but I would be totally shocked..........IF WE GOT HIM.

MANCRUSH= Sarkisian MANCRUSH#2= Bo Pelini

Whoa there Sparky! I believe we understand -- you like the guy! :)

Not a Gill fan for HC, but why is it that Sarkisian is getting a bye for never being a HC but it was always used against Turner Gill.

Is our program at the point where we need to be the testing ground for "possible" future great coaches. The guy may know qb's and offense, but can he lead. Sound like right now he has all of the same qualifications Callahan had when hired.

I believe Tom Osborne was an Offensive Coordinator that was hired in as a first time Head Coach.

...would Paul Johnson would leave Navy if got offered the head job at NU?

I think he'd jump at the opportunity. He's a triple option kinda' guy and he knows Nebraskans would embrace that.

Too bad it would be stupid to run the triple option in the Big 12...

yah! stoopid triple option! we HATES you!!! ZOMG!1!!1!

btw, what's wrong with the triple option? is it just because the cool kids don't run it or what?

I think he'd jump at the opportunity. He's a triple option kinda' guy and he knows Nebraskans would embrace that.

Errr. . . yeah, because Texas had no success with the Read Option, right?

Any system, even the Wishbone, could be successful today, given the right personnel running it.

Too many good offenses in the Big 12. It's tough to play catch-up using the triple option.

I get what you're saying, but they were declaring the option dead in the late 80s.

Then we won three MNC's in the late 90s. OOOPS!

It's all about personnel. Yeah, it'd be far harder to recruit kids these days running that scheme, but it could be done.

Errr. . . yeah, because Texas had no success with the Read Option, right?

Any system, even the Wishbone, could be successful today, given the right personnel running it.

The triple option is not the read option.

There are very few teams that run the triple option anymore. Before you get on my case, why don't you quiz the 100+ coaches who don't run it why they favor a different offensive system?

Too many good offenses in the Big 12. It's tough to play catch-up using the triple option.

I get what you're saying, but they were declaring the option dead in the late 80s.

Then we won three MNC's in the late 90s. OOOPS!

It's all about personnel. Yeah, it'd be far harder to recruit kids these days running that scheme, but it could be done.

That was also when we had 90+ scholarships at our disposal. It's a different game now.