zac taylor has some words for huskernation

hack

I thought it was interesting earlier this season when OU's Bob Stoops said he thinks his Sooners can compete and have competed well when they didn't have an All-Star QB. Interesting that the Bradford kid can just step in and be good immediately at OU and doesn't need to be endlessly "groomed" for a position. I like that approach much better.

to me it's the entire PHILOSOPHY that Callahan uses.

it's all professional and stuffy

it's finesse and soft

it's closed off and unemotional

it's not Nebraska based and Husker do or die

and based on some interviews he's given--it's slightly delusional

he has rubbed us all pretty raw and I just think we can't say, "welllll, MAYBE next year will be better."

Yes and his philosophy has defied logic for long enough. There have been too many games where his gameplan has tried to play to the opponents strengths rather than try to exploit weaknesses. That was glaring the first season against Tech, Iowa State and Oklahoma. Then this year it has been showcased again against Missouri, A&M, and Texas. Then there is the Coz factor.

I have the greatest admiration for Taylor but the program cannot wait for what will never happen.

I thought what Zac wrote was good stuff. I just dont agree with him giving these coaches one more year to see what they can do. I believe, they have had plenty of time to show what they can do in four years. The bottom line is, the coaches tried very hard, but it just didnt work out for them. Is that so hard to take? I wish them well where ever they go next.

Yowza, again.

. As Zac states, "if we could have a freshman quarterback in here, the offense would REALLY take off." If there's one thing we have seen...BC has decided this will not happen.

What he said was wait until we have QB's who have come through the program from their freshman year, not to put in a freshman QB.

BC has had 4 years and he still hasn't been able to do that. He keeps going out there and getting band-aids to cover up the problem and not fix it.

Ganz could be the closest thing BC has had to mentoring and developing a qb, and he will be a 1 year starter at best. Oh and I guess there is Beau Davis. Maybe we could give BC another 4 years to see what he can do with Witt.

Yowza, again.

. As Zac states, "if we could have a freshman quarterback in here, the offense would REALLY take off." If there's one thing we have seen...BC has decided this will not happen.

What he said was wait until we have QB's who have come through the program from their freshman year, not to put in a freshman QB.

BC has had 4 years and he still hasn't been able to do that. He keeps going out there and getting band-aids to cover up the problem and not fix it.

Ganz could be the closest thing BC has had to mentoring and developing a qb, and he will be a 1 year starter at best. Oh and I guess there is Beau Davis. Maybe we could give BC another 4 years to see what he can do with Witt.

He had one named Harrison Beck.

Yowza, again.

He had one named Harrison Beck.

Exactly.

I didn't notice him on the roster this season though???

At least if we got new staff we wouldn't have to listen to "fire the coaches" threads for the next 2 years. That would probably make it all worthwhile right there. :sarcasm

I wouldn't say that with any sarcasm. The "Fire____" threads almost keep me away from the boards. But worse are the "The Huskers suck" threads. GTFO already. Oh, and my personal favorite, "Let (backup QB name) play!" All a bunch of BS from people who seemingly know just enough to be dangerous with a keyboard.

Exactly

I hope the current coaching staff remains and gets a vote of confidence from Osborne. If that doesn't happen, we may not see another bowl game for a decade or more.

We may not see another bowl game within the next 100 years with the current coaching staff.

I caught part of Zac's interview on 1620 this afternoon. He discussed his letter to the Journalstar. He did say fans may certainly disagree with him but he thinks Callahan deserves the chance to let the offense work and this season was a fluke. He did go on to say it would be interesting to see how Ganz does in the last few games because he is the type of QB he was talking about since Ganz has been in the system for 4 years and has a great grasp of the offense. He also said he is giving Canadian football a try. He originally intended to take a shot next year but his agent called after the USC game and told him Winnipeg wanted him this season. He hasn't seen the field yet but looks forward to the chance. I believe he said Michael Bishop is the starter.

Anyhow: Ganz has 3 games to showcase what Callahan's system is capable of.